AoS 2 - Har Kuron (Broken Realms: Morathi) Discussion

Double Misfire

33 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

A hag queen + another DoK unit might synergise more. Yet overall I like your list!

I had considered it.  Hag with a block of Witch Aelves.  They just seem very squishy...  and I’d lose out on my spray transport and likely have to go back to using spell portal.

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

A hag queen + another DoK unit might synergise more. Yet overall I like your list!

Could do something like:

- Dreadlord on dragon-general.  Murderous zeal and traitors banner

-sorceress of dragon- sap strength

-sorceress - Nullstone Vizard and vitriolic spray

-assassin

- hag queen

battleline:

-dark shards x30

-Dreadspears x10

- Dreadspears x10

other:

-shadow warriors x10

-witch Aelves x30

battallion:

— Shadowpact 

endless:

- Spell portal

1990/2000

my concern is for the witch aelves with a 6+ save and no survivability from one of the DoK temples.

Edited by BeeTee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BeeTee said:

I am also worried about the assassin being a waste of 60 points...  but the model is fantastic.  If it ends up garbage, I can take those and the 20 spare and paint up a scourgerunner chariot.  

Assassin is 80pts tough, so the same as one chariot.

The thing that he can pop out out of 1 wound unit can be useful (for Hero keyword mostly). I kinda like him in Anvilgard where he could take Venomfang Sword which gave him overall 2d3 MW on 6+ to wound.  In other Cities there are some tricks as well, not really in Har Kuron unfortuantely. Maybe as general where he could bring his trait where it's needed without actually moving there by himself? That would be probably better in list with more infantry then yours.

47 minutes ago, Boar said:

Assassin is 80pts tough, so the same as one chariot.

The thing that he can pop out out of 1 wound unit can be useful (for Hero keyword mostly). I kinda like him in Anvilgard where he could take Venomfang Sword which gave him overall 2d3 MW on 6+ to wound.  In other Cities there are some tricks as well, not really in Har Kuron unfortuantely. Maybe as general where he could bring his trait where it's needed without actually moving there by himself? That would be probably better in list with more infantry then yours.

You’re right...  that’s a bit tougher of a bullet to bite.  With 100 spare points I could for sure find something useful to do.

tbh, I’d love to run Morathi, but she’s 600 points and 2 DoK units, needing 6 CoS to cover her.  I’m worried I’d be hamstringing the rest of my army to get her in a list.

Edited by BeeTee

So I feel like our rules are a little glitched at the moment...

Right now, we lose the "way of the free people's" trait, which means we don't get access to adjutant's and empowered spells, but it also means we don't get the "strongholds of order" trait.

The strongholds if order trait gives the specific city keyword to units, and there's  nothing in the Har Kuron rules to replace that.  That means that the only units in the city to be Har Kuron are the DoK units, BUT you can only tale those if you have 3 other Har Kuron units, which without "strongholds of order" don't exist.

So as the rules stand, we can't take any DoK units, and none of our heroes can take the command traits, artefacts, or spells because those are for Har Kuron heroes only.

I feel like we need an FAQ soon...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrandAdmiralAutumn said:

So I feel like our rules are a little glitched at the moment...

Technically you are of course correct, but intention is clear on that one. So RAI it is.

Which reminds me of one twitch streamer saying that only when he came to AOS/GW he learned of thing like RAI as opposed to RAW.  Speaks for itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hurben said:

I've made a list tonight. Let me know what do you guys think.

HarKuron.pdf 5.73 MB · 4 downloads

Well, that's certainly something. Looks quite good on offense, tough I guess some armies will be hard to deal with. Fast crushing attack like Orruks, or some with good defense like Nurgle Chaos Warriors, barring succesful spell casting.

On 11/16/2020 at 2:25 PM, Hannibal said:

Thanks for the insight!

Sounds interesting.

Well, I know that there is nothing like "good" or "bad" in all Warhammer worlds, but I don´t like to play the shiny guys. I guess that every single factions thinks that it is on the right track when it comes down to "good" or eben "best" intentions. It´s just a matter of one´s own perspective.

There's good and bad.

Morathi is bad. Like the overthrow of the city came with actual genocide. That's bad.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, hurben said:

I've made a list tonight. Let me know what do you guys think.

HarKuron.pdf 5.73 MB · 16 downloads

Why a Slaughter Queen over hag queen?

Your stalkers dont benefit from the SQ command ability, as its DOK and Combat only

You would be better with a hag to make them immune to battleshock and have prayers 

• Like 1

I think the genocide thing is a bit of a memetic mutation. It doesn't seem to be explicitly mentioned anywhere, folks have just took the killing of the Anvilgard's human army and the lack of any humans in the army lists, plus general dark elf style of doing things, and extrapolated from this.

But as far as we know, Har Kuron still has non-aelf population, it's just that Morathi doesn't trust them enough to recruit them.

We'll know more when Har Kuron add-on to the Soulbound Anvilgard supplement comes out (I don't think it has, yet.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Why a Slaughter Queen over hag queen?

Your stalkers dont benefit from the SQ command ability, as its DOK and Combat only

You would be better with a hag to make them immune to battleshock and have prayers 

True, don't know why I put SQ haha

Edited by hurben
  • Like 1

So I'm struggling a bit with this city. I feel like I don't really do that much damage. 10 Drakespawn Knights buffed with exploding 6s are decent. I also take a block of 10 Blood Sisters that I park behind some Dreadspears so that I can use their 2" reach to poke over them. Still, the Sisters are very squishy and I feel like I lack a really hard-hitting unit. Any suggestions? No Morathi (for now). I don't want to have 600p tied up. 

19 minutes ago, Crashnarf said:

executionners

I second that they are good enough and with discount for full size you get 30 guys for 300pts. I don't own them personally, but when I will have spare money it's executioners time.

Also darkshards are always usefull IMO.

1 hour ago, Causalis said:

So I'm struggling a bit with this city. I feel like I don't really do that much damage. 10 Drakespawn Knights buffed with exploding 6s are decent. I also take a block of 10 Blood Sisters that I park behind some Dreadspears so that I can use their 2" reach to poke over them. Still, the Sisters are very squishy and I feel like I lack a really hard-hitting unit. Any suggestions? No Morathi (for now). I don't want to have 600p tied up. 

I’m running Morathi and a unit of 10 Blood Sisters.  And another threat in a large block of shards.  Works pretty well, puts out solid damage and the shadow Queen buffs the sisters 

4 hours ago, Causalis said:

Nearly every unit available to this city falls into the category of high number of attacks with low rend and 1 damage. Executioners, darkshards, corsairs... they all force a lot of dice, but don't average all that highly.  Its great for lightly armored units, but high save units shrug it off. I think for this reason, a sorceress with vitriolic spray is a must. Cast the spellportal or at least give her a balewind and suddenly those darkshards threaten nearly every unit in the game. But otherwise, you're going to lack for rend without morathi and some snakes of some kind.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, dekay said:

I think the genocide thing is a bit of a memetic mutation. It doesn't seem to be explicitly mentioned anywhere, folks have just took the killing of the Anvilgard's human army and the lack of any humans in the army lists, plus general dark elf style of doing things, and extrapolated from this.

But as far as we know, Har Kuron still has non-aelf population, it's just that Morathi doesn't trust them enough to recruit them.

We'll know more when Har Kuron add-on to the Soulbound Anvilgard supplement comes out (I don't think it has, yet.)

I did take it as morathi had the entire non elf population massacred