AoS 3 New Rules Discussion

Anybody has a list, screenshot, leak anything of the new "secondaries". Kill general, hold the centre, kill unit in opponents deployment zone etc. I watched to games on YouTube where they played one of the missions from the new rulebook but failed to get the full list of these secondaries. I have a game on Saturday where I would like to try them out.

So if anyone has them I would appreciate it.

At this point, I feel like GW is pretty committed to showing everyone the finger when it comes to Sentinels. 

Soulsnare shackles looks pretty ridiculous for ranged armies, too. Just straight-up prevents any unit within 6" of any of the 3 models from being able to charge. Er...what? 

Getting harder and harder to see how this 3.0 ruleset doesn't empower ranged armies even more than they were empowered in 2.0. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Facehammer is currently going over the GHB page per page on their Youtube channel right now. They are going over the points and unit sizes showing the page for each faction. Right now they are on Destruction armies. While I'm not famailar with those factions and their points and unit sizes, it seems like everything went up in price but unit sizes remaining mostly the same. It's... it's not looking good... 

Waiting for when they get to the Death factions with bated breath... 

• Like 2

hilarious

1 minute ago, CaptainSoup said:

Facehammer is currently going over the GHB page per page on their Youtube channel right now. They are going over the points and unit sizes showing the page for each faction. Right now they are on Destruction armies. While I'm not famailar with those factions and their points and unit sizes, it seems like everything went up in price but unit sizes remaining mostly the same. It's... it's not looking good...

I am quite happy that Eels got FINALLY slightly nerfed, but for CoS overall point changes feel a bit over the place. Some stuff (all ranged and some other stuff) went up, some stuff (mostly melee and monsters) went down. Mostly good changes, but Sorceress on a dragon costing 5 more than Dreadlord makes me laugh. Unless they changed her warscroll, this is hilarious.

3 hours ago, azdimy said:

That s one of the first thing I checked when the core rules were released. Good riddance. Some armies with no mortal wounds had no answer to it when all the seraphon players in my area would take two,it was 100% unintended despited gws faq saying the opposite and was way too complicated to explain to new players why it worked that way

Yeah, this was an unintuitive and rather stupid rules interaction. May it never return.

Honestly don't understand what GW is thinking letting you take more than one Loreseeker. It's a deeply problematic unit even at a max of one without any artefacts. Being able to spam them and put artefacts on them is just...wow. A real "you didn't like this thing before? Well, hold our beer" kind of moment. 

• Thanks 4

The DoK changes shown pretty much confirm that this edition isn't really for me.

Some of them are utterly asinine. Morgwraeth more than DOUBLE? People don't always take her at 80,  Avatars of Khaine still going UP when the new priest rules make them almost impossible to activate? Cauldrons going up in line with everything else when they are ALSO almost impossible to activate now?

But those aren't the ones that irk me. It's the ones where they clearly think they had it nailed BEFORE and they're just keeping it in line are that really get my blood going. Witch Aelves going up by 20 when Blood Sisters only went up by 10? Why? No competitive DoK list has taken Aelves since the book savaged witch brew and morale is even harsher now. It's not Coherency, neither Blood Sisters or Aelves care about that. Did they not sell enough Shadow and Pain boxsets? What's the deal?

I really do not have much faith in the rules team at the moment :(

I don't like doomposting, in fact I try to make the best out of bad situations and have made the most of the previously poor pointed Slaanesh book. But in this case I have absolutely no clue what they were thinking. Every voice in the AoS community said they were over costed, nearly 70% of 300 people on a survey agreed... Slaanesh did not top tables in tournaments. 

And yet, they seem to have got some of the worst increases in the GHB. 

I really am not certain in the competence of the rules team :(

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

Slaanesh points still feel like a weird sort of gaslighting experiment to see if 1984 can be replicated in the real world. "Yes, we are now at war with Eastasia, and Slaangors are properly pointed at 150 points for 3." 

Looks like the same people who did the initial points for 40k 9th edition did the points for AOS 3.0 too. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I really do not have much faith in the rules team at the moment :(

I don't like doomposting, in fact I try to make the best out of bad situations and have made the most of the previously poor pointed Slaanesh book. But in this case I have absolutely no clue what they were thinking. Every voice in the AoS community said they were over costed, nearly 70% of 300 people on a survey agreed... Slaanesh did not top tables in tournaments. 

And yet, they seem to have got some of the worst increases in the GHB. 

I really am not certain in the competence of the rules team :(

As someone in chat said, it's all for immersion.

