Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

So as a nice surprise my tomb kings box is set arrives this week. Once it arrives ill be happy to answer any questions. Id imagine everything would have been shown though

Edit - Turns out the dpd tracking just meant the label had been printed but delivery will be on launch :( 

Edited by SirSalabean

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A user from one of my WhatsApp groups shared the book and said the legacy armies PDFs were also there. So I guess GW would release them quite soon.

Any info on how complete the legacy rules are compared to the 2 core factions books?

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

A user from one of my WhatsApp groups shared the book and said the legacy armies PDFs were also there. So I guess GW would release them quite soon.

Can you share this PDF? Private message maybe?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

EDIT: Updated the 30x25mm, added a lot more single converters.

I might open a serperate thread for this.

Some of the adapter trays I've made so far.

five  60x35mm to rectangular.
two by 4 60x35mm to rectangular
twenty 25mm to square
thirty 25mm to square

Feel free to share, as long as you give me credit :D

Convertability:
you can simple scale the 25mm round trays up to make them fit 32mm, 40mm, 50mm etc. bases with no issue.

Example using the 20x25mm tray:
currently its width is 12.5cm, its height is 100mm.
Scaling up to 32mm means to set the width to 32mmx5 (16cm) and the height to (4x32mm) 12.8cm

The same does not apply to the cavalry bases since GW's oval bases get weird past the size of 60x35mm, it's some custom oval shape.

BUT it looks so big!
Only the cutouts are slightly bigger than the base's footprint and beveled so you can put in your models without any hassle

images

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a50c32302e24f08270b996dfc4747ec5.pngimage.png.96311a9d2574b126164a76c3f4507c0c.png

Concerning sizes

Reveal hidden contents

TOW Cav bases are 60x30mm. Since it can't be converted I used 60c35mm. WORRY NOT!
If people use the GW trays the unit's footprint will almost exactly be the same size as the original since the GW Trays have a roughly 5mm overhangs on each side.

Five_Cabalry_60x35.stl 246.08 kB · 3 downloads Twenty_25mm.stl 841.49 kB · 3 downloads Eight_Cabalry_60x35.stl 354.77 kB · 2 downloads

RoundToSquare_25mm.stl 46.86 kB · 1 download

25mm to 30mm.stl 50.77 kB · 0 downloads 60mm Cav to 60x35 square.stl 46.86 kB · 0 downloads 60mm Cav to 60x30 square with overhang.stl 38.27 kB · 0 downloads 32mm to 30 mm with overhang.stl 39.44 kB · 0 downloads

30x25mm.stl 1.19 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you! Now to find a 3d printer lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

MiniWarGaming already has review videos prepared for the Legacy armies, so the PDFs are definitely done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Can you share this PDF? Private message maybe?

As I didn't care that much I cleared the channel messages. I don't have it anymore, but the messages were saying the quality was pretty poor. They didn't share the legacy ones, which I would have been more interested to check them.

Edited by Ejecutor

4 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Any info on how complete the legacy rules are compared to the 2 core factions books?

Talk is from influencers that they are literally fully feature complete factions with just as much attention put into them as the "main" ones.

From what Rob/Square Based said the decision to make some factions "Legends" and others not wasn't a developer decision, but management politics with main studio and the SDS having one of their usual slapfights. With a bunch of """unsupported""" factions having the most models currently available it sounds like the main studio won. (remember kids, companies do like money, but companies are also staffed by individuals who will make plenty of irrational and spiteful decisions to mess with other people or projects. This is corporate culture 101.)

All the talk about saying they wouldn't support them and going on this magical journey with the current factions was absolutely said through gritted teeth. The developers behind this project clearly care a whole lot about it and probably worked on the assumption that every faction would be fully involved in some fashion.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Talk is from influencers that they are literally fully feature complete factions with just as much attention put into them as the "main" ones.

From what Rob/Square Based said the decision to make some factions "Legends" and others not wasn't a developer decision, but management politics with main studio and the SDS having one of their usual slapfights. With a bunch of """unsupported""" factions having the most models currently available it sounds like the main studio won. (remember kids, companies do like money, but companies are also staffed by individuals who will make plenty of irrational and spiteful decisions to mess with other people or projects. This is corporate culture 101.)

All the talk about saying they wouldn't support them and going on this magical journey with the current factions was absolutely said through gritted teeth. The developers behind this project clearly care a whole lot about it and probably worked on the assumption that every faction would be fully involved in some fashion.

Ah, that's sad to hear. I reckon that the SDS team can be quite happy as almost everything is sold out! Anyway I supported with my wallet, sadly only managed to buy the forces of fantasy, ravenging hordes and both Arcane journals. All the other new stuff was sold out.

Although very nice if true that all the free pdf's have the same amount of details and options to it.

I'm glad to hear the PDF factions have effort put into them. I have a Skaven Christmas box from last year I think that will go to being an Old World army, if the rules aren't absolutely terrible. Which it sounds like they have attention to them, so they should be good enough.

It's a bit sad to see they're not 'supported', but I suspect that's some sort of conflict with the mainline studio, which I think is where the source of it is. It used to be FW did the Imperial Armour/FW datasheets, then mainline takes them over, then mainline decides they're legends for use in 40k. So I suspect it's mainly driven from mainline's side, or possibly by someone higher up than either. As Square Based has mentioned, nobody has to listen to that 'statement', so events can just allow those armies if they want.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

There are several sites online. I don’t mind if you have those printed for you :)

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! I'm going to wait until I can build a list before committing to base options but you're doing the lords work (or actually GW's work. Ask for a check!)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Very interested to hear if we'll be seeing images of Legacy Armies on new bases in the PDFs.

I would say no. Having to paint whole armies to do not use them in more than a PDF would be a lot of work for little reward.