Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

5 hours ago, Vomikron said:

I might be late to the part but I just realized that the Old World starts in 2276. In 2297 we have The Affair of the False Grail when Maldred of Mousillon attempts to take the throne. This would be an amazing campaign setting. How we would involve the other factions is for smarter men than I to figure out.

IIRC this is where the Vampires start to make their things in Bretonia, isn't it? @Tonhel has been very vocal about the return of Vampire Counts. This could be the ideal campaign for that.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IIRC this is where the Vampires start to make their things in Bretonia, isn't it? @Tonhel has been very vocal about the return of Vampire Counts. This could be the ideal campaign for that.

Not yet.
Quite some time after the fall of mousillon Vamps take over this city of Plague-Corpses iirc

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, imo, it will be very hard for GW to avoide Vampires in the TOW. But I guess it will at the earliest late 2025 / early 2026.

I also expect the appearance of halfling rules 😄 

But this is ofcourse all wishlisting form my side.

41 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Elisse also took a long time to be released. Maybe we even see the dawis before seeing him.

I suspect there might be an element of spacing out the fancier new releases so as to ensure there's some exciting stuff being released semi-regularly. Keep up momentum and all that. 

You don't want to end up like Legions Imperialis, where people keep forgetting you exist because you only get a release every couple of months or so.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 12:48 AM, Morglum StormBasha said:

Will have to buy the Wyvern and Giant always wanted those as a kid. Although I wish they’d also got the forgeworld remaster rather than coming out in metal 

Also planning to get both, but afraid for the prices. Hope they are no more than 65 € and 100 € each 😅

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ugh. Even with those prices... it hurts...

Yup, I wish they weren't a one and done made to order, and we're an ongoing thing where you order them and get them when they have capacity to cast them. The pressure to buy them now or miss them it's not fun.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

You don't want to end up like Legions Imperialis, where people keep forgetting you exist because you only get a release every couple of months or so.

Make no mistake : that will be the unavoidable fate of The Old World. People having wet dreams on a Vampire Count release in a couple of months are begging to be sorely disappointed.

59 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Make no mistake : that will be the unavoidable fate of The Old World.

Based on your previous posts, I can understand where this is coming from: you have been disappointed in the past and you feel an obligation to warn other people so that they will not experience the same negative feelings. However, personally, I think this sometimes veers into cynicism and does not allow space for more hopeful futures.

Again, I am not saying you're wrong, future might well prove you to be right (and the second part of your post surely feels realistic), but in the end you don't know. Here you write "unavoidable", so 100% probability. Maybe you can allow for, say 10% of chance it goes better? 5% chance that it goes way better?

In the end, while being "disappointed" is a negative, not allowing yourself to be happy in the present because of fear of disappointement is also a negative. If we had to formalise it, as long as the total amount of happiness someone draws from being presently excited about TOW is bigger than the future amount of sadness for its demise (multiplied for the likelihood thereof), being hyped is the rational choice.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 4/22/2024 at 2:41 PM, Sathrut said:

Yeah, there's nothing here that makes this mini 'out of place' in TOW/WHFB. It did make me chuckle that it's not 'AoS' enough, too much of the 'Dispossessed' aesthetic, so basically TOW/WHFB Dwarfs.

Personally I love the miniature, would love to add it to my Dwarf army but a shame it's a limited edition.

Him being a limited edition they could very well release a TOW version later. Always been different versions of Grombrindal, I'm hoping for more in the future. I plan on getting at least 2, one to build, one to convert..

Just now, silverstu said:

Him being a limited edition they could very well release a TOW version later. Always been different versions of Grombrindal, I'm hoping for more in the future. I plan on getting at least 2, one to build, one to convert..

Could even be that it was designed before TOW development changed its direction and it was not added to TOW for all this talk about separating the games, otherwise it would be weird. It even has Cursed City rules.

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

Make no mistake : that will be the unavoidable fate of The Old World. People having wet dreams on a Vampire Count release in a couple of months are begging to be sorely disappointed.

Lol. What a pessimist outlook. Imo it's very likely we will see Vampires in a couple of years. But not before late 2025 or 2026. 

It's certainly possible that TOW will fade away, but the opposite is also possible and currently more likely. There is nothing pointing in the direction you are predicting. Absolutly nothing. 🙂

The new stuff is sold out before release day and for the old stuff that is rereleased. Some sell well and some not. There are still some heavy hitters coming for TOW. High Elves, Warriors of Chaos and Empire.

We are atleast set for a great couple of years with TOW and if every releases does well than we certainly see an expansion in one way or another for Vampires, Daemons and etc... In what format I have no idea, but after three year a lot is possible.

Interest for TOW and even AoS is like waves. It goes up and down. Imo, we are in for a hell of a ride with TOW. 🙂 

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, it is not bad to try to warn people (like the BoC case), but IMO it is always better to have positive vibes as in the TOW case we had no leak or rumour confirming one way or the other.

It's always better to be positive about something hobby related. Otherwise it isn't a hobby anymore and than its better to find something else you enjoy. 🙂

• Like 1

There's a difference between being positive and hyping yourself to unreasonnable levels. I enjoy TOW right now and I'm positive about its current state, there's no problem about that, but I find no reason to be hyped on "hypothetical forever monthly TOW release" while GW has thoroughly and methodically proved that's not what they're doing with their "secundary games". See Horus Heresy, that had a lot more new miniatures than TOW at its release - and see how slow they get new releases now. That's why I may sound harsh on "rumors" and wishlisting here : because everytime when I leaned into them, they only lead to disappointment. So I stopped believing / following them. That's how I really enjoy what is already there, and I don't get disappointed when dwarves don't come in June. If you expect the worse / nothing, then you can only be pleased by what will be actually coming in their due time. ;) 

Edited by Sarouan

11 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

There's a difference between being positive and hyping yourself to unreasonnable levels. I enjoy TOW right now and I'm positive about its current state, there's no problem about that, but I find no reason to be hyped on "hypothetical forever monthly TOW release" while GW has thoroughly and methodically proved that's not what they're doing with their "secundary games". See Horus Heresy, that had a lot more new miniatures than TOW at its release - and see how slow they get new releases now. That's why I may sound harsh on "rumors" and wishlisting here : because everytime when I leaned into them, they only lead to disappointment. So I stopped believing / following them. That's how I really enjoy what is already there, and I don't get disappointed when dwarves don't come in June. If you expect the worse / nothing, then you can only be pleased by what will be actually coming in their due time. ;) 

A big par of the hobby for me is the rumours, leaks and copium, so I kind of understand those that want to enjoy that ride 😅 Also, if TOW reaches at some points the HH levels it would be the dream.