Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

2 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

@Skreech Verminking
Would you prefer GW to do skaven redesigns Clan by Clan, or dabbling a bit in all of them, for each wave?

If you were to ask me, I'd probably say Clan by Clan, probably starting with Eshin: ninjas aren't really my thing, but they are in dire need of an update (more so than a lot of the other clans), plus there's less thematic overlap with other factions

I would like to see an overhaul for the skaven in total.

Instead of clan specific rules I would like to see the chance of giving your army certain buffs (which could be called the schemes of 13) that can be added to your army if you have a specific general.

in addition to that, should there be new clan specific allegiances I would actually like to keep the chance to have every skaven army be able to take every unit in their army, with the restriction  of certain units never becoming battleline.

I would hate to see skaven unable to take other clan specific units, after all pacts are made by the rats pretty often, and if one has the money, why shouldn’t there be a clawlord with a few hundred weapon teams.

ripp skaven apart, and they aren’t skaven anymore 

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Clan by Clan, kinda like what they're doing with Chaos at the moment.

I do think that there should be a Human Destruction Faction. There are countless tribes out there existing still, a lot of them in Ghur and to have them be covered in Animal skins/hide and leather would be great. They would just have to make them visually distinctive from Chaos Marauders. 

The darkoath would fulfill that Conan style quite well already in Chaos I think - I'd instead like something a bit more advanced technologically wise, a warrior cult of some sort, or even based on Carthage and the Mughals

Edited by DoctorPerils

37 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

The darkoath would fulfill that Conan style quite well already in Chaos I think - I'd instead like something a bit more advanced technologically wise, a warrior cult of some sort, or even based on Carthage and the Mughals

I would love a bunch of nutcase Golem masters myself. 

As I work through the five stages of grief in losing my Legion of Azgorh how about some bargaining?

Instead of a one-for-one replacement the above has inspired me to desire that instead of Chaos Dwarfs we get DESTRUCTION DWARFS.  Building upon the above can you think of a group better suited to be the crazy alternative to the Steampunk KO?  Why destruction?  Because I want these guys to be going nutso in what they build.  Think Dark Mechnicus meets Ork Mechas within a Steampunk Framework and trading tips at the Maker studio with Clan Skyre.  Think this would set up as a natural enemy to a unified Duardin in 3.0.  One wants to build something new with the return of their god.  The other wants to tear everything down due to the disappearance of their own.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

As I work through the five stages of grief in losing my Legion of Azgorh how about some bargaining?

Instead of a one-for-one replacement the above has inspired me to desire that instead of Chaos Dwarfs we get DESTRUCTION DWARFS.  Building upon the above can you think of a group better suited to be the crazy alternative to the Steampunk KO?  Why destruction?  Because I want these guys to be going nutso in what they build.  Think Dark Mechnicus meets Ork Mechas within a Steampunk Framework and trading tips at the Maker studio with Clan Skyre.  Think this would set up as a natural enemy to a unified Duardin in 3.0.  One wants to build something new with the return of their god.  The other wants to tear everything down due to the disappearance of their own.

Chaos Duardin still have a chance mate!! I would say as much as if not more than Grotbag Scuttlers!!

1 hour ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

I say we go for broke and do both.

Chaos Dwarves:  A subfaction within Slaves to Darkness adding some demonic engines, blunderbusses and magnificent plated beards.
Destruction Dwarves: with their hobgoblins, bull centaurs, roaring fires and awesome hats.

Alternatively, I still am fond of the idea of Grimnir returning and having defeated Vulcatrix considering his oath fulfilled. He enters Ghur as an independent God of Destruction and Rival to GorkaMorka rallying more dwarves to his banner. I think Ogres and Gargants would be the allied bridge between Orruks/Gitz and Fyreslayers who will maintain their antipathies. 

Add on a death faction of dwarves and they can have presence in all of the grand alliances.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I say we go for broke and do both.

Chaos Dwarves:  A subfaction within Slaves to Darkness adding some demonic engines, blunderbusses and magnificent plated beards.
Destruction Dwarves: with their hobgoblins, bull centaurs, roaring fires and awesome hats.

Alternatively, I still am fond of the idea of Grimnir returning and having defeated Vulcatrix considering his oath fulfilled. He enters Ghur as an independent God of Destruction and Rival to GorkaMorka. I think Ogres and Gargants would be the allied bridge between Orruks/Gitz and Fyreslayers who will maintain their antipathies. 

Add on a death faction of dwarves and they can have presence in all of the grand alliances.

I absolutely LOVE your Destruction Duardin idea mate, involving the Hobgrots(!?) Would be incredible.

I also love the idea of Ogors and Gargants allying with them. The largest of the large with the smallest of the stunt. 

