Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 hours ago, Nubgan said:

I'm honestly thinking I just chop this entire section out between the lines to be fair. I already have a couple bending at the bottom line, so it's a bit of a weak point. 

@LuminethMage, yeah I'm thinking the same with the amount of bodies, but to get to 2k quickly it's the cheapest route, I can replace Teclis further down the line with Cow and cow troops if I wanted variety, or even just more varnari. 

15993846758383017730575849905056.jpg

That’s a nice colour scheme. And I like your list. I agree, looks like a good way to get to 2,000. As I plan to take Teclis and 2 Cathallar, my list will also be short of models. It’s just something to take in mind. I’m looking forward to the experiences of more people. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

I feel this is the first Army were the advertising has been so flat out wrong and misleading on so many levels.
Often I see comments by people who are interested and excited by the "interchangeability / customizeability" of the Army and they are just being deceived.... . I know it has been discussed, but phrases like this annoy me quite a bit. grafik.png.1390e6e3f3f6db2fdff07626d0483837.png

You know, when compared to Eternal Guard or other Dual Kits its just a Joke.
Maybe it would be quite iteresting to discuss this changing trend od modeling in another Thread. It is intriguing how GW seems to shift away from Dual-Kits. People are often expecting them to be developed (remember how we all rooted for the possible Dual Kits for the Pointy Aelves?) 
But this "trend" to steer away from Dual Kits is not so easily layed out - aren't a few new Daughters of Khaine Models Dual-Kits? Or Tree- and Spite-Revenants? Kurnoth Hunters? So yes I get it, it is not all doom and gloom. 
Sorry my annoyance got the better of me. :/

• Like 1

"These releases complete the initial Lumineth Realm-lords range and round out their tactical toolbox. Keep an eye out for a closer look at them throughout the week, including a series of videos to show you how to paint them up in all their gleaming glory!"

Next waves sooner than expected?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

"These releases complete the initial Lumineth Realm-lords range and round out their tactical toolbox. Keep an eye out for a closer look at them throughout the week, including a series of videos to show you how to paint them up in all their gleaming glory!"

Next waves sooner than expected?

Well we still have the underworlds warband to come, after that, perhaps the next set of releases come with "broken realms: teclis"?

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 2

Finally, this week is much more interesting to me. Im definitely getting at least one Mountain Spirit and Stone Mage. From the pictures im expecting the Stoneguard to be 5 per set, which would greatly annoy me. 

Speaking of the stone-y guys. Did anyone try out the rune of petrification yet? I I only played it once so far. Its a bit expensive points wise but I kinda like it. Since it triggers twice, players are often trying to maneuver around it. So it could be really useful to deny an area. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I feel this is the first Army were the advertising has been so flat out wrong and misleading on so many levels.
Often I see comments by people who are interested and excited by the "interchangeability / customizeability" of the Army and they are just being deceived.... . I know it has been discussed, but phrases like this annoy me quite a bit. grafik.png.1390e6e3f3f6db2fdff07626d0483837.png

You know, when compared to Eternal Guard or other Dual Kits its just a Joke.
Maybe it would be quite iteresting to discuss this changing trend od modeling in another Thread. It is intriguing how GW seems to shift away from Dual-Kits. People are often expecting them to be developed (remember how we all rooted for the possible Dual Kits for the Pointy Aelves?) 
But this "trend" to steer away from Dual Kits is not so easily layed out - aren't a few new Daughters of Khaine Models Dual-Kits? Or Tree- and Spite-Revenants? Kurnoth Hunters? So yes I get it, it is not all doom and gloom. 
Sorry my annoyance got the better of me. :/

I have to admit I was slightly puzzled, having built Wardens and Dawnriders, about the amount of customisation possible.  Maybe with my next set of Wardens, I'll see if arm-swaps are possible.  The claim does feel like a bit of a stretch at the moment, though.

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I have to admit I was slightly puzzled, having built Wardens and Dawnriders, about the amount of customisation possible.  Maybe with my next set of Wardens, I'll see if arm-swaps are possible.  The claim does feel like a bit of a stretch at the moment, though.

The only thing I really feel you can do different is the warden where you have to glue the shoe on and the faces on all the models. 

Most of the cities of Sigmar models (the wh fantasy Models) seem to make customization much better (at least the wood elf range (eternal guard kit).

I'm not sure what difference to can make with the Dawnriders and the wardens really are.. maybe the way to have the arms differently with the sergeant?

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I'm not sure what difference to can make with the Dawnriders and the wardens really are.. maybe the way to have the arms differently with the sergeant?

At least the unit champions have some variation; for the troops it seems to be heads and shields, which doesn't lead to much variety.  There may be some leeway in adjusting the arm positions or trying arms on other torsos than intended, but given the cost, it's not something you want to mess up.  

