Chris Tomlin

Events UK: BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - Event scoring info & Timetable (pg4)

111 posts in this topic

Event Title: BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - Event scoring info & Timetable (pg4)
Event Author: Chris Tomlin
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 09/02/2017 12:00 AM to 09/03/2017 12:00 AM

Hey guys,

With the events calendar filling up so quickly I wanted to pencil in my second two day event for later in the year; the return of BLACKOUT (I figured I probably should build a bit of brand as opposed to confusing people by renaming my events each time!).

**07/08/17 Update**

This event will be played under The General's Handbook 2017!! Please see last post page 3 for more information. A full pack is to follow next week. There will also be a Skirmish event on the Friday.

**05/04/17 Update**

Tickets go on sale Saturday 8th April at 8pm GMT - £40 as PayPal (friends and family) to lunatic_pandora@btinternet.com (see below for more details)

So I'm pleased to be able to confirm the dates as 2nd & 3rd September 2017 and more exciting, the venue;

Firestorm Games, Cardiff

What's even better is I'll be able to offer a capacity of 100 players!

After the popularity of Tomorrow Burns in Weymouth, I figured it might be time to try my hand at a bigger event in a more easily accessible venue. As a massive fan of Cardiff events myself, this seemed an easy decision, made easier thanks to some conversations with @Mo Ashraf. I was keen to not step on any toes here and FYI I do not consider this a replacement or successor to the phenomenal Clash of Swords events Mo has run over the last few years, it's just me bringing my event to a different location. Who knows what will happen in the future, but for 2017, me bringing a big AoS event to Cardiff in the latter part of the year is just a good fit for everyone.

I've also been in discussion with the Facehammer boys to ensure no clash with their Grand Tournament. There is a lot of talking behind the scenes between TO's to avoid clashes as much as possible to try and make it easier for you guys to attend multiple events. It's a testament to AoS and the strength of our scene that the calendar is being booked up almost right to the end of the year in January!!

So get some dates pencilled in your calendar, start looking at hotels because they do get expensive and/or sell out in Cardiff. I've given as much notice as possible to hopefully make it easy to get yourselves sorted in good time (yeh right!!). I'm unsure when tickets will go on sale at present, so keep an eye on this topic.

Chris

BLACKOUT - 02-03/09/17 - Firestorm Games - Event scoring info & Timetable (pg4)

Edited by Chris Tomlin
9 people like this

Entrants

1. Paul Buckler
2. Mike Burgess
3. Laurie Huggett-Wilde
4. Patrick O'Sullivan
5. Rob Noyes
6. Mo Ashraf
7. Matthew Croad 
8. William Morriss
9. Kane Holloway
10. Sam Davies
11. Russ Veal
12. Les Martin
13. Donal Taylor
14. Chris Lewis
15. Elliot O'Neill
16. Sam Pearson
17. James Eveleigh
18. Steve Phillips 
19. Ian Gilmore
20. Robert Sedgeman
21. Rob Perrin
22. Ben Diesel
23. Rob Ellis
24. Liam Cook
25. Jonathon Kyprianidis
26. Mike Wilson
27. Jon Warmington
28. Richard Ciereszko 
29. Terry Pike
30. Paul Whitehead
31. Luke Whitehead
32. Ben Johnson
33. Steve Hursell
34. Dave Avery
35. Owyn Abram
36. Josh Richards
37. Ben Richard
38. Tom Hutchings
39. Andy Talbot
40. Matt Arnold 
41. Nicholas Nunn 
42. Simon Eccles
43. Pete Allison
44. Chris Allison
45. Andrew Lewis
46. Joel Smith
47. Mark Saunders
48. Steve Smith
49. John Greene
50. James Hayday
51. William Crankshaw
52. Daniel Ford
53. Matthew Lyons
54. Jenny Lyons
55. Kieran Harper
56. David Brown
57. Ed Hamon
58. Jack McQuiggin
59. Hugh Halligan
60. Mike Parker
61. Jan Proudley
62. Joe Purcell
63. Michael Vernon
64. Paul Marshallsay
65. Matthew Sheret
66. Chris Thursten
67. Andrew Mackay
68. Danny Cashman
69. Marc Brookes
70. Stewart Callander
71. Nicholas Ruesink-Brown
72. Alex Clark
73. Mark Wildman
74. Benjamin Savva
75. Tom Lambert
76. Rob Bradley
77. Ian Ralph
78. Adrian Downey
79. Ricky Mee
80. James Boots
81. Carl Smith

Grudges 

1. Donal Taylor vs Sam Davies
2. Paul Buckler vs Chris Lewis
3. Liam Cook vs Andy Talbot
4. Matt Lyons vs Les Martin
5. Matt Arnold vs Steve Phillips
6. Simon Eccles vs Ben Johnson

• 2nd and 3rd September 2017
  • 100 players
  • Firestorm Games

B|

1 person likes this

https://media.giphy.com/media/13LMtLsis4TAwE/giphy.gif

Looks like I need a trip down to Cardiff!

