The Warhammer News Thread

Mutton

Oh ho. Brutal art even if it is against a bloodless tree-aelf wraith.

MTRF2HVjrlWJRBRz-846x503.jpg

I like the "Illusion upgrade" weapon looks like glass since it'll break if you get hit. (I wonder if the devs were playing Cadence of Hyrule at the time xD )

The gloom rules look really fun for sneaking around the Realm of Shadow battlefield.

Gets my mind going if they'll incorporate them into a future AoS Ulgu Realmscape battlepack.

A Shadow Realm Core Battalion that gives ambush bonuses, Realm Command that acts similar to the Kruleboyz Bladegrinz mist for attacking under the cover of a darkness that follows you and Ulgu traits for a "All-Out Defense" free command near terrain to copy the Gloom token's defense buffs as you use the shadows to your advantage.

Between Harrowdeep and possible Ulgu Realm rules I'll be playing a lot of Yugioh Panik music. To the Shadow Realm!

D-022_Dark_Yugi_VS_Player_Killer_of_Dark

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this constitutes as news but I really fell it is off topic even for the Rumour thread. But this is a fun Warhammer Community article and I am absolutely stealing the different gods idea for Khagra’s Ravagers so I can have differently marked Chaos Lords:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/15/get-inspired-for-harrowdeep-with-this-collection-of-all-eight-direchasm-warbands/

KsGnjxcS55FdVsC5.jpg

But then again I use a red and white scheme that I invented specifically to use it for all four gods so it might be strange to have a randomly coloured chaos lords leading my army? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

I really like his Seraphon and Ossiarchs. The Seraphon orange skin makes them look like they fit perfectly with the Beastgrave background as they coalesced in the Realm of Beasts known for it's wastelands and amber they blend with while the Ossiarchs are a very threatening combo of unnatural white bones and polished bones that give you a sense they're something beyond mortalkind.

If anyone missed it his Kruleboyz warband look fantastic too for the skulkers under the sea:

then for the news segment Harrowdeep in-depth look with rivals, errata and free warscrolls for the warbands in AoS. link to the page:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/22/take-your-warbands-out-of-harrowdeep-and-onto-the-battlefields-with-these-free-warscrolls/

8kk0Tlq8KYDsaPbs-846x406.jpg

Big points leap from the old warbands being around 90 points to Xandire being at a whopping 265 but wow I love the synergy of attack, defense and support they have now between  runic arrow crits; lightning lantern marking targets and our big hammer boi having a lodestone barrier that'll have him headbutt even a Ogor cavalry charge to a dead stop. :D 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 4 weeks later...

News! (Some a little old by now but sue me)

Slaves of Darkness hero Clovenhoof makes her made to order debut and charges back through the Realmgate onto the battlefields.

image.jpeg.1a90c2ed4e1217b2d35cb68c058eab98.jpeg

This Aspiring Champion of the Oathsworn tribes is the perfect addition to your Slaves to Darkness collection. She’s certainly tooled up for war – not only does she have a sword and daemonic shield strapped to her back, she’s carrying with one of the largest spiked mauls you’re ever likely to see. It’s clear to see how she earned her ‘Clovenhorn’ moniker, as one of her majestic horns had been shorn from her head – no doubt in a deadly duel with a rival champion from which she emerged triumphant.”

As an aspiring champion, Holga is perfect for leading your Chaos Warriors into battle, though you can also use her as a Chaos Lord or Exalted Hero of Chaos.* She’s so desperate to start killing in the name of the Dark Gods that she doesn’t have a pre-order window – you can order her miniature right now on a Made to Order basis.”

and the VR game Tempestfall launched very recently so anyone blessed with Oculus or the like bolt down into the monolithic fortress of Shyish as the avenging lightning demigod the God-king knows you are and free those souls!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/29/be-a-stormcast-eternal-in-tempestfall/

image.jpeg.56b9aeb5cba7b24bc02b1db9dde7c45e.jpeg

image0.jpg

and finally the Armies on Parade winners for the glorious Age of Sigmar with Twitter showing a very nice spread of Life Realm Order, Amethyst Realm Death and Beast Realm Destruction with the gods at the fore and aft about to plunge their otherworldly armies into war.

image.jpeg.792761b49d0b7342713179534630b95a.jpeg
image.jpeg.be9332d9064710ca856e23e1aa439299.jpeg
image.jpeg.e13ca890ff8ff185711e6955dadd042d.jpeg

• Like 7

Although not strictly AoS, these two videos are a really interesting insight into the modelling process, and also the thinking about how to approach a miniature design.

It also help to clear up a lot of the misinformation about the the Lord Of the Rings franchise, and also some interesting perspectives from the ex employees about how the machine at GW worked when they worked there.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well I’m super late to say Draconiths have landed but have some over-excited fan art I made instead from someone dealing with family moving problems. xD (Thus my rare posts here for now)

https://www.deviantart.com/baron-klatz/art/AoS-fan-art-Stormcast-and-Draco-alliance-899468312

image.jpeg.b47aa8de1568a1508f32efe8a5a7c807.jpeg

So hyped to one day field my ideal hero team of Gavriel, Gardus, Bastion and Krondys. The most pure-hearted celestial guardians of the Realms. :D 

This bit of news is overlooked but also those new keychains that harken back to AoS1 with Liberator and Bloodbound shields are excellent too.

image.jpeg.8c11a0515d73988123b804b4033f67ea.jpeg

Then Audible has a Mortal Realms Saga audio collection that looks pretty sweet too.

image.jpeg.1b0fd5e7ecc294449e4170541b3bc1ef.jpeg

https://www.audible.com/pd/Saga-of-the-Mortal-Realms-Audiobook/B09MG3VB48?qid=1637948376&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=83218cca-c308-412f-bfcf-90198b687a2f&pf_rd_r=7E79QAF02T04DKB0G29E

And finally a bit of news that will soon be moot. There’s 12 hours left to get Age of Sigmar:Stormground on Steam for $15 as it ends on December 1st at around 7:00 am. 

