Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Hopefully it's a proper mount and not some mid transformation thing going on, that doesn't float my boat too much,

Hated that old vampire with the one wing and one normal arm, just looked really weird.

Hype train is firmly on though! :)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

its time to let Abhorash go. x

Why? he is out there, being the lonely awesome swordknight wandering the realms... don’t care for your writing 😅

the idea of making the anvil of apotheosis a fixed system, sounds nice and will bring new diversity, when all the battalions are scrapped for generic ones...

The centerpiece looks rad in potato, hopefully it delivers in 4K, 3D and on paper 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Is anyone else seeing Sigvalds sword arm or have I just stared at the pixels for too long?

image.jpeg.bc9fd5c4889e493ad3c3ce2d01a3aa13.jpeg

i was thinking the same exact thing, it really looks like a kitbash, even the pauldron and the hips pose are very similar
New Sigvald & Chaos Slaves To Darkness Revealed for AoS! - Spikey Bits

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

Unfortunately, you all are slowly convincing me that this is a kitbashed model using the Anvil of Blood character creation. But I'm still confident of us getting a new center piece model!

dont get me wrong, it could be a new one, it just looks quite a bit like siggy to me. I cannot undersand what is the thing in the lower half tough, at first i though it was the commander bloodknight horse seen from the front but i am not too sure 

46 minutes ago, Honk said:

Why? he is out there, being the lonely awesome swordknight wandering the realms... don’t care for your writing 😅

If he is, in part, defined by wandering alone, that kind of doesn't fit so good with being a playable character in a wargame fought between two armies.  😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pixieproxy said:

There is a possibility that it's a kitbash using the character creation rules.

That's what it looks like to me, especially with the anvil rules in this issue.

Certainly we aren't seeing the sort of big spotlight articles we'd expect from the soulblight gravelords release, or even mention of the faction by name, so I think we can pretty safely say that the gravelords release will not be in May, or if it is it will be towards the end of the month.

The sword really is very Sigvald-y... There seems to be a different twist in the torso and arm but if you’re going in for that level of conversion, it’s rather small beer. 

It would be one of the most drastic conversions/kitbashes to be shown in WD so prominently but still...

1 hour ago, Sception said:

that kind of doesn't fit so good with being a playable character in a wargame fought between two armies

Like gotrek or the mega-gargant mercenary 4all... ?!? I double dare them to make him summonable, green Knight style, through the death of 15 bloodknights.

like a friend of mine grinning, when his blood tithe points hit 8 👹

but, the anvils are such an reoccurring thing, throughout AoS 2.0, and hails back to the old world, where my master necromancer didn’t wear the official hat, but costed like bigN himself, I‘d really like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gotrek is maybe an ok example, except his stories are all about him teaming up with buddies and sticking his nose in everyone's business the warhammer world over, unlike Abhorash who really does seem to prefer to brood prettily on mountaintops alone, and resents whenever anyone intrudes on his manly isolation.

As for the mega gargants, they're literally mercenaries.  Whenever they don't have other gargants to hang out with, they go around looking for armies that will feed them and give them someone to fight.  They're the polar opposite of loners.

Edited by Sception

It's a thing before Teclis is even over.  Mannfred and Neferata have already started to feud over territory before its even done.

Which is definitely a retcon to Mannfred's past characterization, given that he had explicitly abandoned Carstinia and Sternieste and sworn off trying to recreate Sylvania viewing the whole business as a mistaken vanity project and a colossal waste of his time.  But now he's back to ruling Carstinia and actively expanding its boarders.  Ah, well.  Not the first retcon to his character in AoS, and at least it gives him something to do that takes the form of actually leading armies against other armies like he was a character in a tabletop war game or something.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

definitely a thing then

Chaos having a field day... again 🙄 can’t wait for Naggy getting up for AoS 4.0 to rolfstomp some puppies 

time is a circle then

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

Mannfred and Neferata have already started to feud

The way they were depicted in the stories, they never stopped yapping and provoking  each other. If Arkhan had eyes left, he would have been dizzy from all the rolling 🙄 only Nagash kept them in check, now with his beauty nap 

but I hope they expand the personal 

• Haha 1

I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but I am really hoping with all of the events in the BR series, it is leading up to the Vampires leash loosening and allowing them to have more autonomy. However that Flash Point blurb in the upcoming White Dwarf makes me think there is going to be something that ultimately reunites Death so that they can fight off Chaos. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but I am really hoping with all of the events in the BR series, it is leading up to the Vampires leash loosening and allowing them to have more autonomy. However that Flash Point blurb in the upcoming White Dwarf makes me think there is going to be something that ultimately reunites Death so that they can fight off Chaos. 

REBELLION.EXE 99%

Edited by Raptor_Jesues