Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Yeah I’m pretty sad about them too. I was really keen to have them as my awesome big unit of elite bros who slice through everything. But as is I’m struggling to even put 5 in a list and not feel like the 120pts could be spent elsewhere.

But they look cool so I’ll probably always have a unit of 5 in my lists. 

Alright so I’ve been playing around with Lumineth for a while now (mostly as Grand Alliance Order as I buy new units to add each week), but I’ve now come to a difficult conclusion. I like the army, and I like all the models (Sentinels are my least favourite but I still like them enough to want a unit of them), but there’s just too much going on with them too many rules to remember. I’ve been playing mostly with Alarith stuff + named heroes, but when I use Vanari units I just can’t remember everything (as is I’m always forgetting Eltharion ignores hit and wound modifiers or Teclis mortal wounds ability if he’s targeted by a spell).

the problem is if I only do Alarith stuff then there’s so many cool models I’m missing out on, and I’m really confused what to do honestly 

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Alright so I’ve been playing around with Lumineth for a while now (mostly as Grand Alliance Order as I buy new units to add each week), but I’ve now come to a difficult conclusion. I like the army, and I like all the models (Sentinels are my least favourite but I still like them enough to want a unit of them), but there’s just too much going on with them too many rules to remember. I’ve been playing mostly with Alarith stuff + named heroes, but when I use Vanari units I just can’t remember everything (as is I’m always forgetting Eltharion ignores hit and wound modifiers or Teclis mortal wounds ability if he’s targeted by a spell).

the problem is if I only do Alarith stuff then there’s so many cool models I’m missing out on, and I’m really confused what to do honestly 

Have you used AoS Reminders? Super helpful. In addition I use all kind of markers, both from the army box as well as from the Warscroll Cards. The rest is just playing. 

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys now after all the models are revealed, what would be a good 1000 points competitive list to start of with? Which heroes would be worth?

We have a lot of options now, what do you like? The game isn’t really balanced for 1,000 points though. Eltharion is great in 1,000 points lists, as well as Avalenor for example. 

Edited by LuminethMage

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

stuff like AoS reminders will be your friend, which can break down for you what happens in which phase. Be patient with yourself too, it's a lot of moving parts.

things that help me:

1. unless you are setting up a twinstone wombo combo or doing shinanegans with teclis, strictly going from one side of the board to the other will always be good.  I usually go from left to right, and activate the units I come across that way.

2. Always look at your warscroll when you touch and activate units to remind yourself what they do. I played with my morrsarr guard for 2 years straight and could recite the scroll in my sleep, but I still look at the card. when you do stuff, walk yourself through the attacks and saves as well as your opponent by saying out out loud.

3. Color code your units and write it down in the list building software you use. Either paint the bases red, green, blue, or paint certain aspects of their robes or highlights that color. that will help differentiate the units from each other if you have multiples of the same thing, like wardens. 

• Like 1

I was playing around with a 1k list but I’ve got 130pts to spend.

Heroes 

- Eltharion

Battleline 

- 10x Wardens

- 10x Wardens

- 20x Sentinels

- 5x Dawnriders

I was considering chucking in 5 bladelords for lolz but they don’t have anyone to protect so I’m not sure. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Heroes 

- Eltharion

Battleline 

- 10x Wardens

- 10x Wardens

- 20x Sentinels

- 5x Dawnriders

I was considering chucking in 5 bladelords for lolz but they don’t have anyone to protect so I’m not sure. 

can't go wrong with a calligrave or a ballista if you got them!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys now after all the models are revealed, what would be a good 1000 points competitive list to start of with? Which heroes would be worth?

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

Heroes 

- Eltharion

Battleline 

- 10x Wardens

- 10x Wardens

- 20x Sentinels

- 5x Dawnriders

Well, this list is pretty much what I've been playing.  It's fun, not too "complex" (although I totally second the AOS reminders app/site to help out). I only have 10 sentinel, so I toss in my Cathalar, and sometime the Rune of Pet.  Of course, this was before the MASSIVE release.... so maybe a Balista or one of the three Scinari (I like the Cathallar's Absorb Despair ability...)?  

990LRLList.pdf 1000ptwLoECathStoneMage2Wardens1Dawn1Sentinels.pdf

• Like 1

Also!  Not sure if I shared this or not but.... experimenting with converting war scrolls to a more portable style (like Sw:Legion if y’all are familiar) printed on regular paper and hope to try out during games.  If it works out I’ll try them on card stock. 

CBCD5C6B-247B-40BE-BB49-3448ABFD1120.jpeg

83B54B49-1396-4CCB-B891-000261546767.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 1

This is the direction I think I'm going with my 1k army after the addition of our new units.

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Lumineth) [980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Hurakan Windmage [120pts]: 3. Loremaster, 6. Transporting Vortex, General

Scinari Loreseeker [160pts]: 0. Waystone, 4. Ethereal Blessing

+ Battleline +

Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels, 5. Total Eclipse

Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens, 4. Ethereal Blessing

Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens, 6. Protection of Hysh

Vanari Bladelords [120pts]: 5 Vanari Bladelords

Vanari Dawnriders [130pts]: 1. Speed of Hysh, 5 Vanari Dawnriders, Standard Bearer, Steedmaster

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Lumineth: Alumnia

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Rune of Petrification [70pts]

++ Total: [980pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace

There’s a tournament coming up in about a months time that I’m considering going to just for fun (haven’t been to one in a while, but I used to attend most of our local ones just for fun/get to play more games). I have about 3 weeks to buy more stuff but this is what I’ve got in the last month I’ve been playing Lumineth: Teclis, Eltharion, Avalenor, Myari Lightcaller, Myaris Purifiers, 1x5 Stoneguard, endless spells.

