Lets talk about: Shadows Over Hammerhal

Turragor

2 hours ago, ZaelART said:

Quick question, is there anything in the ST box that isn't sold separately now?

The grot scuttlings and the familiars are not sold separately.  Everything else is.

On topic the are some weird discrepancies about the contents of the new box. One site says there is a slaughter priest, another that there are 10 blightkings. 

Hopefully warhammer community will put up a preview today or tomorrow.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How legit is this rumour? The contents for the enemies sounds highly suspect to me. 3 different enemies to fight? No dungeon crawler game I know of has so little variety of enemies to fight. Also the model count seems rather low. There doesn't seem to be the correct amount of dice either, 16, 4 for each hero, and what do the enemies roll with. I am not convinced this is real at the moment, of if it is, it's wrong. 

Personally I'm a little worried about the dungeon master role. I know it's been a concept forever in RPGs but I don't have the group of friends to play consistently, and being able to solo silver tower was good. Hopefully the enemies can be controlled by an engine like in silver tower and the dungeon master is merely a variant.

The one sort of silver lining for me about the DM-mode is the increased size of the Adventure book... it hints at their being a "Monster Compendium" or something of the sort. I really don't want another Imperial Assault or Descent... but I would totally be down for a more open-ended "RPG" experience where the DM themselves can create their own adventures etc... you know... like the old WHQ module. That could be really cool. 

I have a bunch of AoS models, so it would be amazing to be able to run people through various encounters and pull from the wealth of their entire catalog (or most of it).

We never see anything like that anymore. I'd be interested in a straight toolkit. That's much more exciting to me than, "Hey buddy! Here's a script and deck of cards. Go host your friend's dungeon crawl. Been there, done that 1000 times already."

Either way, I will miss co-op, but I am holding out the possibility for an RPG toolit versus "Another Descent".

WHQSoH-Unboxing4-Content.jpg

Also in the box are all the the other things you need to play: card board sections to represent the dungeons and streets of Hammerhal, plus dice, and cards galore.

So there you have it. The new game. You can pre-order yours this weekend, and find it in local stores from the 25th.

We’ll have loads more info on all the various aspects of the game through the whole of next week, right here on the Warhammer Community site.

Wow that's disappointing. I'm not bothered about existing models, just the sheer lack of variety, and the Chaos Sorcerer as the main bad guy? How unimaginative, I don't know anything about the story but surely a Daemon Prince would have made a much better boss. Would it have been so hard to add some Chaos Warriors, or Skaven Clanrats, or Bestigors as well for some extra variety, and to up the model count. I hope there are rules for more adversaries in there. I want to reserve judgement until I play it, but for £90 I might not even get a chance to,  I don't want to spend that much for a game with so little variety and models. It kind of feels like the AOS version of Execution Force.   

Unfortunately I don't live near any Games Workshops. Not to worry I have most of the models anyway, I can just buy the game part separately. I really hope there are rules for more adversaries, I even went to the length of creating rules for all the start collecting boxes, you can't imagine how disappointed I am that there only appears to be rules for 2 new adversaries. It just sounds like it's going to be tedious too, you enter a new room and dun dun duun ... Bloodreavers, Kairic Acolytes and Blightkings... again. For every mission too. Anyway I haven't seen more than the unboxing yet so I should withhold judgement until tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a play through video.  

if this had come with blightkings and some new Nurgle models...even if some were just new sculpts like a decent beast of Nurgle then I would be first in line to buy it....but with whats in it....I may get it at some point, but I am not in any hurry.

I was hoping they were going to do one for each chaos God then maybe a generic one last, I would have been ready to buy up each one.

6 hours ago, Rodiger said:

Unfortunately I don't live near any Games Workshops. Not to worry I have most of the models anyway, I can just buy the game part separately. I really hope there are rules for more adversaries, I even went to the length of creating rules for all the start collecting boxes, you can't imagine how disappointed I am that there only appears to be rules for 2 new adversaries. It just sounds like it's going to be tedious too, you enter a new room and dun dun duun ... Bloodreavers, Kairic Acolytes and Blightkings... again. For every mission too. Anyway I haven't seen more than the unboxing yet so I should withhold judgement until tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a play through video.  

You created rules for all start collecting boxes? Has any of these been tested? Is it possible to read those rules?

Cool. 

After each adventure, the heroes can spend time in the Cinderfall district of the city, visiting shops, resting and taking part in the various shadowy delights Hammerhal has to offer! Your characters level up and increase their skills as you play, and Warhammer Quest Shadows Over Hammerhal is completely compatible with the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower Hero Cards – any miniatures or rules you already own for that game can be used here.

4 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

You created rules for all start collecting boxes? Has any of these been tested? Is it possible to read those rules?

The rules are in the 'extra adversaries' thread, I re-uploaded them as the link had stopped working for some reason. I haven't play tested them, I don't have enough time to do that really or most of the models, please test them and tell me what you think, it's supposed to be a living document so changes can be made. They might be a better fit for Hammerhall.

Archived