Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I agree.  If anything, I think they should have made those characters not able to interact with subfactions.  It would be basically the same thing, and make the characters feel more like heroes of the Lumineth over all, and not like Ymetrica is the only nation that produces heroes.

56a2uo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

56a2uo.jpg

Really funny xD

stll, ymetrica has only 1 way to play

Dont get me wrong i love to see my friends raging while theyr beloved heartguard bounce on my stone wall, but i'd like to play some other style other than cows

Like, literally any other option does not get any benefit

I played a few games with lumineth, and I gotta say there is a whole lot that can go wrong or right with them in any given game. I got lucky with my last game and had gotten the top of turn for every round, and it was pretty harrowing making sure I had every buff in place in order to withstand a charge from a bunch of very angry Bullgors. The lord-regeant really did prove himself vital with this, as the Greater power of Hysh spell is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. When combined with my wardens it allowed me to get an offensive buff off in addition to ethereal blessings / Protection of hysh, which gave them a whole lot of longevity.

Also finally learned to just put speed of hysh on my dawn riders. I always mean to cast it with someone else but lumineth almost need a flow chart of what to cast when. I tried going for lambient light, but it wasn't always helpful if I was being honest. I may put it on my cathallar in the future just because she will be walking with my wardens up the field.

• Like 3

I  have a query about the ballistas.  Do the Blinding bolts also do damage in the same way as Starshard bolts or do they only give -1 to hit.  You still have to hit and there is only one attack profile, but they are called different names.  I like to err on the side of caution, so don't want to gain something I'm not supposed to.

53 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I  have a query about the ballistas.  Do the Blinding bolts also do damage in the same way as Starshard bolts or do they only give -1 to hit.  You still have to hit and there is only one attack profile, but they are called different names.  I like to err on the side of caution, so don't want to gain something I'm not supposed to.

Yeah, you use the same attack profile. It just adds the extra effect for one volley of attacks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I played a few games with lumineth, and I gotta say there is a whole lot that can go wrong or right with them in any given game. I got lucky with my last game and had gotten the top of turn for every round, and it was pretty harrowing making sure I had every buff in place in order to withstand a charge from a bunch of very angry Bullgors. The lord-regeant really did prove himself vital with this, as the Greater power of Hysh spell is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. When combined with my wardens it allowed me to get an offensive buff off in addition to ethereal blessings / Protection of hysh, which gave them a whole lot of longevity.

Also finally learned to just put speed of hysh on my dawn riders. I always mean to cast it with someone else but lumineth almost need a flow chart of what to cast when. I tried going for lambient light, but it wasn't always helpful if I was being honest. I may put it on my cathallar in the future just because she will be walking with my wardens up the field.

You probably also play against some good people - judging from where you play : )

Why do you think Speed on Hysh is good on the Danwriders? I usually have it on someone else (mostly Warden) and cast it onto them. With the Lord Regent it all is much more flexible though, depending on how you use him (first or as a back-up). 

What to cast when, and what to do when your spells don't go off (besides screaming and sobbing) is one of the most interesting things for me playing Lumineth. : )

14 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I agree.  If anything, I think they should have made those characters not able to interact with subfactions.  It would be basically the same thing, and make the characters feel more like heroes of the Lumineth over all, and not like Ymetrica is the only nation that produces heroes.

Not sure if I read the tomes properly, but Ymetrica allegience basically does nothing for Vanari and Scinari heroes right? So maybe the purpose of almost all heroes coming from Ymetrica is to keep the named heroes stuck with no allegiance abilities? 

Which could be a good balance consideration. 

3 hours ago, Evantas said:

Not sure if I read the tomes properly, but Ymetrica allegience basically does nothing for Vanari and Scinari heroes right? So maybe the purpose of almost all heroes coming from Ymetrica is to keep the named heroes stuck with no allegiance abilities? 

Which could be a good balance consideration. 

That's very likely the case, but it would have been better to make sure they don't have to do this. Lyrior is from a Tyrionic nation, but Ymetrica, the Twins are from Iliatha, but Ymetrica, Sevireth is from Haixiah, but is from Ymetrica. 

