Jump to content

Sneak Peek at The Generals Handbook II....


Gaz Taylor

Recommended Posts

No idea if anybody has seen this yet, but here is an interesting article on the Warhammer Community site....

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/07/the-generals-handbook-ii-wip-points-sneak-peek/

What I love about this is how GW are listening to players but not doing kneejerk reactions to things. Now if we can all start asking about Duardin ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

How lovely!

Are Fyreslayers going to be in SWARMS now?

Good chance but I think we may see more Runesmiters and Runeguard popping up in Order armies!

 

3 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

Tombkings finally being fixed for matched play, hurray!

Yup. I'm waiting for the tears of pain from some players but those costs seem to be right for those units ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So from this alone, we can infer that Tomb Kings are not losing their points, but that doesn't mean anything for other Compendium armies. Given the surge in popularity and now listing them under "Grand Alliance Death", I wonder if that means something...

Either way, looking good. Glad to see this, I wonder what the release timetable looks like.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I'm intrigued, did the fyreslayers units always come in 5's? Just wondering if we will see a reduction in min./ size coming to others is all. Praying for a Kairic points drop, come on GW...

Yeah they've always been 5's. We also know of some changes due to the repackage of some of the Stormcast stuff. I don't think we will see much else in unit sizes (apart from new stuff) due to how GW have already packaged things.

 

4 minutes ago, Requizen said:

So from this alone, we can infer that Tomb Kings are not losing their points, but that doesn't mean anything for other Compendium armies. Given the surge in popularity and now listing them under "Grand Alliance Death", I wonder if that means something...

Either way, looking good. Glad to see this, I wonder what the release timetable looks like.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
 

I think you see them listed under GA-Death as this is a sneak peek sheet for you to play around with the points. I don't think they will move outside of the Compendium section. Also I'm pleased with this as hopefully it will stop people saying the Compendium armies are going. GW are well within their rights to not do any further development with them (and even ban them) but they still want people to use their models. I'm not expecting much else to change in this area as most people seem to abuse the Tomb Kings ;) 

As for timetable, I'm expecting summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting. Good to see the compendium armies still being supported. Will be harder to justify the blacklisting of Tomb Kings and Bretonnians, although no doubt some TO's will still do so for vague ideological reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Interesting. Good to see the compendium armies still being supported. Will be harder to justify the blacklisting of Tomb Kings and Bretonnians, although no doubt some TO's will still do so for vague ideological reasons.

things arent just banned for no reason, and compendium stuff was banned likely for a good reason. 

the guys running it have done so for years, using rule packs of their own for years, played at high competitive levels for years, ran the largest tournament for years helped create the generals handbook and this one. 

i think they're in a better position than most to decide what and what not to ban.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Looks like compendium are still in. (and hopefully not all increased to deter people from fielding them...) Necrosphinx point increase is warranted, but still too low (speaking as a TK player)

 

I do like the Fyreslayers point decrease though.

 

25 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Interesting. Good to see the compendium armies still being supported. Will be harder to justify the blacklisting of Tomb Kings and Bretonnians, although no doubt some TO's will still do so for vague ideological reasons.

Tomb Kings are no longer compendium in this book.  It doesn't mean other compendium are gone, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

things arent just banned for no reason, and compendium stuff was banned likely for a good reason. 

the guys running it have done so for years, using rule packs of their own for years, played at high competitive levels for years, ran the largest tournament for years helped create the generals handbook and this one. 

i think they're in a better position than most to decide what and what not to ban.... 

Yeah, for sure, in most cases. But if you read between the lines you can tell that for some people there's an ideological element to it. A kind of 'let the past die, I choose to draw the imaginary line here' mentality, rather than anything to do with tournament mechanics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had game 91 solo Fyreslayers last night. Was actually going to ask to use the draft from our Fyreslayers FB group but instead worked with new player. This was such wonderful news to wake up to :) Now when I bring 1-2 Magmadroths it's more than a cool model which sucks but lets my opponent get the Fyreslayer experience and monster mash. Big change will be no instead of 3800 points-is of Fyreslayers I have a few hundred less xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where are people seeing TK are no longer Compendium? They have just grouped together some rules on a page titled experimental and bunched them together under 2 alliances making it an easier read and less titles.

Until the GHB2 is released we won't know whether Compendium is gone, renamed, etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Terry Pike said:

Tombkings finally being fixed for matched play, hurray!

Not that you will see any of these armies show up in competitive play any longer?  Settra at almost 60 points per wound?  Kraggi at 100 points for a 3 wound model? GTFO.  Unless there is an across the board increase, some of these point increases are crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Thomas Lyons said:

Not that you will see any of these armies show up in competitive play any longer?  Settra at almost 60 points per wound?  Kraggi at 100 points for a 3 wound model? GTFO.  Unless there is an across the board increase, some of these point increases are crazy.

Out of context these points do look high, but then we have no idea what the rest of the points will look like. Maybe all armies are being decreased in size?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Oppenheimer said:

Hope Bretts get their unit sizes fixed then.

Also they changed Heinrich but still no points for Krell? Hope that changes.

My bet is krell is getting a new model since they mention him in the grand alliance death book ruling the frozen over helspoint. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




×
×
  • Create New...