So only masochists would play Slaanesh now x)

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

Slaanesh points still feel like a weird sort of gaslighting experiment to see if 1984 can be replicated in the real world. "Yes, we are now at war with Eastasia, and Slaangors are properly pointed at 150 points for 3." 

Looks like the same people who did the initial points for 40k 9th edition did the points for AOS 3.0 too. 

Both the Slaanesh book and the DoK book were ACROSS THE BOARD nerfs to those factions(DoK gets glossed over because Morathi and Blood Stalkers still win games, but it was a garbage book too) and yet they're still acting like it's Fall 2019 and these are the 'premiere' competitive factions. I know there haven't been many events to draw on but hell...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For Nighthaunt, Reapers, Bladegheist and Herridans are now 10 model min unit size. This is good news. It means our main sources of damage isn't knee capped completely, we just have to deal with 32mm base size unit coherency which is just something we'll have to deal with. 

Everything else unit size wise is the same. Some points increases for some units (Chainrasp up 15 points, probably our penance for spamming them last edition) but then most units in the game did to some degree. All things considered we dodged a bullet here. We're still hurting pretty badly with the loss of our warscroll battalions, unit coherency, lack of monsters, ranged units etc., but at least we're still playable at this point. 

All that's left is the hope (but not guarantee) of day one FAQs.

Overall this edition will be interesting. I'm hoping our new book will give us something to do to make up for our lack of other things, like more damage and survivability, but for right now our units are properly sized (considering the new rules) but we'll still probably always use as many maxed sized units as possible to make up for our current short comings. 

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

$

If GW wanted money, they wouldn't have nerfed horde armies like they did lol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

very voice in the AoS community said they were over costed, nearly 70% of 300 people on a survey agreed...

There is qustion when decisions were made, there is significant delay, especially now with commiting to print. Perhaps even earlier than before.

34 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

For Nighthaunt, Reapers, Bladegheist and Herridans are now 10 model min unit size. This is good news. It means our main sources of damage isn't knee capped completely, we just have to deal with 32mm base size unit coherency which is just something we'll have to deal with. 

Everything else unit size wise is the same. Some points increases for some units (Chainrasp up 15 points, probably our penance for spamming them last edition) but then most units in the game did to some degree. All things considered we dodged a bullet here. We're still hurting pretty badly with the loss of our warscroll battalions, unit coherency, lack of monsters, ranged units etc., but at least we're still playable at this point. 

Overall this edition will be interesting. I'm hoping our new book will give us something to do to make up for our lack of other things, like more damage and survivability, but for right now our units are properly sized (considering the new rules) but we'll still probably always use as many maxed sized units as possible to make up for our current short comings. 

they nerfed hordes but boosted 150 dollar centerpieces.

1 hour ago, yukishiro1 said:

Honestly don't understand what GW is thinking letting you take more than one Loreseeker. It's a deeply problematic unit even at a max of one without any artefacts. Being able to spam them and put artefacts on them is just...wow. A real "you didn't like this thing before? Well, hold our beer" kind of moment. 

Because they are not clever enought to make the unit unique but with the option to have enchancements so first we had the "no, is named, so no artifacts" and now we have the "now, is nothing, put everything you want with any enchancement"

48 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

They nerf horde armies so you buy monsters/msu etc as you already bought your hordes... they will buff them back next edition ;)

Edited by C0deb1ue

52 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

yes, but you have to spend money on plastic. Margin on heroes, boxes of 3 or boxes of 5 unfantry is higher than boxes of 10 or more.

1 hour ago, yukishiro1 said:

Oh, but rest assured that Sentinels are the same cost for 10. That should count for something, right?

19 minutes ago, stratigo said:

they nerfed hordes but boosted 150 dollar centerpieces.

9 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

They nerf horde armies so you buy monsters/msu etc as you already bought your hordes... they will buff them back next edition ;)

It appears to me that they costed the "centerpieces" pretty highly. Why not encourage low points cost hordes AND large centerpiece models? Seems pretty dumb of GW to not do both for even greater profits.

That is of course, the reason they did all this in the first place was for the sake of balance and improving the game, and that if the game is good then people will buy regardless...

But naaah that can't be it, GW must be the greedy corporation that only cares a
bout selling models. So corrupt! 😂

• Like 1

Anyone else notice the subtle removal of all cursed city units except soulblight gravelords? 

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but my lists needed those units for cheap utility. That priest hero was one of 2 CoS priests available. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2