Can someone explain me the « love » of chaos dwarves?

They're extra cool Dwarfs. 

Quite a different aesthetic to them from their armour and cultural looks, to very non-dwarven units like bullgors, hobgoblins and wizards.

I personally prefer the more recent FW look, but an updated take on the Babylonian(?) vibe would be very cool, too.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Dracan said:

Just printed this stuntyboy from lost kingdom. Playing him and some of their Anointed Bul-Thaurs as stand in Archaon and varanguard whats not to love...

Which they would get a proper book though.

https://www.lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/24-infernal-dwarves-magmhorin

anointed-bul-thaurs.jpg

These look really nice. This is the company that sells the files, right?

I am planning a small force of chorfs for fun, and I thought I'd use some of the old sculpts as statues for the display. Maybe I'll add some of these too, if I find a way to print them. Wish they offered that service!

On 5/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, AaronWilson said:

I've never collected Chaos Dwarves but their incarnation in AoS was the closest I had to pulling the trigger. I think the aesthetic they pulled off for them in AoS went from cartoony to grimdark badass chaos worshipping dwarves which I was all in for. 

They've never had an AoS incarnation. Are you thinking of the Legion of Azgorh from Forge World? Those were copy/pasted directly over from WHFB.

1 hour ago, NinthMusketeer said:

They all but said Chaos dwarfs are coming, yeah.

If they look like naked gully dwarf tramps wearing pee pots on their heads me and the mothership are going to have a serious falling out.

pyro serious.

legion aesthetics turned up to 11eventy and a mega gargant sized Kdaai destroyer if you please, thanking you please.

oh and a bale taurus and and and…

Edited by Kaleb Daark