Very nice little grab but if you miss no harm, it’s still half-price on Steam so it’ll only be $20 afterwards for a fun tactics game.

Edited by Baron Klatz

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, nifty news on GW searching for more scenery designers on AoS & Warcry. :D 

If anyone gets the job remember scenery for the Mortal Realms fantastical magi-tech architecture or the dark alien places of Eight-points like god-beast temples within giant eggshells would be appreciated. ;) 

image.jpeg.9a9e37722ab74abf402f77e527954452.jpeg

image.jpeg.5b92db0fdedb5b08001602b7f4905914.jpeg

Also Tempestfall has been out for a good while and has been receiving very positive reviews and now has recently been patched with a much bigger one on the way. :) 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1337100/Warhammer_Age_of_Sigmar_Tempestfall/

Lastly for anyone that missed it Nexon is working on a Age of Sigmar MMO. Kinda have a bad rep for P2W but they still have an impressive resume good looking games so fingers crossed this can get up there in popularity with something like a Genshin Impact style. 🤞

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well first thing. Looks like Deepkin vs Fyreslayers is upon us. Here’s hoping for shiny new battletomes!

“If you’re a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will have a major reveal coming on Monday, pitting two allies of Order against one another in a battle of the elements. -Warhammer Community”

Really looking forward to this as my brother-in-law has been wanting to get into AoS with Fyreslayers. :D 

Then Tempestfall News, patch updates, hardcore mode to prove yourself the God-king’s immortal champion and a winter sale to get into (beating up) the spirit. :) 

And finally some unfortunately tough to see news on the Warhammer sites involving Harrowdeep and the new Realm of Death novel.

1639585243687.png

5LqEQmB6ueIHJebG.jpg

Books worth sinking to the murky bottom of or sinking your fangs into. ;) 

Edited by Baron Klatz

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

News on the Golden Daemon winner, what a spectacle! 😍

Ek4j59qYm3sJ6s2H.jpg

after beating that beastie I like to imagine a black armored Stormcast rows up to him on a boat while the Kraken-Eater munches on that Har Kuron sea beast’s remains and says:

”I’m here to talk to you about the Anvilgard Avengers Initiative.”

Looking forward to next week’s other winners! :D 

• Like 2

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

News on the Golden Daemon winner, what a spectacle! 😍

Ek4j59qYm3sJ6s2H.jpg

after beating that beastie I like to imagine a black armored Stormcast rows up to him on a boat while the Kraken-Eater munches on that Har Kuron sea beast’s remains and says:

”I’m here to talk to you about the Anvilgard Avengers Initiative.”

Looking forward to next week’s other winners! :D 

I saw that and just can't staring. They've nailed every part of it, all the fine details like the freehand tattoos and patterned cloth are spot on. 

And the water base is the best example of a water effects base I've ever seen. The surface of the water looks so realistic it's uncanny. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Thought I’d post the Golden Demon AoS winners here, top-notch stuff all round!:

unknown.png

unknown.png
image.png.613c484d5b1fdf5c0e6f66f44a16b6b5.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

image.png.ffd44cedb60167fe26ce03ac2ca55de1.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

and honorary shout to this 40k one because that glass effect is action movie amazing!

unknown.png

and lastly Age of Sigmar card reskins so far of MtG Secret Lair.(these are basically regular MtG cards wearing masks if another franchise)

IMG_0699.png
IMG_0700.png

IMG_0701.png

• Like 2

Biggest news is the News Thread is back!? I go away for a few, and then Nagash uses some necromantic magic on these boards!

I like that it seems to be moving towards community news as it gives this thread a distinct vibe to the Rumours Thread which often kind of intertwines with model and release news as usually those are the resolution of rumours. 

To continue the thread of Peachy News this popped up on my youtube feed:

I feel like this thread will become the home of man reads book videos... and I am up for that! 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not truly warhammer news per say but in the same line as that painter video, Vallejo XPress is showing off some new paints that might help some people needing that “just right” color.

urko91nf8kv91.jpg?width=3334&format=pjpg
image.jpeg.9cb39730c504226529e7512b0f6dbcdd.jpeg
Also on the interest of painting this handy base guide can never be posted enough:

And rounding back to actual news don’t forget to stack up on vouchers for November! 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna get buried in the rumor section so here’s the Battleboxes and their values:

3u5mro8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
nhww7w8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
na7hax8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

w355ux8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
(impressive amount of 80 rat bois)

5piwap8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
pshp6r8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

e1z5xp8jrjy91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

Box total values(not prices) by DragonPup on Reddit-

DragonPup
1h

“Approximate value of included models in $USD
DoKhaine: $302
Orruks: $315
Gloomspite Gitz: $313
Skaven: $338
Nighthaunt: $330
Sylvaneth: $350
Stormcast: $325”

If the prices are anyway between $200 to $240 that’s a big savings for most of them(DoK kinda fall on the end there but you gals did get a great Vanguard box too)

• Like 3