Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've seen this posted a lot by 40K players saying how unbalanced Knights were at launch and Sons will be the same, which is quite the opposite as we dont need explosives or AP rounds to wound a Gargant, a lucky Clanrat could wound one.

Exactly, which is one of the many reasons why I prefer AoS. The other being it's primarily a melee game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Exactly, which is one of the many reasons why I prefer AoS. The other being it's primarily a melee game.

There are many many reasons I prefer AOS. Fantasy had always been more alluring to me than Sci Fi, the Factions are far more interesting to me, the Lore is better in my opinion and when it comes to the hobby itself there isnt one Faction or Army that gets 90% of releases and that is Space Marines.

They're the poster boy of the company sure, but far out if they dont get the bulk of releases. No army in AOS is treated as such and I think GW realises their mistake with 40K and is making sure it doesnt happen again.

PS. I have no problem with Space Marines or their players.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2020 at 12:09 PM, Dejnar said:

Im very sure Bonegrinder will be part. 

The post I attached hopefully "confirms" that. The link posted leads to The Bonegrinder on FW. Obviously I bought one. 😀

Screenshot_20200628-120807_Facebook.jpg

I think so. This is an earlier post I made! 

1 hour ago, Dejnar said:

I think so. This is an earlier post I made! 

As I said before, I doubt it; in fact I bet they're looking for any excuse to stop selling it knowing them. But either way, it's a big giant and if based correctly is a Son of Behemat as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't see a competing large giant model sticking around when the shiny new ones are released, at least as a part of Sons.

53 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

As I said before, I doubt it; in fact I bet they're looking for any excuse to stop selling it knowing them. But either way, it's a big giant and if based correctly is a Son of Behemat as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't see a competing large giant model sticking around when the shiny new ones are released, at least as a part of Sons.

I wouldnt be suprised to find out the Bonegrinder is discontinued once it's current stock sells through. I hope not, but I wont be surprised.

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wouldnt be suprised to find out the Bonegrinder is discontinued once it's current stock sells through. I hope not, but I wont be surprised.

Glad I picked one up regardless, as it's a cracking model. 

As I said previously, I would just use it as a mega if it didn't get rules ^^

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:25 AM, KingBrodd said:

I've seen this posted a lot by 40K players saying how unbalanced Knights were at launch and Sons will be the same, which is quite the opposite as we dont need explosives or AP rounds to wound a Gargant, a lucky Clanrat could wound one.

Indeed.

One of the gargants needs to be anti horde to some extent.

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think Kraken Eater may just be. Using his net to ensnare units perhaps?

I'd think the Warstomper would be anti-horde from the name, just stomp on all the infantry :D
Kraken-Eater for anti monster.
Gatebreaker for high armour? 

It's all so hard to guess, but you'd assume each one would cover a weakness.

I'd like to a see a stuff it in your bag upgrade to shove bigger models in your bags with them too :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

I'd think the Warstomper would be anti-horde from the name, just stomp on all the infantry :D
Kraken-Eater for anti monster.
Gatebreaker for high armour? 

It's all so hard to guess, but you'd assume each one would cover a weakness.

I'd like to a see a stuff it in your bag upgrade to shove bigger models in your bags with them too :D

Very good points mate. I also think with Sieges seeming to play a part in the games future the Megas will act as battering rams themselves and the Gatebreaker the ultimate Siege unit.

46 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Well no matter what I'm going kraken eater with three small gargants. Planning a very heavily "fishermen" theme with lots of chopped up idoneth beasts and nets etc.

I'd love to see these mate. I'm personally going with a group of Gargants from the Mountain foothill forests of either Ghur or Ghyran. Depending on their lore and sub Factions. Either way Forest/Mountain themed in winter.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd love to see these mate. I'm personally going with a group of Gargants from the Mountain foothill forests of either Ghur or Ghyran. Depending on their lore and sub Factions. Either way Forest/Mountain themed in winter.

