AoS Wish For 2018

Mr. White

2 hours ago, Infeston said:

I don't like the ideas that all of the old factions should eventually be removed. And I hope that this isn't the direction GW is aiming for. The possibility to still play my old army is what pulled me and a lot of other friends back into Warhammer (AoS). Before I wasn't interested in buying a whole new army and I also didn't like the Stormcast and Khorne units aesthetic-wise. 

If there wouldn't have been a possibility to play my old army, I propably wouldn't have gotten back to playing Warhammer. So I am very strongly against flushing down all the old factions. I also think that not everyone has enough money to buy an entire new army, because their old army was removed.

I would also embrace a redesign of old factions with new models. As Ironjawz were released everyone talked about a new Black Ork faction. So the Ironjawz weren't necessarily a completely new faction but a faction which was inspired by old models (Black Orks). So I hope that GW will still create unique factions, but also reimagine old factions.

I don't think there's going to be a hard and fast rule on what happens to the older factions.  Some are certainly gone and being seen less and less on the table top (Bretonians for example), I'm sure some others will also follow a similar fate at some point - anything you can't currently purchase is at risk of this.  They're still playable, but don't have the efficiency of the newer factions. 

Some are going to be re-imagined such as Flesh Eater Courts have been - a new twist on the old faction.  Some will be updated but taken in a new direction, which is what I feel happened to Sylvaneth.  Others will be completely updated or changed in the way they've come up with a new linage of Duardin in the Kharadron.

Of course the other route is that the community adopts factions and gives them a new lease of life.  Tyler did this with the Tomb Kings although the model kits are no longer available so we're seeing less Tomb Kings armies on the table anyway.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I don't think there's going to be a hard and fast rule on what happens to the older factions.  Some are certainly gone and being seen less and less on the table top (Bretonians for example), I'm sure some others will also follow a similar fate at some point - anything you can't currently purchase is at risk of this.  They're still playable, but don't have the efficiency of the newer factions. 

Some are going to be re-imagined such as Flesh Eater Courts have been - a new twist on the old faction.  Some will be updated but taken in a new direction, which is what I feel happened to Sylvaneth.  Others will be completely updated or changed in the way they've come up with a new linage of Duardin in the Kharadron.

Of course the other route is that the community adopts factions and gives them a new lease of life.  Tyler did this with the Tomb Kings although the model kits are no longer available so we're seeing less Tomb Kings armies on the table anyway.

I legit love the reimagining of the Flesh Eater Courts, such a cool evolution and hope more factions get this treatment.

For me, it wasn't "using my old models", as I didn't have any miniatures when AoS was born.

Even with a clean slate, I simply just preferred the aesthetic of disciplined Dark Elves (i.e. Darkling Covens) more than any new archetype released so far. Therefore, the army wasn't really any "cheaper" an option than just buying an army of Stormcast, Sylvaneth, Ironjawz, (etc.).

Even my two aborted armies (Slaanesh and Scourge Privateers) are comprised of older WHFB models.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

I wish for a new destruction fsctdestruction faction in time for the London grand tournament  in May. I'm going to the doubles event and it would be amazing if there was say new Moonclan models in time!

I too shall be destroying things with goblins at the london gt B|

7 battletomes. 3 death: skeleton based, spirit based and the freshly dead. 2  destruction:  grot pirates and moonclan. 1 chaos: slaanesh barbarians 1 order: Aelves.

This should help balance out the grand Alliances a bit. 2 in a row to start and then one every other month for the rest of the year. 

Also several more warhammer underworlds factions.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

7 battletomes. 3 death: skeleton based, spirit based and the freshly dead. 2  destruction:  grot pirates and moonclan. 1 chaos: slaanesh barbarians 1 order: Aelves.

This should help balance out the grand Alliances a bit. 2 in a row to start and then one every other month for the rest of the year. 

Also several more warhammer underworlds factions.

Freshly dead xD

The books etc seem to focus more on spiderfang than moonclan so i hope and suspect they'll get the attention. Plus the pirate grots obviously. 

6 hours ago, Sheriff said:

The books etc seem to focus more on spiderfang than moonclan so i hope and suspect they'll get the attention.