• Thanks 1

Staying on the destruction theme I want the Sons to get their “pets”.  Gitz have squigs.  Orruks have Boars, Gruntas & Mawkrushas.  Ogors have Mournfang, Thundertusks and Stonehorns.   Whether it is in the form of scavengers that just happen to follow the Sons around for the opportunistic meals and thus have developed some loyalty to their patrons or some animal they’re actively “husbanding” I want them to get the same wildlife aspect to their faction the other Destruction factions benefit from.  If I were to get greedy each mega would get their own themed pet so maybe a giant squid for the Kraken Eater (in a Princess Bride Dread Pirate Roberts I’ll probably eat you tomorrow kind of relationship) and a rhinoceros like animal for the gatebreakers...

• LOVE IT! 1

Looking more broadly for 3.0 there are a lot of Predatory Endless Spells that I would like to see converted into actual units, for 3xample the new DoK viper or the Sylvaneth Gladeworm.  Never had the sense that Predatory Endless Spells and their like have fully lived up to their potential on the table but they’re occupying some awesome design spaces I’d love to see exploited.

20 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

Staying on the destruction theme I want the Sons to get their “pets”.  Gitz have squigs.  Orruks have Boars, Gruntas & Mawkrushas.  Ogors have Mournfang, Thundertusks and Stonehorns.   Whether it is in the form of scavengers that just happen to follow the Sons around for the opportunistic meals and thus have developed some loyalty to their patrons or some animal they’re actively “husbanding” I want them to get the same wildlife aspect to their faction the other Destruction factions benefit from.  If I were to get greedy each mega would get their own themed pet so maybe a giant squid for the Kraken Eater (in a Princess Bride Dread Pirate Roberts I’ll probably eat you tomorrow kind of relationship) and a rhinoceros like animal for the gatebreakers...

I've always wanted the Sons to have a huge Mammoth that would act as both a unit and terrain piece. It could work like a weaker version of the Mawpot with healing and buffs but be able to actually fight back. 

Though a Mammoth would make more sense now with the Ogor Mawtribes so it could perhaps be like a Remora, the little fish that hang onto sharks, so it could be something like a large scavenger. Something like a massive Hyena!! With chains hanging off it like an attack dog that they launch at the enemy when they get close. 

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've always wanted the Sons to have a huge Mammoth that would act as both a unit and terrain piece. It could work like a weaker version of the Mawpot with healing and buffs but be able to actually fight back. 

Though a Mammoth would make more sense now with the Ogor Mawtribes so it could perhaps be like a Remora, the little fish that hang onto sharks, so it could be something like a large scavenger. Something like a massive Hyena!! With chains hanging off it like an attack dog that they launch at the enemy when they get close. 

I’ve been all for your terrain piece idea.  Selfishly though would like to see Sons rationalized a little bit and feel like a 40 pt (e.g. Frost Sabres, another DestructoPet) or 90 pt Scavenger unit (love the Hyena idea at multiple scales as long as they can be distinguished from other options) would allow GW to drop the points just a little and open up some choices.  Worry a terrain piece is just the same lists plus terrain.

For Ogors I’m with previous posters who want to see the Firebelly side expanded.  Think it is a nice design space that could easily fill in some gaps (thinking, for example, a true missile focused Ogor unit launching fireballs and a fanatics style unit that could pop out from gluttons units) that Mawtribes could benefit from.

29 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

I’ve been all for your terrain piece idea.  Selfishly though would like to see Sons rationalized a little bit and feel like a 40 pt (e.g. Frost Sabres, another DestructoPet) or 90 pt Scavenger unit (love the Hyena idea at multiple scales as long as they can be distinguished from other options) would allow GW to drop the points just a little and open up some choices.  Worry a terrain piece is just the same lists plus terrain.

For Ogors I’m with previous posters who want to see the Firebelly side expanded.  Think it is a nice design space that could easily fill in some gaps (thinking, for example, a true missile focused Ogor unit launching fireballs and a fanatics style unit that could pop out from gluttons units) that Mawtribes could benefit from.

Absolutely mate I'd love Firebellies to be expanded would contract nicely with BCR. I've mentioned before about having a massive Magma Tortoise as a Behemoth unit with a Howdah for Firebellies or Fyreslayers.

Firebellies would be a great way to add new units to the army as well and I love the Fanatics idea!! 

For Ogors in general I'd love to see Gluttons get updated sculpts alongside Frost Sabres, Yehtees, Gorgers, Butchers and Slaughtermasters. Ironguts and Leadbelchers will do fine as they are but at the moment they are all quite similar in terms of posing as they've retained their WHFB rank and file.

I'm all for the Mammoth idea now for Ogors as well, if the Gutbusters get the Gluttons, Butchers, Slaughtermasters updated it would be great to add one new unit to BCR.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I absolutely LOVE your Destruction Duardin idea mate, involving the Hobgrots(!?) Would be incredible.

I also love the idea of Ogors and Gargants allying with them. The largest of the large with the smallest of the stunt. 