If it's about balance - like Koradrel mentioned above - they could just have said "can't take faction traits", it would have been better. Or make them work with everything like Eltharion and Teclis.

But the reason most likely is balance, yup. Or their faction painting scheme, so after they chose Ymetrica everyone had to be shoehorned in there. 

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

That's very likely the case, but it would have been better to make sure they don't have to do this. Lyrior is from a Tyrionic nation, but Ymetrica, the Twins are from Iliatha, but Ymetrica, Sevireth is from Haixiah, but is from Ymetrica. 

If it's about balance - like Koradrel mentioned above - they could just have said "can't take faction traits", it would have been better. Or make them work with everything like Eltharion and Teclis.

But the reason most likely is balance, yup. Or their faction painting scheme, so after they chose Ymetrica everyone had to be shoehorned in there. 

Not that i am complaing, i really love alarith lore, rules and even models (and i get SO much hate for this xD)

and i fell like playing them is so much funnier than spamming sentinels and wardens

Edited by Yondaime
  • Like 1

Now we are talking about ballista, I just thought about something... (not sure about the rules). They have multiple attacks (3 if not in bataillon). They can target different units in the same shooting phase? Therefore if they use the ability they can give -1 to-hit potentially to 3 different units?

32 minutes ago, adboyslim said:

Now we are talking about ballista, I just thought about something... (not sure about the rules). They have multiple attacks (3 if not in bataillon). They can target different units in the same shooting phase? Therefore if they use the ability they can give -1 to-hit potentially to 3 different units?

According to the wording “units that are hit” which implies it can be more than one, that seems to be the case, if you split your attacks and hot multiple units. It’s only until the end of the turn though, so if you do not get into combat within the same turn the effect is  over. 

4 hours ago, Yondaime said:

Not that i am complaing, i really love alarith lore, rules and even models (and i get SO much hate for this xD)

and i fell like playing them is so much funnier than spamming sentinels and wardens

Oh yeah, I didn’t think you are complaining : ). It’s just less fun for people like me who don’t play Ymetrica, and generally I don’t think it was a good idea to pick a faction that is so closely connected to just a small part of the Lumineth (in the lore and in the rules) as the main faction for the whole. It’s different from many other armies where usually the one they pick is the most representative of the whole, like with Stormcast, DoK etc.

But, in the end it is what it is : ). And generally they have done a good job with Lumineth. 

7 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

According to the wording “units that are hit” which implies it can be more than one, that seems to be the case, if you split your attacks and hot multiple units. It’s only until the end of the turn though, so if you do not get into combat within the same turn the effect is  over. 

Oh yeah, I didn’t think you are complaining : ). It’s just less fun for people like me who don’t play Ymetrica, and generally I don’t think it was a good idea to pick a faction that is so closely connected to just a small part of the Lumineth (in the lore and in the rules) as the main faction for the whole. It’s different from many other armies where usually the one they pick is the most representative of the whole, like with Stormcast, DoK etc.

But, in the end it is what it is : ). And generally they have done a good job with Lumineth. 

Yeah the only unit that REALLY disappointed me are the bladelords

I expected heartguard zerkers and i got auric but worst xD

Imagine if we had a elite battleine that wasnt good only in ymetrica

• Like 2

@GrimDork That's how it works.  Which is why I would have rather had them have a rule that prevents them from gaining a subfaction keyword, especially since most of them aren't from Ymetrica.

Anyway, on a more positive note, just finished reading through BR: Teclis!  The characters I wound up enjoying the most were Manfred and the Twins.  I liked Manfred for being Manfred, and his "whelp, I tried everyone!  Now I'm gonna go stab someone in the back..." nature.  But I really liked how the Twins worked into the story, especially with their short story tie-in.  I would buy the hell out of novel of them teleporting around the Realms getting into trouble!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@GrimDork That's how it works.  Which is why I would have rather had them have a rule that prevents them from gaining a subfaction keyword, especially since most of them aren't from Ymetrica.