In fact they should have long ago, and this is precisely what I have written during GW survey on their wh-community website - more attention to those who stay in AoS and already has a place in it like the Spidefangs. They got attention in the Everchosen tome and "Gobdeasts" campaign book - and still nothing. 

1 hour ago, MrZakalwe said:

I want them to combine some of the minifactions into blocks and given them shared keywords and synergies making more of the miniature range usable.

That and a rules update.

I can't remember the source but i do recall GW saying the plan was to have loads more allegiance choices in the future, so this should solve this ... at some point. 

e.g. you could pick allegiance from not just your (ludicrously small) micro-faction, but also your racial group, some other lore-based combo of factions, and then your grand alliance. Something like that. Wouldn't get your hopes up though! 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Sheriff said:

I can't remember the source but i do recall GW saying the plan was to have loads more allegiance choices in the future, so this should solve this ... at some point. 

e.g. you could pick allegiance from not just your (ludicrously small) micro-faction, but also your racial group, some other lore-based combo of factions, and then your grand alliance. Something like that. Wouldn't get your hopes up though! 

That's the thing; although that sounds great I'm really not getting my hopes up.

It also wouldn't fix the keyword problem; most abilities and buffs only work on a really small group of units and without fixing that it wouldn't be much different from running Grand Alliance.

What I want:

Free Peoples book and models.

Dispossessed book.

Racial books for aelfs, skaven, and duraurdin. 

Single models for older factions.

Some here dislike the old models, but remember that they get players into the game. Gateway games like Total War Warhammer doesnt work if no model lines match.

I now have a KO army because of my other armies. My newest is a skaven army.

I want to see GW keep supporting these armies and give me new ones.

Dear Santa GW,

here's a list what I would like to see in 2018:

Two completely new armies, one for death and one for destruction (like the KO), or at least some new models for existing death/desctruction armies with a extended background (like the Sylvaneth).

More battletomes for existing armies with a new background added (like FEC and BCR).

Anything Skaven!!! :D

15 hours ago, Seraphage said:

I m a simple man.

Change the Seraphon’s Salamander model. 

Seriously, how did they even publish it in the first place ? :P

I raise you Bat Swarms, Fells Bats, Furies and Night Runners. All dreadful.

Razorgors and Black Coach both have a "so bad they are good" cult appeal, much like Clown Face Nagash.

Did Harpies finally bite the dust during the great cull? They were craptastic too.

I just want the points cost for 30 Vulkite Berserkers to go back up to 480 points where it belongs.

Games against those all vulkite Fyreslayers lists are sooooo boring and watching dragons and greater demons bouncing off tiny naked dwarfs and then getting slaughtered just hurts my soul. That is if they haven't already been killed by their mortal wound output shields and 60 throwing axes!

Not to mention runes that give their tiny little pick axe things 2 damage or more rend than Archaon's slayer of kings...

yeah sure they are a 330 point battleline unit.

Hey I just had a nerd rage! I think its my first one one! woo hoo :D now I feel like i'm a proper internets person :D

9 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I raise you Bat Swarms, Fells Bats, Furies and Night Runners. All dreadful.

Razorgors and Black Coach both have a "so bad they are good" cult appeal, much like Clown Face Nagash.

Did Harpies finally bite the dust during the great cull? They were craptastic too.

Ahahaha good raise, I 'll take it - specially the bats. 

*I do like Nagash though :P

• 5 months later...

Today I went to an exposition on Asian ****** and ghosts http://www.quaibranly.fr/en/exhibitions-and-events/at-the-museum/exhibitions/event-details/e/enfers-et-fantomes-dasie-37727/

I came out with the idea of a Death faction around haunted terrain and objectives (ghosts / yokai revealed when enemy close to it) and a sort of bureaucratic mechanic / spell lore to judge the opponent units.

49 minutes ago, AlvinAOS said:

Please do something like new rules of fighting between flying units and melee (non flying units)

A melee unit can hit a KO air ship with melee weapons...i cant understand. 

To be fair, that's part of why the original rules state that you're supposed to measure model-to-model. Models that fly are so high up that shorter models (e.g., Grots) can't reach them with their melee weapons. That aspect of combat got lost when (seemingly) everybody decided that base-to-base was the only way to measure. It makes a lot of things easier, but sometimes eliminates logic.

Archived