The Steam Tank wave 2 redesign rumour has been debunked. But I agree it's an iconic Warhammer miniature, it's gonna be in TOW 100% imo. 

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The last concrete thing with regard to the Steam Tank we got was the @Whitefang info that Ironweld stuff will not be in the new book. That seems pretty decisive and Whitefang has so far never been wrong.

Whitefang also heart reacted my comment on the rumour thread where I said I wouldn't be surprised to see some wacky tech in CoS. Maybe, current Ironweld kits get removed and replaced by new ones. Maybe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Probably all of the old Empire range will stay for The Old World. Not sure if the Steam Tank already exists at the point in time TOW is set, thought.

TOW is set specifically in a time when there were more Steam Tanks than during the time of Karl Franz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Isn't there also a strong rumour that 'copters are staying but moving to Dispossessed?

(Can't remember if this was from the 'Fang though)

Iirc it was from the last (confirmed to be fake by Whitefang) "leak".

Still hope that's what's happening to it 😛

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Based on current information here's what will probably survive from the current roster:

Whitefang:

Hide contents

image.png.c1a78fa840993d93520c5a43700bbf16.png

My speculation:

Hide contents

image.png.2f7f041d5e7733b153dea3a3c7c0b3c3.png

I'm a bit iffy on the dark aelf stuff, but we haven't really had anything on them so...

Cogsmith has been gone from the webstore (except in the SC) for quite a while now so I fear he may be removed ☹️

17 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Based on current information here's what will probably survive from the current roster:

Whitefang:

Hide contents

My speculation:

Hide contents

I'm a bit iffy on the dark aelf stuff, but we haven't really had anything on them so...

So far, I think that seems like a fair reduction of the Cities roster. Models being removed from a faction always sucks for at least a few people, but I don't think it's controversial that the Cities roster as it is now is too big and full of redundant roles that make the faction hard to get into for new players. I would also say that currently Cities does not have a strong playstyle identity beyond "toolbox". Freeguild, Dwarves and Dark Elves are a fun mix, though, as far as themes go.

My hope is that Wanderers players get a faction that better fits with the old Wood Elves. Maybe Kurnothi are the place for them to go. Wanderers have cool models, but I can honestly say that I can't remember ever seeing them in a list.

Phoenix Temple is only two kits, but they are were pretty big staples. I'm sure it will suck for a lot of people when they are removed. Kind of a puzzling decision to keep them around after all other high elves got squatted, to be honest.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Whitefang:

Reveal hidden contents

My speculation:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd wager that Hexbane's Hunters will find a home in the new Cities book too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tinniez said:

I'd wager that Hexbane's Hunters will find a home in the new Cities book too.

Yeah, Hexbane's Hunters and the Cursed City characters I forgot (despite having Hexbane's displayed prominently on a shelf in view 😛).

The Hunters will almost 100% be in the new BT, although the Cursed City heroes will probably stay in the booklet from the box/get rules in PDF form, unless they get a separate release kinda like the Necron Royal Court or SM Honoured of the Chapter (or get some separate sprues like the Blackstone Fortress Tech-Priest and Psyker and become generic heroes).

20 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Yeah, Hexbane's Hunters and the Cursed City characters I forgot (despite having Hexbane's displayed prominently on a shelf in view 😛).

The Hunters will almost 100% be in the new BT, although the Cursed City heroes will probably stay in the booklet from the box/get rules in PDF form, unless they get a separate release kinda like the Necron Royal Court or SM Honoured of the Chapter (or get some separate sprues like the Blackstone Fortress Tech-Priest and Psyker and become generic heroes).

Agreed! Fortunately, a bunch of the Cursed City heroes (especially Glaurio) would make decent proxies for something like a Freeguild Marshall - not that I'm going to eschew getting my hands on one of those pretty minis. 😍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I think the Cursed City heroes are already Legends content. They have points and warscrolls on the app, but are not part of the Cities of Sigmar warscroll list.

For the longest time I though they didn't make it out of 2nd edition at all. As far as I know, they have never received points in any of the books and pdfs (might be wrong, though).

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, Asbestress said:

Whitefang:

Hide contents

My speculation:

Hide contents

Personal theory is that they will remove units from Cities as long as they have a good replacement somewhere. Why play high elves and wood elves if you have Lumineth and Sylvaneth? Throw in the Old World as well since it seems like they really want that game to be where all the old models go.

Will have to see if this theory works, but will be very interesting to see how much dark elves and dwarf stuff carries over.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Have we had any reliable rumours or indications about the fate of current Flagellants?

Probably gonna get replaced. The kit is old, even if it's a treasure trove of bits. And with the dawnbringer crusades being a religious movement and we getting a whole preview about the different cults and doctrines of the sigmarite faith, I think a "flagellant 2.0" kit is highly likely. 

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Seems Duardin and Aelves are still present.

352623156.png

The article mentions that the new book has 54 warscrolls. On the app there are currently 63 warscrolls.  If you take out wanderers, freeguild, ironnweld (except steamtank) and phoenix temple that leaves 38. If that is true it means 16 new warscrolls. 13 new kits with 3 alt builds?  We've seen 6 kits with  plenty of options but no actual alternatives so far. 

• Like 1

From some whatsapp groups:

You can issue this order at the end of the enemy charge phase. If you do, picl 1 friendly CITIES OF SIGMAR unit that is 3" from all enemt units and that is within 3" of the HERO with this order. You can attempt a charge with that unit. In addition, if that unit makes a charge [can't read rest]

Pick up to 3 friendly CITIES OF SIGMAR HUMAN units wholly within 18" of this unit. For each unit picked, roll 2d6. If the result is less than or equal to that unit's Bravery characteristic, moddels in that unit count as 2 models for the purposes of contesting objectives.

You can reveal this order at the start of your movement phase. If you do so, until the end of the phase, add 3" to the Move characteristic of friendly CITIES OF SIGMAR units that start a normal move within 3" of the HERO with this order. In addition, at the end of the phase, friendly CASTELIER units with the 'Fortified Position' ability can establish a fortified position even if they made a normal move in this phase if they are within 3" of the HERO with this order.

You can reveal this order when a friendly unit within 1" of this HERO is targeted by a shooting attack . If you do so, after all the shooting attacks have been resolved, pick 1 friendlt CITIES OF SIGMAR unit more than 3" from all enemy units and within 3" of the HERO with this order. That unit can immediately shoot.

22 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Probably gonna get replaced. The kit is old, even if it's a treasure trove of bits. And with the dawnbringer crusades being a religious movement and we getting a whole preview about the different cults and doctrines of the sigmarite faith, I think a "flagellant 2.0" kit is highly likely. 

I hope,we need more sigmarite cult goodness in the cities otherwise i't would be lame.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The article mentions that the new book has 54 warscrolls. On the app there are currently 63 warscrolls.  If you take out wanderers, freeguild, ironnweld (except steamtank) and phoenix temple that leaves 38. If that is true it means 16 new warscrolls. 13 new kits with 3 alt builds?  We've seen 6 kits with  plenty of options but no actual alternatives so far. 

We've still not seen the blunderbuss weapon on anything right? At least, it doesn't look like the one the Fjusil Marshals had. So there must still be more stuff yet to be previewed. 

vREsTMMo6dG4hTKI.jpg