Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

I doubt they will completely ignore brackets, but I could see them either having lenient brackets or tools to manipulate them somehow. If they are anything like the dread saurian with 35 wounds at that point level, they will also have to take more than 12 wounds to even reach the first bracket. That is quite a lot of damage needed to even do anything to reduce the output of your opponents army after all already.

This rule is just fun and actually unique and involves some consideration, I really like that and maybe, just maybe it will be more than 1 mega gargant project if the other SoB rules are equally interesting and most importantly fun.

• Like 1

Hello fellow gargant enthusiasts. After a long time of forum creeping I thought I jump in on the SoB hypetrain.

I love the models and can't wait to get my hands on the first mega-gargant to convert him.

The rule preview looks promising and fun, but I am eager to see the survivability of the megas. I have had bad experiences in losing my big monsters before they can do anything (one time two and a half Bloodthirster in round 1 to KO shooting - needless to say the game was over after that).

I am a bit nervous about losing the big guys to fast to have any impact. Our DoK player is especially good in eliminating big things with his witch aelf blender and keeping them save until then.

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Sayuga said:

Hello fellow gargant enthusiasts. After a long time of forum creeping I thought I jump in on the SoB hypetrain.

I love the models and can't wait to get my hands on the first mega-gargant to convert him.

The rule preview looks promising and fun, but I am eager to see the survivability of the megas. I have had bad experiences in losing my big monsters before they can do anything (one time two and a half Bloodthirster in round 1 to KO shooting - needless to say the game was over after that).

I am a bit nervous about losing the big guys to fast to have any impact. Our DoK player is especially good in eliminating big things with his witch aelf blender and keeping them save until then.

Welcome brother!! Dive on in on the Gargant love!! 

3 minutes ago, peasant said:

I Hope instakill effects doesnt work properly in mega gargants something like  gotrek

Are their enought that this is an issues?  Hand of Dust and Slayer of Kings are the only ones I can think of (that effect models with lots of wounds) and both are on 800point+ unique characters and are highly situational.

a lot of new artwork, the Gargant lore is  more or less the same stuff we learn before thought there a few new tibbits here and there.

- Ymnog went into slumber and the Gargants grew in his belly, Behemat help his kin escape from his gut by giving Ymnog some moonshine and him vomiting'them out. (this is very similar to Greek mythology where Zeus freed his sibling from Kronus's stomach in a similar fashion, Behemat is Zeus confirm lol)

- Behemat has a rivalry with Gorkamorka back in the age of myth, probably the connection to why they are a destruction army

- When Behemat died, strange things start happening to the Gargants and they start to grow bigger in size (Mega Gargants), one of these gargants may eventually become a new World titan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

119979590_1509497199247068_8504961876497348270_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=jJUbK3O96TYAX-kp4sm&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=2080cd6479af99c518fead0258fd8932&oe=5F91A137Finally some rules. Already sounds like they are adding some fun and flavorful stuff.

If the mega-gargants have a 6” pile in, then this ability would be quite good, as it could make you opponent commit all his Troops elsewhere before you pile in and attack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

a lot of new artwork, the Gargant lore is  more or less the same stuff we learn before thought there a few new tibbits here and there.

- Ymnog went into slumber and the Gargants grew in his belly, Behemat help his kin escape from his gut by giving Ymnog some moonshine and him vomiting'them out. (this is very similar to Greek mythology where Zeus freed his sibling from Kronus's stomach in a similar fashion, Behemat is Zeus confirm lol)

- Behemat has a rivalry with Gorkamorka back in the age of myth, probably the connection to why they are a destruction army

- When Behemat died, strange things start happening to the Gargants and they start to grow bigger in size (Mega Gargants), one of these gargants may eventually become a new World titan.

I'm in love with all this Gargant lore, I cannot deal with all this excitement!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

I originally had this pinned at a October 10th pre-order to go with the audiobook, do we think we're now possibly an october 3rd pre-order due to the step up in articles? 😮

At least if it is, i can build the gargants and paint them whilst turning into the story :D

Probably, I'd be surprised if it wasn't announced for preorder on sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gutlord said:

This is awesome lore, love how behemat had a scuffle with gorkamorka.

Plus the part where it states 

Some even claim that one day, another World Titan will arise from the ranks of the Sons of Behemat…

all hail king brodd!!!

Mate we may actually be getting a King Brodd in a year or two!! ****** I'm beyond hyped bring on this Sunday in case of a Pre Order announcement!!

Obviously followed by wave 3, Mega'est Gargants :D

On a slightly more serious note, I'm considering converting my Sons of B into 'Sons of Gorka-morka' mega Orruks.  The main problem being I'm not confident I have the skill to re-sculpt the heads into something more Orruky.  Can anyone think of something (GW or not) that has an Orky head that would be big enough to not look silly on a mega gargant body?

• Like 1