Can I see your wight king standard bearers?

Trav

wilhelm02.JPG.65c1ced75a52dae09b04704ea135bd34.JPG

Here's mine.  Picture taken before I started repainting it, so it's rather out of date, but the conversion's there.  LotR Barrow Wight plus some brass wire and empire general/bsb bits.

Probably the best/easiest basis for a wight king BSB conversion these days is the leader out of the shardspire skeleton box.  Just clip off the head of their spear and affix your preferred banner top.

I happen to be working on on of these. 

Body is The Warden (from shadespire) we had a spare set because my wife needed the cards for her stormcast. Head, swords and banner fabric are from skeleton warriors. Banner top is left over from assembling coven throne.

1771b157-3655-4a2f-acff-0e1954b66d9a.jpg

Nice ideas here!

I'm thinking about using The Warden from Shadespire and just adding any random banner to the spear. However, this model seem to fit for a Wight King with a blade, but what if I'd rather want to equip him with a double axe? What do you think the best alternatives are?

Btw, what's the correct round base size you are using for the Wight King?

2 hours ago, ogmaadn said:

Nice ideas here!

I'm thinking about using The Warden from Shadespire and just adding any random banner to the spear. However, this model seem to fit for a Wight King with a blade, but what if I'd rather want to equip him with a double axe? What do you think the best alternatives are?

Btw, what's the correct round base size you are using for the Wight King?

for foot heroes I use a 32mm one.

Thank you @deynon

I was looking at the Warden model from Shadespire and I've seen it looks pretty much like a standard-sized skeleton on a 25mm base. Is this correct? If so, I guess I can just rebase him to a 32mm round base, but what about the model size itself? Since the Warden looks like a standard skeleton and not a Wight King, is it allowed to use him as a Wight King anyway?

I put this guy together recently.

Body is the chaos sorcerer lord.

Banner is from the chaos warriors sprue.

Head and sword hand from the grave guard kit.

Banner head from the corpse cart.

Can't remember were the chain mail on the waist is from.

IMG_2396.jpg

12 minutes ago, ogmaadn said:

Thank you @deynon

I was looking at the Warden model from Shadespire and I've seen it looks pretty much like a standard-sized skeleton on a 25mm base. Is this correct? If so, I guess I can just rebase him to a 32mm round base, but what about the model size itself? Since the Warden looks like a standard skeleton and not a Wight King, is it allowed to use him as a Wight King anyway?

there are not official changes about the size of bases for the models. So till now all the wight king ones have a 20mm square base or a 25mm round one. Using a 32mm it's perfectly possible.

The base is not about the size of the model itself.

Using a 25 or a 32mm one you gain some advantages and disadvanrages.

You can use that model withou any problem. Maybe it would be better to personalize it a bit, but it's diatinguishible from the other models, so no problem on the field about it.

14 minutes ago, ogmaadn said:

Thank you @deynon

Most people would be fine with you using the Warden as a Wight King with the conversion above.  The Warden is different enough for somebody not to confuse them with a skeleton.  The key bit is to change the shield arm to a sword and I'd say to do something to the head (ideally they need a crown).  You could also easily remove the tombstone under the foot to just change it up a bit more

2 minutes ago, deynon said:

there are not official changes about the size of bases for the models. So till now all the wight king ones have a 20mm square base or a 25mm round one. Using a 32mm it's perfectly possible.

The base is not about the size of the model itself.

Using a 25 or a 32mm one you gain some advantages and disadvanrages.

You can use that model withou any problem. Maybe it would be better to personalize it a bit, but it's diatinguishible from the other models, so no problem on the field about it.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battleforce-Blade-Of-The-Blood-Queen-2017  Looking at the Battleforce released around Christmas, it would appear that he's on a 32mm.  Interestingly the Grave Guard look like they're on 32's too although that's an optical illusion according to the box contents :D

6 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battleforce-Blade-Of-The-Blood-Queen-2017  Looking at the Battleforce released around Christmas, it would appear that he's on a 32mm.  Interestingly the Grave Guard look like they're on 32's too although that's an optical illusion according to the box contents :D

the problem it's not the only model avalaible. Sincerly for foot characters I prefer a 32mm, but there is not , for now, a real rule about it^^

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Yes, that's why I was asking since I saw on the battleforce that he is provided with a 32mm base, and the skeletons for Shadespire come with 25mm bases if I'm not mistaken, so I'll have to rebase it.

Otherwise my idea was to just use warden's spear as a banner, but I'll try to replace his standard head with a more appealing one as well, and also replacing the shield with a sword (however I'm not used to do conversions so I hope it doesn't take too difficult to remove and replace this).

8 hours ago, ogmaadn said:

Yes, that's why I was asking since I saw on the battleforce that he is provided with a 32mm base, and the skeletons for Shadespire come with 25mm bases if I'm not mistaken, so I'll have to rebase it.

Otherwise my idea was to just use warden's spear as a banner, but I'll try to replace his standard head with a more appealing one as well, and also replacing the shield with a sword (however I'm not used to do conversions so I hope it doesn't take too difficult to remove and replace this).

Its pretty easy if you take it slow

Archived