So they will obviously have plaid shirts and thier leader will be paul bunyan! Haha its definately a faction that can be modeled heavily and easily isn't it? Another member of my gaming group plans to do blind frost gargants. Another plans all siege gargants covered in armour and wielding hammers and mauls. Models so large give such canvas for creativity.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is going to be too miffed about you using another gargant as counts as another type. It's pretty easy in a game with like 2-3 of these tops to remember which is which.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

So they will obviously have plaid shirts and thier leader will be paul bunyan! Haha its definately a faction that can be modeled heavily and easily isn't it? Another member of my gaming group plans to do blind frost gargants. Another plans all siege gargants covered in armour and wielding hammers and mauls. Models so large give such canvas for creativity.

Frost Gargants was my second choice!! Though I've no idea how to pull of the Blueish skin tone.

I cannot wait to see the creativity everyone comes up with. The Aleguzzler itself ive seen converted in so many fantastic ways I cant imagine what these brutes will bring.

9 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I've got an old 5th ed metal giant I'm going to re-base and ally into my ogres. I just have 1 (one) very important question: What color should I paint his pants?

****** I love that model so much.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, a74xhx said:

Mancrushers: One set of three can be split however you like, the rest must be taken in threes.

Huh? But it`s written that they are battline in SoB army, (and max unit size counts as 3), so what`s stopping someone from taking 9 solo mancrushers and mega-gargant?

53 minutes ago, Boar said:

Huh? But it`s written that they are battline in SoB army, (and max unit size counts as 3), so what`s stopping someone from taking 9 solo mancrushers and mega-gargant?

Yeah I can see how people are reading it like that but I don't think it's indicating that only one group would be seperate or not in the ghb. I think it's more likely every mancrusher will be an independent model (like units of armiger's) even tho a minimum of 3 in a "unit" is needed to fufill battle line reqs for sob. Just makes it easier to balance the army around.

Will have to wait for the rulebook and see. But otherwise it seems needlessly complicated 

Edited by Riavan

2 hours ago, Boar said:

Points. Mancrushers are 180/480. but 3 solo mancrushers is 540.
The other gargants are 480 or 490.
so if you run 3 of the 490 point one you would hit 1470 points and be unable to run any solo gargants

if you run 2 of the 490 point one and one 480 point one you would hit 1460 points and be able to run 3 solo gargants.

if you run 9 solo mancrushers you would hit 1620 points, and you can't fit a mega gargant in the list to be your general.

Basically the army has 4 500 point slots when listbuilding, and you can usually only run 3 solo gargants before being forced to squad them up. Although I suspect most lists will have the choice between running the 3 solo gargants or a bonus command point.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Boar said:

Points.

2x3 mancrushers plus 3 individual mancrushers is 1500 points. That leaves you with 500 points to fill with a hero.

9 individual mancrushers is 1620 points. That leaves you with 380 points to fill with a hero. We have no way of filling that.

I guess if you really really want you mancrushers to be solo you could do 8 individual mancrushers and a mega garagant and then buy a CP.

EDIT: Exactly what @Ganigumo just said :D

Edited by a74xhx
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Basically the army has 4 500 point slots when listbuilding, and you can usually only run 3 solo gargants before being forced to squad them up. Although I suspect most lists will have the choice between running the 3 solo gargants or a bonus command point.

This is reading into one tiny line in the ghb a lot. Could be true, but we kind of need to wait to find out.

5 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Points.

2x3 mancrushers plus 3 individual mancrushers is 1500 points. That leaves you with 500 points to fill with a hero.

9 individual mancrushers is 1620 points. That leaves you with 380 points to fill with a hero. We have no way of filling that.

I guess if you really really want you mancrushers to be solo you could do 8 individual mancrushers and a mega garagant and then buy a CP.

EDIT: Exactly what @Ganigumo just said :D

Might want to take allies etc, if they have them