Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I reckon seraphon will probably go up for preorder in the next couple of weeks. There is nothing else for aos we're expecting now the latest Warcry stuff is up. 

They still haven't released all the Warcry stuff, actually. There's also yet another PA awakening book and a big pile of unreleased SoB models. All in all though, I think Seraphon will be out within the nest month.

Luminith Realmlords I think will be out late March, given the lack of anything else announced to fill that slot. By then it will be adepticon and they'll announce Sons of Behemoth as the next big thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of warcry, I really hope these guys get a booster pack for that game. I think they could be interesting, and the potential elites be be a fun add. 

I just hope they have a loremaster type wizard. there is so many cool stories that could be done with a wandering wizard swordsman in this setting outside of that wanderer guy.

11 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I hope they have fun and interesting rules that allow them to be distinct as a faction that can hold it's own, but without being so overpowered that they are neither fun to play or play against.  I hope that's not too much to ask.

Same!

i don‘t want the DoK Situation all over again

• Like 1

my 2 cents on predictions:

Teclis is trying to recreate old high elves, so I would expect him to try and have units that fill the generic units within the high elves (so spearmen [check], silverhelms [check], archers [very likely check], bolt thrower, and chariot). Teclis was also heavily related to hoeth, and as they were in the reveal trailer for pointy elves, sword masters/2 handed swordsmen is quite likely, as are reavers

for monsters/monstrous mounts  dragons or very dragon like (in appearance or ability) is quite likely due to being something very intertwined with high elf armies, as are great eagles or something very similar to great eagles, so both of those are quite likely. I imagine one or both of the units we've seen will be duel kits. the cavalry being silverhelm and reaver equivalents and the infantry being either spearmen and archer equivalents or spearmen and swordmaster equivalents.  I also imagine the mounted heroe will be a duel kit, and riding a dragon-like thing. being the equvilent to the dragon-lord/dragon-mage kit, and I imagine we'll get mage and non-mage generic foot heroes. I think 2 more non-behemoth, non-hero, non-artillery kits are a given. as well as atleast 1 behemoth.

personally I would like...

2 infantry kits: spearmen/swordmasters (spearmen in this army being professionals rather then the citizen soldiers of uthuan) and archers/medium infantry [medium infantry is probably unrealistic to expect tho, think roman legionaries; shields, javelins and swords, shock troops. i just think the concept fits elves well), 1 horse cavalry kit: lance cav (as seen) and horse archers, 1 eagle cavalry/rider kit: lance and archer variants (able to use magic?), 1 dragon rider kit, being the mounted hero and behemoth combined: lord/general and mage versions.  lastly 2 more foot heroes and eltharion, 1 being mage, 1 being leftenant hero

the issue with my hopes is that the eagle riders might be too similar in role to the horse stuff, and having swordmasters being a grade above spearmen probably works better for game purposes (and medium infantry is an unlikely concept)

On 1/25/2020 at 6:17 AM, Acid_Nine said:

Unfortunately I think end times made sure that realm was destroyed by slaanesh and a betrayal by bretonnia. but there could be fluff referencing this, maybe as a source of power to avoid the flaws that the idoneth and Daughters have?

I know this is a late reply, but it was not destroyed in the end times. chaos learns of it and the main characters loose contact with it and they assume it was destroyed but later in another book they reveal it was cut off due to chaos influence on the world that was. so chaos has likely tried to destroy it but it has not been confirmed either way.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I hope they have fun and interesting rules that allow them to be distinct as a faction that can hold it's own, but without being so overpowered that they are neither fun to play or play against.  I hope that's not too much to ask.

Will try not derail the topic, but i think an issue is AoS in general is the Summoning Armies X Non Summon armies.  If an army has no acess to "infinte" troops, they have to be an alpha/deepstrike/strenght to keep itself on the field.

I think that is one of the biggest challenge in AoS balance nowadays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I've seen a couple of people saying that swordmasters were in the reveal trailer but I can't find them. Can anyone point them out for me?

I saw then only on the teaser trailer for "pointy elves" and it was the sketches of the old school ones.

3 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I've seen a couple of people saying that swordmasters were in the reveal trailer but I can't find them. Can anyone point them out for me?

Not in the proper reveal trailer, but the old concept art of the Swordmasters was shown in the initial “Pointy Aelf” teaser trailer, along with Teclis, spearmen, archers and reavers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heh, while I wish Swordmasters were in the reveal, they were not, unless they were hidden in some of the concept art shown.