Anyway, on a more positive note, just finished reading through BR: Teclis!  The characters I wound up enjoying the most were Manfred and the Twins.  I liked Manfred for being Manfred, and his "whelp, I tried everyone!  Now I'm gonna go stab someone in the back..." nature.  But I really liked how the Twins worked into the story, especially with their short story tie-in.  I would buy the hell out of novel of them teleporting around the Realms getting into trouble!

Yeah I hope they make a novel with them in the future. 

• Like 1

@Acid_Nine Heh, glad I wasn't the one to say it first, but I agree.  I think this is a case of GW wanting people to like these new concept uniys, so they're the heroes who save the Lumineth a good 70% if the time (the other 25% being Teclis, and then 5% to Eltharion).  As someone who almost dropped the army as soon as it came out, I'm not really a fan.  No offense to our Alarith bretheren, and I don't begrudge them a chance to shine.  It just seems a shame that they did little to highlight the newer units that came out.  Even Tyrion's right hand Lord Regent mostly just.....rallied the Alarith.

59 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Well, since I killed the discussion for a bit, I'll leave this link here.  Facehammer did a pretty good breakdown of three potential lists, it's worth a listen.

I've watched this and it is one of the better shows out there for Lumineth, focusing on the rules and strategies rather than complaining or trolling about our rules.. 🙂

• Like 2

@Siegfried VII I agree.  The breakdowns on not just what the list does, but what each unit is trying to accomplish and why certain battalions were chosen was really good.  That final list they went over almost made me want to play Alarith from a tactical perspective.  And I think one of the most interesting take-aways was the line, "The Loremaster is a character you start all of your listbuilding from, and then justify why not to take him, instead of the other way around."   I actually want to give it a second listen when I'm not at work and can concentrate fully on what they're talking about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Well, since I killed the discussion for a bit, I'll leave this link here.  Facehammer did a pretty good breakdown of three potential lists, it's worth a listen.

I love this alone for the pure Loremaster enthusiasm extraordinaire. It's basically - you know what would make this list better? A Loremaster. How can we improve on that list - let's add a Loremaster. This list here is good, but a Loremaster would be an improvement. And you know what you could do with a Loremaster .... spells, items ... . Weeeeee. 

Finally a just fun review as Siegfried mentioned. It's possible to do those for the Lumineth, so thumbs up! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I love this alone for the pure Loremaster enthusiasm extraordinaire. It's basically - you know what would make this list better? A Loremaster. How can we improve on that list - let's add a Loremaster. This list here is good, but a Loremaster would be an improvement. And you know what you could do with a Loremaster .... spells, items ... . Weeeeee. 

Finally a just fun review as Siegfried mentioned. It's possible to do those for the Lumineth, so thumbs up! 

Personally i found the loremaster to be incostitent, what if you got a mission with falling objective? also he is to much fragile

Also since is a unique character he cant neither have artifacts and command traits

i know in the builder he can but the builder its screwed, the hurakanb spirit its listed as hero lol

Hi all! I wanted to feedback a bit on my first battle! Some of you helped me to understand how to perform against Skaven. It went pretty good as my opponent concede at turn 3. 
The only think that disappointed me is the shrine. It was a mission with 6 objectives (and diagonale setup) and I had to setup it very very far. So not useful. 
Loreseeker was gold. He was alone and survived 3 turn. He cast the rune between his unit (thanks to aetherquartz) on t1. A lot of damages, took 1 objective (only for 1 turn) and killed a flamethrower T1. Then he distracted some clan rats. And cast ambient light next turns for max damages on acolytes. 
I realized how the cathallar was good when she died because of vermin lord on T3. The next battleshock was terrible. 
Bladelord was very good as well. They was only 5. They well protected my cathallar and the 3 remaining for close combat did 19 attacks on rats!

Dawnriders with speed of hysh did a very good T1 but died after. 
Calligrave was soso but I made the mistake to keep it in the shrine. 
It was a great party. Very tricky to think about everything (especially during setup) but I liked playing LRL!

• Like 4