Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

3 minutes ago, Ashtyn said:

Hey guys, I've noticed something in the magic lore section.

In each allegiance it says the following

'all wizards in the army know an additional spell from one of the lores of the dead'

however in the magic section it says

'for death lord wizards you may generate each of their additional spells from either lore'

does this mean deathlords get one spell from each lore?

im assuming it doesn't but I thought I'd ask what you guys think? 

Only one spell but can choose from all 12 spells. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

What do you mean?  1 in every 5 gets a Grandhammer, so that is 6 of them in 30. Fading Vigor is going to drop that from 13 attacks to 7.

Love the idea but GG are 420 for 30

oh haha. yeah its still working in the 2k list. Just wrote wrong number ^^ the list is still valid.

1 hour ago, Ashtyn said:

Hey guys, I've noticed something in the magic lore section.

In each allegiance it says the following

'all wizards in the army know an additional spell from one of the lores of the dead'

however in the magic section it says

'for death lord wizards you may generate each of their additional spells from either lore'

does this mean deathlords get one spell from each lore?

im assuming it doesn't but I thought I'd ask what you guys think? 

You're missing an essential word in there Ashtyn.  Please see my post in LoN FAQ Compilation for explanation of the Lores.  Wizards only know Lore spells if they have an allegiance ability that grants it to them.  They do not inherently know them.

Made a Legion of Night.  Not sure how effective it would be but could get some funny reactions from people

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Leaders
Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (420)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
Vampire Lord (140)
- Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike
Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Behemoths
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 144

On 2/15/2018 at 2:48 AM, choocheelo said:

Dont listen anyone, who say: drop vl...  they fear  30" mass d6 mortal wound.

But drop manny and take mourngul or 4 morghasts. Even now mourngul can be summoned at 18"(+6 for arkhan command ability) and charge.

If you take mann for a spell from vamplore, drop it for neferata. She can make instakill on 6+ rule. 

I bring manny for a dathmage spell like soul harvest and he is the only one with a close combat profile to use it effeciently ( even if is profile is not that good ) so i think imma test it and yes i will switch skeleton for more dire wolf

Hey guys! Got a question id like your opinions on

:Endless Legions:

Does this ability cost reinforcement points? My community is sort of split. 

-half saying it does

-some saying it doesn’t (and very persistent about it despite proof on the contrary from other armies)

-and some are making up a rule to balance between the two

So would just like your opinions. 

Not trying to ruin the army for my mates. Would just like clarification for future tournaments in which they play. 

Cheers guys 

2 minutes ago, Lanoss said:

-half saying it does

-some saying it doesn’t (and very persistent about it despite proof on the contrary from other armies)

Not trying to ruin the army for my mates. Would just like clarification for future tournaments in which they play. 

Cheers guys 

As it currently stands it requires reinforcement points.

You're setting up a new unit which requires points set aside. 

I'm sure this will come up in the FAQ and I'm sure they will say that it requires points.

Unless they're going into a new direction with death and summoning, however that is very risky considering how ridiculous it would be to summon a destroyed unit of 40 skeletons in an objective based game.

9 minutes ago, Lanoss said:

-half saying it does

Cheers guys 

The question is does it put models on the table, if so then yes. (Except bringing back models in a damaged unit, I know.. ?)

I know this has come up before and someone did the math on it but I can't really follow the math. Why would one use black knights instead of hexwraiths?  Hexwraiths can do mortal wounds, can take a hit a lot better and now can come back with the same probability as the black knights. They are 40 points more, but is that really enough to deter?

Secondly, a while ago I read that there was an ability that if you have arkhan and a mortis on a 4+ arkhan can pass off the wound to the mortis engine. Now I can't find it in the book. Any tips?

Thanks

Has anyone noticed that Nighthaunt models are not featured in any of the photos in the LoN book. This may indicate that the Nighthaunts getting their own book rumor may be true. I would like to see the spirit Legions get their own book. Nighthaunts allegiance not being included in the book being yet another indication that something could be in the works for the ghosts with the most.

I only have 1 hope: IF death actually manages to reach top tables soon (I think they will, this book does have the makings for it to do well in competitive play), that they don't do a GHBK17 and completely kneecap it by upping the points of everything that's points efficient by a lot. If Nagash is the natural predator of Tzeentch spam, it's actually a good thing to shake things up, to avoid more LVO-like tournament where 50% of the top 10 armies are Tzeentch. 

I can see first cohort lists and legion of sacrament lists doing well. Nuhlamia monster mash with 25 dogs can put the hurt on armies with more than 4 drops as well. 

14 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I only have 1 hope: IF death actually manages to reach top tables soon (I think they will, this book does have the makings for it to do well in competitive play), that they don't do a GHBK17 and completely kneecap it by upping the points of everything that's points efficient by a lot. If Nagash is the natural predator of Tzeentch spam, it's actually a good thing to shake things up, to avoid more LVO-like tournament where 50% of the top 10 armies are Tzeentch. 

I can see first cohort lists and legion of sacrament lists doing well. Nuhlamia monster mash with 25 dogs can put the hurt on armies with more than 4 drops as well. 

Please elaborate on this 'monster mash' list please :)

57 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I’m confident we will do well now. Plenty of good options. My only concern is that first cohort becomes the go to option as it really restricts our lists but may well be the only thing that keeps the big guy going against the likes of KO and bonesplitterz. 

Oh sure: 

Neferata (400) General
VLoZD (440) 
VLoZD (440)
Blood seeker palanquin (320)
---- Court of Nulahmia (70)
10 dire wolves (120)
10 dire wolves (120)
5 dire wolves (60)

Total: 1970

It's a 4 drop list (so deffo not a guaranteed 1st turn) BUT.... Neferata will move 20", BSP 18", 2 VLoZD 18" (one with pionions possibly 23"), allowing you to set up for a lot of turn 1 charges in a zone where you can spread nefy's debuff aura pretty much across the table against the majority of enemy troops. If your opponent deploys on the edge of his setup zone, you are talking very doable charge distances of 3", 4" and 6" respectively. 

46 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Please elaborate on this 'monster mash' list please :)

20 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Oh sure: 

Neferata (400) General
VLoZD (440) 
VLoZD (440)
Blood seeker palanquin (320)
---- Court of Nulahmia (70)
10 dire wolves (120)
10 dire wolves (120)
5 dire wolves (60)

Total: 1970

It's a 4 drop list (so deffo not a guaranteed 1st turn) BUT.... Neferata will move 20", BSP 18", 2 VLoZD 18" (one with pionions possibly 23"), allowing you to set up for a lot of turn 1 charges in a zone where you can spread nefy's debuff aura pretty much across the table against the majority of enemy troops. If your opponent deploys on the edge of his setup zone, you are talking very doable charge distances of 3", 4" and 6" respectively. 

Ahh i see now. Very aggressive. Her -1 to hit aura is nuts like plus if she casts Dread on shooty units too

Archived