And while we are drawing parallels between old High Elf units and what we want in the book, I think Teclis' model has proved they are still going to add in AOS-style high fantasy weirdness.  If only so they can make it unique from the High Elves of old. 

How quick we've also forgotten our earlier talk of flaws.  I think it would be neat to have a unit that shows the darker side of what Teclis is trying to do.

3 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Heh, while I wish Swordmasters were in the reveal, they were not, unless they were hidden in some of the concept art shown.

And while we are drawing parallels between old High Elf units and what we want in the book, I think Teclis' model has proved they are still going to add in AOS-style high fantasy weirdness.  If only so they can make it unique from the High Elves of old. 

How quick we've also forgotten our earlier talk of flaws.  I think it would be neat to have a unit that shows the darker side of what Teclis is trying to do.

I’d still like a unit of hollow armour to follow the character around. 

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Question for the artists better than i:

I dread paiting white and i am a really slow painter.  Anyone i could get to a similar ivory white showed on the infantry in a few lazy steps?

Think contrast over white will do the trick?

Wraithbone undercoat.

Drybrush with skull white

use heavily thinned down skeleton horde and afterwards if you like a heavily thinned down yellow contrast 

• Like 1

Does anyone think the Luminoth will *not* have any Dragons or Dragon Princes and that may be a distinction between them and the Tyrion Elves? I could see those becoming the army with a Varanguard equivalent or maybe even pushing the Knight Titan equivalent with a handful of legit dragons.

Im expecting these to be more like a classic combined arms high elf army, maybe with some Eagles or Griffons at the upper end (besides Teclis) 

Any thoughts on current units we might see pulled into them(Swordmasters and Loremaster seem obvious), or do we think it'll be 100% new units? 

I think Swordmaster/Loremaster unit/characters are almost a given considering Teclis' White Tower background.  For him that was the pinnacle of High Elf society, so I can't see him not wanting to bring that into the current age, especially since Hysh is supposed to be all about Enlightenment.

That said, Celennar points to the fact that they will want to add some sort of fantastical elements to the army as well.  I think we'll see not just re-imagined units, but an evolution of the old High Elves as well.  From a lore standpoint, I am intesnely curious as to why they are calling them the Realm-Lords.  Is the this because the rule Hysh, or because they are trying to bring their "Enlightenment" through force to the other realms?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Namiriel said:

Does anyone think the Luminoth will *not* have any Dragons or Dragon Princes and that may be a distinction between them and the Tyrion Elves? I could see those becoming the army with a Varanguard equivalent or maybe even pushing the Knight Titan equivalent with a handful of legit dragons.

Im expecting these to be more like a classic combined arms high elf army, maybe with some Eagles or Griffons at the upper end (besides Teclis) 

Any thoughts on current units we might see pulled into them(Swordmasters and Loremaster seem obvious), or do we think it'll be 100% new units? 

I’d prefer more monsters like the aspect of hysh (or whatever the thing was called, light of hysh maybe? Forget it’s name tho)

anyways the thing that looks like a sphinx griffon thingy. I absolutely adore that part of the model and would buy it to proxy as a dragon anyways lol. 

I also think eagles could be a bit too much like phoenixes so depending on how badly they want to set them apart we might not see birds (although they look so different I don’t see the issue, but gw might want to keep that apart idk) 

im hoping for a subfaction that gets additional bonuses against idoneth to show their disgust at the flawed elves. The whole ****** purity thing gives them a nice grey area, sure they fight daemons but they still badguys from the right perspective. And we all know elves have a history of feeling above everyone else so it makes sense to get a racist subfaction 

12 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I think Swordmaster/Loremaster unit/characters are almost a given considering Teclis' White Tower background.  For him that was the pinnacle of High Elf society, so I can't see him not wanting to bring that into the current age, especially since Hysh is supposed to be all about Enlightenment.

That said, Celennar points to the fact that they will want to add some sort of fantastical elements to the army as well.  I think we'll see not just re-imagined units, but an evolution of the old High Elves as well.  From a lore standpoint, I am intesnely curious as to why they are calling them the Realm-Lords.  Is the this because the rule Hysh, or because they are trying to bring their "Enlightenment" through force to the other realms?

I hope it’s the by force thing. I like it when order armies are actually bad people lol.