Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

2 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

Does anyone who speaks Spanish here want to translate the Neferata and Skeletons warscrolls for everyone? 😛 PM me and I'll send the photos.

I mean when the Italian warscrolls were leaked for Slaanesh I just Google translated them and it worked well. If you want, you can send it to me and I'll start doing that.

*EDIT*

nvm just found her and skeletons in Spanish on 4chan

Edited by BaylorCorvette

just to point out the power of kasteli since it's what i'm attempting to build. 15 blood knights kill a hero that's 60 d3 attacks on the charge, they kill brutes or gluttons that 45 wound unit is now 60 wounds. Same logic applies to vargheists, 9 vargheists jumping from 36 wounds to 45 and 28 d3 attacks.

3 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

Does anyone who speaks Spanish here want to translate the Neferata and Skeletons warscrolls for everyone? 😛 PM me and I'll send the photos.

I'm not exactly great at it, but I'd give it a try.

OOF, spanish skeleton warscroll leaked. 

Skellies are down to 1A per model, no unit size bonusses to that, but they gained an ability to come back on a 4+ when selected to fight. 

I won't miss having to roll 120 attacks twice, but this is very poor output now and they do get massively outshined by zombies now it seems, who can be tanky and killy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CDM said:

Crimson court have only one wound each.  Am i missing something?

Well, one of them has 3 wounds (the big guy with the mace) the other two have one wound. I hoped that they would have a few more wound apiece, at least equivalent to a 3 man squad of Vrykos vampires. 

14 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I mean when the Italian warscrolls were leaked for Slaanesh I just Google translated them and it worked well. If you want, you can send it to me and I'll start doing that.

*EDIT*

nvm just found her and skeletons in Spanish on 4chan

Just found it! Thx

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

Anyone else find Avengorii weird? 

I got the impression that they seek out mighty monsters to fight: "they seek out the largest, most worthy brutes in Ghur to feed on" - WC and "Vampires of the Avengorii dynasty seek to slake their thirst on the very largest and strongest prey" - WC

And yet they are the subfaction that is weakest against monsters? Losing their -1 to wound xD 

I would have thought they'd have something a bit more akin to the Kastelai one...where if they "feed on the strongest prey" they level up, just like Kastelai. But no...

so skeletons do very little damage but are an absoulte donkey to kill entirely. Interesting, definetly objective holders more than anything but they can have a place.

Neferata is fairly interesting. Hits rather hard, the dagger now murders on 5+ (ouch) and she gets d6 wound back by killing stuff, very nice. The spell was slightly nerfed but is still very good anyway. The real banger here is the CA, it is amazing. Every friendly unit within (not wholly unless i am failing at spanish) 12" gets -1 to be hit in general! This can make your army very tough when combined with other buffs so i would say that she is nice within expectations,

Those changes makes me think that LoB went from being the aggressive faction to be the defensive one? Very interesting

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

Deadwalker Horde:

Legion of the Night

Vampire
Necromancer
Lodestone Corpse Cart
40 Zombies

Vampire
Necromancer
Lodestone Corpse Cart
40 Zombies

Vampire (outflanking, General)
Necromancer (outflanking)
Lodestone Corpse Cart (outflanking)
40 Zombies (outflanking)

10 Dire Wolves
10 Dire Wolves

Haven't worked out item, spells, & CA.  Not sure they matter much.  Necromancers cast vanhells or debuffs.  Vampires cast the invo spell & use their CA.  Three zombie hordes all blob up in horseshoes around the carts & characters to stay in aura ranges, waddle forward into combat and pray for sixes.  Dire Wolves run for early objectives / gum up enemy marching lanes / screen out deep strikers.  nerfed endless legions potentially spits out 5 wolves or 20 zombies.

Boring, way too many models, pain in the butt, spiced up a very little bit by outflanking one of the blobs.  Maybe works?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

so skeletons do very little damage but are an absoulte donkey to kill entirely. Interesting, definetly objective holders more than anything but they can have a place.

Neferata is fairly interesting. Hits rather hard, the dagger now murders on 5+ (ouch) and she gets d6 wound back by killing stuff, very nice. The spell was slightly nerfed but is still very good anyway. The real banger here is the CA, it is amazing. Every friendly unit within (not wholly unless i am failing at spanish) 12" gets -1 to be hit in general! This can make your army very tough when combined with other buffs so i would say that she is nice within expectations

You sure it's not enemy units within 12"?  That's how it currently works.

