New Aelves

I get the feeling Mistweaver is gonna be the new High Elves, not Malerions forces. She looks like a High Elf to me. The rumour is she is part of the new “Atlantis Aelves, maybe the new rumour mill is one of their vehicles. A nautilus theme for the army.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

I know you're using that as an example, but what are the odds that is what's actually happening? With Gotrek coming back, having undergone some sort of apotheosis and Morathi trying for godhood, could we be seeing a new set of gods or demi-gods form in the Mortal Realms?

Hehe, I was really hoping no-one would pick me up on that!  ;)

It would be an interesting and structured way to bring some of the old heroes back. Setra becomes the Last God of Khemri; Greasus becomes the Prophet of the Maw; the Araknarok Spider becomes an aspect of GorkaMorka (something like this last one was mentioned in Spear of Shadows).

I do get the feeling that we're seeing a plethora of local and demi gods, in fiction even if it doesn't happen in the game.

1 minute ago, Dorimant said:

Hehe, I was really hoping no-one would pick me up on that!  ;)

It would be an interesting and structured way to bring some of the old heroes back. Setra becomes the Last God of Khemri; Greasus becomes the Prophet of the Maw; the Araknarok Spider becomes an aspect of GorkaMorka (something like this last one was mentioned in Spear of Shadows).

I do get the feeling that we're seeing a plethora of local and demi gods, in fiction even if it doesn't happen in the game.

Yeah I think "some" is an important word here. I doubt we'll see ToK return to AoS ever, honestly. A lot of the new ranges coming out are created with new words and new aesthetics to allow for copyrighting. Bringing back Tomb Kings would be so much harder than to create a new Death Faction, which I strongly believe they are working on, that can be their own creation and not this 'taken from history'- kind of deal such as Tomb Kings and Bretonnia. I think its for the same reasons they are not bringing back "Dark Elves," or "High Elves," but creating new factions out of very small parts of their current forces or, if the Sea Aelf rumor is true, a totally new spinoff.

I may be wrong here, but I think some characters are brought back because they breathe new life into the Lore of Age of Sigmar that was going down hill for a while when the hard core feature was just Stormcast vs Chaos. Branching out from this makes for more substories that can create a bigger picture, just like they do in Malign Portents, which I find awesome. Secondly, I think it has to do with bringing large scale models to peoples armies. It seems like most characters that are coming out, Archaon, Alariel, Morathi, Gordrakk, Nagash, etc are all massive monsters or riding such to bring epic destruction to our battles we play.

So I think we'll see a few characters coming back, but also a few new ones, or at least I hope so, that we get to know from fresh!

As to address the demi-god aspect, I believe the reason they brought Morathi back, not as a God, but as an aspiring such is because it adds such an amazing dramatic setting to her faction. I mean, it's fantastic that she is so Machiavellian that she lies to her own kin that Khaine is still alive, despite the fact that he is dead, to further her own goals and aspiration. How F-ing awesome is that? I can't wait to read that battletome to find out more!:x

Classical Heroes were all demigods. 

From Achilles to Heracles, they all had a spark of divinity. 

You have Gods walking in the realms, so I don't think demi gods are out of the ordinary.

And I share the opinion that the new sea aelfs are not related to Malerion, teclis or tyrion, but a new power altogether.

27 minutes ago, Sete said:

Classical Heroes were all demigods. 

From Achilles to Heracles, they all had a spark of divinity. 

You have Gods walking in the realms, so I don't think demi gods are out of the ordinary.

And I share the opinion that the new sea aelfs are not related to Malerion, teclis or tyrion, but a new power altogether.

Archaon and Morathi are directly refered to as demigods, and Gordrakk is all but a demigod too (almost magical origins, mythical weapons, etc.) 

I originally thought Teclis wasn't a god proper (as each Realms only got one protector assigned by Sigmar's pantheon), but apparently as both ex-Incarnate of magic (unlike Morathi) they will be both gods, and probably a combined model.

I am really glad Khaine isn't being reborn : it would have been a kind of End Times retcon, which is bad given there importance to the new setting (well there is a few retcons actually, like Gutrot Spume back story, but the death of the old gods pantheon was a major part of the WFB-ET-AOS transition IMO).