I think that Duardin feel like a natural fit for being represented in different alliances so it is something I have often considered. I still do want Chaos Dwarves to exist but I think that they fit naturally into Slaves to Darkness and would be an easy sell not having to support a full faction release. Also the homogenous human worshippers do not fully reflect the lore of the army so some dwarves would diversify the line. As for Destruction Dwarves, it would be a more experimental army for GW but they would also help further flesh out an alliance in need of some more attention. It also makes the ogres and giants feel less at odds aesthetically with their greenskin counterparts that take such a massive focus in the alliance.

Hahaha, It is hilarious that I somehow completely missed the juxtaposition between the size of the duardins and ogres/gargants but it would really emphasize the respective size of the units.

• LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

🤔
Sounds fun, but might that not have a better place in GA Death? What would their lore look like in your opinion?

Depends. The idea comes from the Ash a Secret History novel series which has an alternative versionn of medival carthage with golems and magicans. Ornate, advanced and militarilly impressive, but with a destructive intent. They are controlled by sentient machines formed from granite who think mankind cannot be trusted with magic and want to wipe them out. Its really cool stuff. 

It could fit death but unhinged despots wanting to end magic would fit in well with destruction. As all other factions use magic so heavily it makes them targets for a destructive crusade. They would ally with the other destruction factions out of necessity. 

Edited by edmc78
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:21 PM, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

How about a gigantic housecat as pets? I feel the gargant's presentation as like the jack in the beanstalk giant and you could also through in Gargamel from the smurfs, there's that whimsical yet scary children's story side to them that I'd like to see developed more.

On a separate note, Warhammer Weekly's recent "good design" video got me thinking about bottom-up design for a new destruction faction, rather than the top down of "we want bug-people silent people" - what game niches aren't sufficiently represented in destruction. While I've yet to play, I've understood there to be a few: shooting, magic, and standard-sized creatures (grots are smaller than humans, orruks, ogors and gargants are all bigger), perhaps cavalry to some extent too. So, while the idea of an ogroid or fomoroid faction would be attention grabbing, I fear it would be doubling up on themes already present in the GA.

So, what could bridge the size gap, and furnish at least one of the other niches? Kurnothi spring to mind, but I still feel it unlikely :(chaos destruction dwarves are in a similar boat to me - awesome in concept, but unlikely to transpire.

So instead, how about Scythian Amazons, including different fantasy elements? AoS (and destruction in particular) could do with some extra female models, you could get charioteers and mounted archers that aren't that similar to DoK or Slaanesh. I'm not too sure on whether they should include mages/shamans/priests, again to stay away from DoK and Lumineth territory.

What would your thoughts be on the subject?

You would also probably be able to include the @edmc78
 golems and anti-magic mages idea quite nicely

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 2

@DoctorPerils cats could certainly work but if you wanted to go all Jack & the Beanstalk (and Tzeentch didn’t have that whole bird aesthetic kind of all sewn up) giant evil geese could work.  They’re already foul fowl irl, ready to go after anyone who gets too close, so not too big a leap.

As far as filling in gaps there is a size niche that could be filled via a human barbarian though Bonesplitterz do capture a bit of that space already (albeit with a very limited range).  Females definitely underrepresented in Destruction (only one very “interesting design choice” Maneater for Ogors and the Troggoth Hag spring to mind) so that could be a combo that offers something new.

If I’m looking for other gaps in Destruction, besides the evil Steampunk Destructo Dwarfs could bring, FLY seems very restricted in the faction.  Have Mawkrushas and... I guess some of the Squigs and Spiders count as Flying with their bouncing but aren’t leaning into a winged aesthetic.  That’s where I think an insect aesthetic could fill a gap as overall that is a wing style only sporadically seen in AoS (e.g. a Sylvaneth Hero I believe has an insect “jump pack”).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, edmc78 said:

Depends. The idea comes from the Ash a Secret History novel series which has an alternative versionn of medival carthage with golems and magicans. Ornate, advanced and militarilly impressive, but with a destructive intent. They are controlled by sentient machines formed from granite who think mankind cannot be trusted with magic and want to wipe them out. Its really cool stuff. 

It could fit death but unhinged despots wanting to end magic would fit in well with destruction. As all other factions use magic so heavily it makes them targets for a destructive crusade. They would ally with the other destruction factions out of necessity. 

This is really cool and maybe the only interesting take on AoS golems I've heard. The pyramids in Ash were fascinating and wouldn't mind them being filched by GW in the same way they filch other stuff.  I feel like they're doing something similar to AoS Death, namely working through a bunch of concepts that usually crop up in AI/cyberpunk/sci-fi but in a fantasy setting.

Putting them in Death might steal some of Nagash's thunder and whoever implemented them would have to be careful to avoid just adding more big scary eldritch beings but the idea of having these colossal, immobile, nameless stone beings with a chilly hyperrational agenda is a good one. With the right amount of differentiation to avoid conceptual overlap it could work, even in Destruction.

Edited by sandlemad