Malign Portents

Will Myers

6 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I hoped lizards could come back to life, and now it's TRUE!!!

at least it'll make their new battletome full of substance when it comes out - as one of the first battletomes I always got the feeling in the development studio it was a bit... "er guys... what do I say?"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this one, Chaos being all Chaosy (needs more mutation though) and I really like how the common Skeleton hordes and elite of the Deathrattlewhere put into contrast with each other. I particularly like how the Wights where dressed up all snazz and shine, as suits remnants from the age of Myth. Gives me some hope we might get away from the "all of Death runs with rotten decayed equipment" GW so seems to love eventually.

54 minutes ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

Khorne looks really pissed off... Lots of skulls, but not enough blood... kkkkk

Dunno, I think the Bloodbound offered up plenty of blood in this one :D

my money is still on the knight of shrouds character being one of these ex-stormcast.  We're told that they are individuals who have betrayed or been cowardly but as we've found out, these tales are written from a perspective, so in Nagash's eyes they are cowardly betrayers, as their souls should have gone back to him.  We'll see, I'm really looking forward to them getting fleshed out - maybe in the nighthaunts book or whatever it is that's coming next.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

my money is still on the knight of shrouds character being one of these ex-stormcast.  We're told that they are individuals who have betrayed or been cowardly but as we've found out, these tales are written from a perspective, so in Nagash's eyes they are cowardly betrayers, as their souls should have gone back to him.  We'll see, I'm really looking forward to them getting fleshed out - maybe in the nighthaunts book or whatever it is that's coming next.

The knight of shrouds is not an ex-stormcast going by the malign portent entry in the supplement. Knights of shrouds are denied a place in sigmar's heavenly host or being claimed by chaos. They are humans that have betrayed a cause to serve nagash. 

They are humans. 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

The knight of shrouds is not an ex-stormcast going by the malign portent entry in the supplement. Knights of shrouds are denied a place in sigmar's heavenly host or being claimed by chaos. They are humans that have betrayed a cause to serve nagash. 

They are humans. 

So are Stormcast if you want to be pedantic.

4 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

So are Stormcast if you want to be pedantic.

Yeah but all entries in the timeline section of malign portents has them as humans, one used to be a king with a gauntlet. Keldrek was also a normal human. I suspect those who refuse to become stormcast might also become knights of shrouds because Josh reynolds has said we will find out what happens to someone who refuses sigmar to undergo the reforging. 

Those who also accept a calling from the knights of shrouds or an emissary of nagash are also denied the right to become stormcast by the mark of nekroscene. (hoped I spelt it right)

Be it as it may, I think these four things are almost certain to happen:

-New Nighthaunt (or completely new spectral faction) whose central theme is manipulation of stormcast souls. 

-Knight of Shrouds is part of that faction

-Their entrance opens a new age in the Age of Sigmar, followed with Sacro-sanct or Ruination opened to counter them. Lord Ordinator part of them.

-Since Knight of Shrouds and Ordinator DID point to next death and SCE released factions, Darkoath and Moonclan seem to be a thing. Timing (2019? 2020?) is the only question.

Which shows how AoS has already years if not decades of released planned. Just to name the thing that are certainly coming at some point:

-Lightkin

-Shadowkin

-Moonclan

-Darkoath

-Sacronsanct

-New Nighthaunt

-Ruination

-KO and FS expansion (hinted several times by GW).

And then you have things like Skygrots, Malerion's shadow failures (the Malerion equivalent of Idoneth talked about in the DoK book), Grugni's direct faction, Freepeoples, Devoted of Sigmar, etc., that have some hints at development but are less certain. 

4 hours ago, Turgol said:

(....)

Which shows how AoS has already years if not decades of released planned. Just to name the thing that are certainly coming at some point:

(...)

Well ! I agree 100% with what you said here but we should maybe discuss it in the News thread.

I'll just say that at launch (2015), Lady Atia reported Jervis Johnson saying they'll had like already 5 years planned. 

In the AOS main book, you had hints for Fyreslayers, Ironjawzs, Sylvaneth, Silver Tower (!), Teclis, Tyrion, Malerion, Archaon, Kharadron and Daughter of Khaine / Aelves of Malerion! Now I cannot find armies evoked in the book that aren't out - except Slaanesh but we know s/he isn't far away now. 

Today's MP story gives also credit to the Nighhaunt rumor, BTW ! Exciting time ahead ! 

https://malignportents.com/story/lightning-in-a-bottle/

On 3/17/2018 at 6:25 AM, shinros said:

Well they go native with time. Plus they live in cities

20108367_1822205954692677_31396769863479

AoSFreerCities_Details2hcs.jpg

Neat, I hadn't seen that before. Up to this point I had basically seen the Seraphon "dreamed in to existence" lore as a way to keep a relatively new model line on the shelf, but not really have to fit it into a new setting. Maybe there's hope for Lizardmen to live on in the Realms.

Damn, that's a good one. Good portrayal of Malerion and Morathi, says a lot about their relationship in a short space. A lot of implications too!

- ‘He still thinks the Gladitorium a fine and noble tribute, not realising its true purpose. Besides, the sight of his gilded cretins slaughtering one another is a little gift to myself that will never tarnish.’ That's... a thing.

- 'The Luminous One has no love for Sigmar. Not since that barbarian fool wasted Teclis’ kingly gift on his own short-sighted agenda'. Also a Thing.

I wonder what was Teclis gift :P

Malekith was always like that, I love how they changed him in ET and I like his character now much more then before. 

So it confirms that Elves in AoS are more like Eldar in Wh40k all about themselves which I actually love. Would love to read more fluff about them. 

Archived