What I then don't understand is the bringing back of Mathlann/Mannan.... But we'll learn soon I guess, bring it on !

PS : I read that the Mistweaver Saih will belong to the Sea Aelves faction. Malerion should have been there too... And the Tenebreal with Morathi.

My guess: Malerion “mostly” keeping to himself indicates something different, maybe not even aelvenkin, to him. Something like pure shadow beings (maybe alongside some reforged aelves).

Tyrion and Teclis might be one or two different factions. That are stated to be interested mostly in forging new aelves and re-shaping an aelven empire, so I guess they will be reimagined heroic elves like HE used to be. But certainly not HE models. As with anything AoS, they will take the light elves idea to the extreme.

Maybe sea aelves won’t be aligned to any of the above like Temoulon claims. Still weird as it fits with Malerion and him being hidden underwater. Will have to see.

4 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

I get the feeling Mistweaver is gonna be the new High Elves, not Malerions forces. She looks like a High Elf to me. The rumour is she is part of the new “Atlantis Aelves, maybe the new rumour mill is one of their vehicles. A nautilus theme for the army.

I'm pretty sure that the Mistweaver is from Ulgu (atleast according to the Silver Tower book) so that she should be part of Tyrions Army is highly unlikely. Maybe she is part of the Atlantis Aelves as we don't know there "homebase" location or part of Malarions forces. 

I would love to see for Tyrion Aelves an update of the more classical approach akin the old High Elves. For the rest I think it's great how DoK looks like, I am super excited to see how the Sea Aelves rumour pans out and can't wait for how Malerion Aelves will look like. :D 

Now if after the rumoured Sea Aelves we hopefully will see either a Darkoath faction, new Undead faction or Grots faction 2018 will be fantastic for AoS.

4 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I would love to see for Tyrion Aelves an update of the more classical approach akin the old High Elves. For the rest I think it's great how DoK looks like, I am super excited to see how the Sea Aelves rumour pans out and can't wait for how Malerion Aelves will look like. :D 

Now if after the rumoured Sea Aelves we hopefully will see either a Darkoath faction, new Undead faction or Grots faction 2018 will be fantastic for AoS.

Would love a darkoath faction release. Very excited for AOS releases at the minute

4 hours ago, Thorize said:

I'm pretty sure that the Mistweaver is from Ulgu (atleast according to the Silver Tower book) so that she should be part of Tyrions Army is highly unlikely. Maybe she is part of the Atlantis Aelves as we don't know there "homebase" location or part of Malarions forces. 

It was mentioned in the rumours that she was with the Atlantis elves.

6 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

If they won't change, because it's quite probable plus the current elves live in Azyr, not in Hysh. I guess, Hysh elves will be quite different.

The Spire of Dawn was in Hysh (the Realm of Light) but I do expect Tyrion's armies to be something more than spireguard.

So the aelven gods Facebook post is ordered Alarielle-Morathi-T&T-Malerion. We all thought Malerion would come first, but maybe this does indicate that T&T aligned aelfs will be released first.

I know, we already have hints on Malerion and the Shadowkin and even a picture of him. T&T do not even have their new appearance shown as of now. 

But then, the text on that poster states that they forge new aelven factions, in plural. 

Next piece of the puzzle: sea aelves are said not to be aligned with Malerion or T&T. But the leaker (Temoulon) has not read much about them. 

My guess: they are one of the new factions forged by T&T; thus released before the Shadowkin but will not be released along T&T. Specially charged with hidding whatever it is they are hiding (Slaanesh or something else; more likely the latter).

Guy who broke the news about Sea Elves precisely said that Sea Elves are following Manthlan and there is a lot of him in the book ( no T&T or Malerion) another guy on 4dchan also said they are not connected to T&T or Malerion and there is a reason why Sea Elves were in hiding so far. 

That Guy is gone for good. He put out to much roumors, and as the internet goes he was all over the place, getting him in trouble:

*BAD WORD DELETED*, this is why I didn’t want to say anything.

I like ATT, and I love T’au, so I’m sharing things with you as a form of excitement. I don’t want that *BAD WORD DELETED!* all over the internet. I guess I’m out.

Aaaaand, that’s it, people from my community have noticed. I’m screwed.

Archived