‘current list I’m thinking about, since it’s the easiest to complete in time, is this:

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Ymetrica
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
- General
Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)

Battleline
5 x Alarith Stoneguard (100)
- Stone Mallets
- Diamondpick Hammers
- Diamondpick Hammers

Behemoths
Alarith Spirit of the Mountain (340)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84

Tell me how bad it is 😂

37 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

There’s a tournament coming up in about a months time that I’m considering going to just for fun (haven’t been to one in a while, but I used to attend most of our local ones just for fun/get to play more games). I have about 3 weeks to buy more stuff but this is what I’ve got in the last month I’ve been playing Lumineth: Teclis, Eltharion, Avalenor, Myari Lightcaller, Myaris Purifiers, 1x5 Stoneguard, endless spells.

‘current list I’m thinking about, since it’s the easiest to complete in time, is this:

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Ymetrica
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
- General
Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)

Battleline
- Stone Mallets
- Diamondpick Hammers
- Diamondpick Hammers

Behemoths

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84

Tell me how bad it is 😂

I don't care how bad it is, I am just impressed you have three battle cows!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Joseph Mackay I think you're going to really struggle on objectives friend.  You'll be relying on Teclis' new teleport to try and get your Stoneguard around, which is going to hamper Teclis' effectiveness.

I don’t have the new battletome yet so I haven’t even looked into the new spells (but I will have it for the tournament). I don’t generally think about the battleplans when I’m making lists (and a lot of the time it bites me 😂). Just taking into consideration what I said earlier about struggling to remember everything when I use Vanari, Scinari and Alarith together, what models I currently have, and how much time I have left to buy and paint more, this seemed like the easiest list to complete in the time I have (assuming Stoneguard are available as they keep going in and out of stock on the webstore in my area and the gw only carries 1 box at a time)

2 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Well, glanced through the conversation about Bladelords. At the very least, they can definitely provide some quality padding between Mages and hero snipers. Even if I never include them till points adjustments, or the next tome (hopefully not), I'm going to acquire and paint me 20 minimal lol 😅.

PdGYqct.jpg

omZ8oN7.jpg

zu7DseD.jpg

MOEbhqn.jpg

Dude!!!  Thanks for the pics. They do look sweet.  The alt poses rock. Considering getting some other heads from Eternal Guard for one set. ‘Cause why not.... I’m getting 10, and I’m prob gonna use them all the time for cool factor. And guarding my wizards. 
How do they look painting access wise? Would you do any sub-assemblies?

I’m a firm believer that the teleport spell and the new ballistas dazzling folks is the answer my Ymetrica force has been dreaming of.  I’ve been trying a lot of Duo-Cow + Teclis lists and I think the extra 340 points for things to help run the gauntlet and get your scoring into position, and stay there, is a bit more helpful.  I’ve basically abandoned magic outside of bringing Teclis but with 5 man hammer bro squads I think you’ll miss the reroll saves in combat the stonemage gives you in the battalion.  He’s also good for deploying a free 6” run through your cows free command ability, and the mage symbiosis rule is too good to pass up on the behemoths.  Leaves you a few points for rune of petrification which is good for these slow Lumineth lists.

@Wyliekyote No problem!

As for sub-assemblies, the Bladelords are definitely pretty forgiving for full assembly 🙂. The only knick-pick I would have is probably the small sliver of surface that the back poles cover up. You can still reach them, but it might be a bit of a chore. Also be careful how you position the weapons themselves, there's a little room to pose the blades and still the glue connections be smug. It's a smidge of difference, but that's all it takes to have a sword above the knee of a Bladelord or the pommel resting on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Do we have any new lore sections on the new battletome? Hints at the river warriors and temple? Rumors of what Tyrion is doing? Haven’t bought it yet and was just curious.

No, not as such. The new units have a lore section each which have contain some new information, and then BR Teclis has some new lore parts, but that part in the new Battletome is wholly unchanged (the general lore sections and short stories). If you have the old Battletome and buy BR Teclis you really get all the new stuff. 

That said, sometimes the little new details we get, could hint at much larger things to come. For example @Siegfried VII noticed this little gem among new Lumineth symbols that they showed: 

640C1A38-5261-48F4-BC66-D22D4B4A3F3F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Do we have any new lore sections on the new battletome? Hints at the river warriors and temple? Rumors of what Tyrion is doing? Haven’t bought it yet and was just curious.

BR: Teclis does mention that Tyrion is busy fighting something "even more dangerous than Nagash."

I am due to play a couple of games over the next few weeks and I want to come up with a 2000 point army that doesn't include Teclis.  I have come up with the following list and would appreciate any advice on changes / tactics.  I'm hoping this should be fairly varied and fun to play.

Lumineth Realm Lords (Age of Sigmar) [2,000pts]

Helon

• **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Lumineth) [2,000pts]

• Leader [1,050pts]

• Alarith Stonemage [130pts]

• Avalenor The Stoneheart King [360pts]

• Hurakan Windmage [120pts]

• Scinari Cathallar [140pts]

• Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind [300pts]

• Battleline [520pts]

• Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]