2 people like this

Reserved for entrants

Can you edit this post to

"Entrants List

1. Aaron Bailey"

Please.

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots
2 people like this

Looks like you should have the pleasure of both me and my brother for this one once booking opens :D  Probably head back to on the train overnight though as it works out cheaper!

Guess we're looking at 2k?

100% going to this! Can't wait, Chris!

Edited by bottle

Can you put me down for this , Daniel Ford

OK just read the words 'in cardiff' 

Im there! cant wait

Total newbie to the forum, but given that I work at Firestorm, I've no excuse for missing out on this!

1 person likes this

Count me in Chris. Just got the ok from the wife. Today is a good day! ??

1 person likes this

Looks like i will actually be able to go. Me and the Mrs-to-be are planning a road trip honeymoon, so it just so happens we will be in Cardiff this weekend. Can't believe she is ok with this! Count me in! 

1 person likes this

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, N_Watson said:

Looks like i will actually be able to go. Me and the Mrs-to-be are planning a road trip honeymoon, so it just so happens we will be in Cardiff this weekend. Can't believe she is ok with this! Count me in! 

No way! That's awesome man. Great news, you've got a keeper there!!

Tickets will go on sale this Saturday. Details to follow.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Afternoon all,

Tickets for BLACKOUT will go on sale this Saturday, 8th April, at 8pm GMT. The cost is £40 which includes lunch on both days. Payment is to be made by PayPal as friends and family to lunatic_pandora@btinternet.com - There are 100 tickets available on a first come, first served basis. I have offered early access to some friends, local gamers and attendants of Tomorrow Burns. Tbh, I do not expect to sell 100 tickets. The idea is that everyone who wants to play, can...that said, the scene is pretty crazy right now, so don't miss out! ;) 

Please note that unlike my Weymouth events, there will not be commemorative glasses for entrants. I can't give too many more details on the event itself as present as of course The General's Handbook 2 will be out beforehand. Suffice to say it'll be 5 games of warhammer, most likely with soft scores and in general a really fun time! Dependant on how Shadespire pans out, I like the idea of running that on the Friday evening. I may also have a word with @bottle about running a Hinterlands event on Friday evening. All that needs to be hashed out though. We'll see.

If you are away at Heat 2 this week and are concerned, send me a tweet or text and I'm happy for you to pay early.

I also appreciate that these go on sale very close to the Facehammer GT tickets which is not ideal. Unfortunately I cannot afford to wait until May, this is mostly due to Cardiff hotels which are already very pricey for this weekend (so I really would advise against waiting...note to self; book a hotel!).

That said, I certainly don't want to impact anyone buying a Facehammer GT ticket, I want to see both events filled out nicely as they're gonna be great (me and the Facehammer boys made sure the events were as spaced apart as possible to encourage as many of you to come to both as possible). So if you're really struggling please get in touch and we can try to work something out.

Cheers,
Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
1 person likes this

Hotel booked and tickets paid for - looking forward to this! Only the three SWAG boys there to hand out points to everyone we meet though which is a shame.

1 person likes this

How quickly are tickets likely to sell out? I'm really keen to go but will struggle to find the cash before the end of the month.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great support so far. Sold 57 tickets on the first evening which was fantastic. Had a couple more come in over the weekend. I will post a full list of entrants later this evening.

I have had plenty more interest (including loads of my mates who still haven't signed up...cheers boys!!) so am confident/hopeful of this hitting the 70 mark which would be brilliant.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, Jamie the Jasper said:

How quickly are tickets likely to sell out? I'm really keen to go but will struggle to find the cash before the end of the month.

I think you'll be fine to wait until the end of the month mate. If there is a sudden rush then get in touch and we'll sort something out.

Thanks
Chris

2 people like this

Morning,

Second post in the thread updated to include entrants. 60 of you so far with more to come I feel. 

Also have the first grudge already - @Donal & @TDK!!

Chris

2 people like this

Morning,

I'll update the entrants later on as we've had a few more payments trickle in.

Signing up now. Have I missed a pack or is that not up yet?

No pack as of yet.

I'll get a basic structure up this month, however won't be able to go too much into specifics re the gaming side until we know more about GH2.

Will definitely update entrants this week as well.
Hopefully we'll have a few more payments this week as we've just gone past payday.

Entrants updated. Up to a respectable 67 already!

@Paul Buckler & @Binx - Did I see you grudged? I've added it to the post, let me know if incorrect.

Cheers,
Chris

1 person likes this