I wouldn't mind, but if GW are claiming customisation it would be nice if they would give a little detail as to the possibilities - perhaps even some photos showing alternative builds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

At least the unit champions have some variation; for the troops it seems to be heads and shields, which doesn't lead to much variety.  There may be some leeway in adjusting the arm positions or trying arms on other torsos than intended, but given the cost, it's not something you want to mess up.  

I wouldn't mind, but if GW are claiming customisation it would be nice if they would give a little detail as to the possibilities - perhaps even some photos showing alternative builds.

That's all I can come up with too after building 30 Wardens. You can angle the arms differently ... a bit .... , and there are a lot of small differences on the models to make a lot of combinations (this body symbol with that shield and this head, some are standing on stones, some are not poses are different), so technically they are customizable I guess (?), but I don't think that's the way most of us would understand it. 

I like the uniformity, it fits with their more army classic army like style, but the advertising could lead to people being disappointed. 

• Like 3

I’m real tempted to get 2 moo mountains to build 1 as Avalenor and the other as a normal one... but money.

@Gecktron, I haven’t had the chance to use it yet but it looks pretty great and I’ll be putting it in my lists. High casting value means I’ll probably never get to cast it as Ymetrica, but the areal denial capabilities seem very good.

@Aelfric and @LuminethMage Thanks for your answers. I like the Uniformity too, infact itis one of the reasons why I like this Army so much - it looks like a disciplined Army. :)
That aside, I was justbothered by the marketing and I agree, some examples by GW about customization options would be great. 
I will try a few Headswaps on Unit Leaders or the Dawnrider Banner-Bearer. But all of them wearing Helmets is also cool in reinforcing that cohesive Army Theme.

Edit:
@Enoby regarding the Cow-Mountains:
Maybe Lore reasons could come into play when choosing a generic Avatar? As far as I understood it, the Lumineth fashion the War-Constructs with the Cow masks themselves and persuade the Spirit to reside within the construct to then fight alongside the Aelves. Whereas Avalenor is pretty much independant and was just always here, at least the Warhammer Community Article about him didn't go into any Detail I think. So when using a generic Avatar you could customize it a bit giving it the flavour of a certain Stone-Temple.   

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Speaking of the cows, besides not having enough points to include the named hero, what reasons would you include the generic spirit over the king? The 20 points extra seems to give you tonnes more, but I feel I must be missing something.

In addition, Avalenor has the Ymetrica keyword on his warscroll, so if you play him with anything else, he can’t get the factions abilities (like the extra Aetherquartz from Syar). 

Still, with all that said, you probably want to take him and just take the Spirit as your second mountain option in many cases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

In addition, Avalenor has the Ymetrica keyword on his warscroll, so if you play him with anything else, he can’t get the factions abilities (like the extra Aetherquartz from Syar). 

Still, with all that said, you probably want to take him and just take the Spirit as your second mountain option in many cases. 

It's one of those things. The main benefit to the generic cow is being able to take it outside of Ymetrica, but all the Aralith stuff has such tight internal synergy that if you're using them at all you almost certainly want to play Ymetrica anyway.  Needed if you want to run two of them I guess.

• Like 1

Question, does the Alarith batallion only let one unit of stoneguard reroll their saves, or any within range of a hero?

Planning a Ymetrica list but not sure if its worth having my MSU stoneguard have a rerollable 4+.

Not too worried about drops since I dont play super competitively

It’s all units of stoneguard within range of any hero within the battalion. So if you have Avalenor and the Stonemage in there You have a pretty nice aura range. Remember it’s only in melee though but still seems to be the most useful of all the battalions imo. I really want to try it out myself too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got two lists I was tinkering around with:

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Zaitrec

Leaders
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Fast Learner
- Artefact: Gift of Celennar
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
-Lore of Hysh: Total Eclipse

Battleline
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)

Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

Total: 1230 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 75

This would be the run of the mill Vanari to start me off.  A simple two-drop, the idea is to increase my movement and limit theirs. Twinstones will help with that and making sure that Overwhelming Heat goes off against chaff that will be a pain to remove off key objectives.

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Ymetrica
Alarith Stonemage (130)
- General
- Command Trait: Almighty Blow
- Artefact: Mountain's Gift
- Lore of the High Peaks: Crippling Vertigo
10 x Alarith Stoneguard (200)
- Diamondpick Hammers
10 x Alarith Stoneguard (200)
- Diamondpick Hammers
Alarith Spirit of the Mountain (340)
Alarith Temple (120)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 77

This is a Alarith list, I'm not sure about how viable a pure Alarith list is, but I think it would be pretty fun to test out. Got some Dawnriders, to try and snipe objectives, being that Alarith move slow af.