I'm not hearing anything to make her more survivable.

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

You sure it's not enemy units within 12"?  That's how it currently works.

I'm not hearing anything to make her more survivable.

well, she is 3+ save now so it is a bit better. Also the CA says roughly "untill your next hero phase subtract 1 from rolls to hit from enemy melee weapons that have as a target soulblight gravelords units within 12" of this model".
This plus her spell and how durable skellies are tell me that LoB is the defensive faction

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, CDM said:

Crimson court have only one wound each.  Am i missing something?

there is a little description that the one with the mace has 2 wounds added the other 2 have only 1 wound each

3 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

well, she is 3+ save now so it is a bit better. Also the CA says roughly "untill your next hero phase subtract 1 from rolls to hit from enemy melee weapons that have as a target soulblight gravelords units within 12" of this model".
This plus her spell and how durable skellies are tell me that LoB is the defensive faction

If only our Queen could provide -1 to hit in general for all that filthy shooting 😅

looking at it, yeah, it's targeting our units within range.  I can't make out the exact word being used for 'within' though, so I'm not sure if there's any sort of connotation of entirely or not.

3+ save is something at least though, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Aturox said:

there is a little description that the one with the mace has 2 wounds added the other 2 have only 1 wound each

Shame really. I was most looking forward to mid level vampire foot troops Ala crimson court and vykros blood bound feral type but these just won't do! Ones to weak and the others locked up in a huge unit and can only have three on the table.

This is odd though, with cursed city gone away it's very unusual to have units in a. New battlerome that you can't buy! To me that's enough confirmation to say that cursed city was meant to be around for years.

4 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

I agree with this translation.

Between Mannfred and Neferata I think I prefer Mannfred more but it is close, they each have their role depending on what you're trying to do. I'm glad GW gave them a 3+ armor save. Only thing they needed was a couple more wounds but it's all good.

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So, skeletons.

Good:

5+ save.

When picked to fight, roll a die for each model of this unit that died this phase. On a 4+, regenerate a model.

Bad:

Nonexistent damage output

Lost musician rules

NOOOOOO, THE DOOOOOOOOOOOT              TT_TT

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I have been taking a look throughout the book specifically for abilities to help with shooting based armies. I find in general I don't rate casting highly with murderers row running around (Teclis etc) and find the hardest armies to deal with have high mobility, MW output and shooting. We seem to lack MW output and shooting and high powered casting but who knows what is going on with 3rd edition :). Maybe there will be a nerf. I own a KO army and Deepkin army as well so I am not looking to smash every list I play but this book is going to take a little more work and figuring out. Should be fun! 

I think the Kastelai artifact that increases the FNP to 5+ for a turn with blood knights and the innate re rolling ones will be awesome to help stop shooting alphas and the -1 to hit on a vampire lord on zombie dragon. I really didn't want to run a Zombie Dragon because the model is just....derpy. But -2 rend is so important to have. Also, the Vykros artifacts aren't out correct?

8 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

I have been taking a look throughout the book specifically for abilities to help with shooting based armies. I find in general I don't rate casting highly with murderers row running around (Teclis etc) and find the hardest armies to deal with have high mobility, MW output and shooting. We seem to lack MW output and shooting and high powered casting but who knows what is going on with 3rd edition :). Maybe there will be a nerf. I own a KO army and Deepkin army as well so I am not looking to smash every list I play but this book is going to take a little more work and figuring out. Should be fun! 

I think the Kastelai artifact that increases the FNP to 5+ for a turn with blood knights and the innate re rolling ones will be awesome to help stop shooting alphas and the -1 to hit on a vampire lord on zombie dragon. I really didn't want to run a Zombie Dragon because the model is just....derpy. But -2 rend is so important to have. Also, the Vykros artifacts aren't out correct?

Belladamma and Necromancer can pass wound to wolf/zombie, that make them pretty strong vs shooting. Zombie also do a tons of mw if you are looking for that.

Edited by Saodexan

11 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

Belladamma and Necromancer can pass wound to wolf/zombie, that make them pretty strong vs shooting. Zombie also do a tons of mw if you are looking for that.

I did notice that which I thought was fantastic. Zombies I am not sure what the damage output will really look like. Time will tell. I am more looking to play a "semi-comp" army with the models I enjoy so Bella and Radukar are a must.