Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

5 minutes ago, Lord_of_theRavenspire said:

Also IG because Orcs and Gobs technically have a bunch of new plastics that can be ported over from AOS
Stone trolls, squig herds, squig hoppers, (extortionately priced) wolf riders, fanatics...
It's a bit boring but as they go they're one of the better looking factions rn

Yeah, they may have felt that the army was already very complete.

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Are the Questing Knights in FW resin now (rather than finecast)?

To be fair, FW does have plenty of really thin parts on some of their minis, which can be absurdly fragile. I sometimes think they were designed more as display pieces than as gaming pieces (new Fulgrim feels way too fragile to play with).

No, it’s the new Questing Knight Paladin. I has to stabilize the crossguard with prayer beads (thx Sequitor Prime)

70AB43B4-2A0C-4CD5-88E2-9CBD4B490BA7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just realised there's been all this second Dwarf special character speculation going on, and we still don't know who the second Orc and Goblin one is.

Any guesses/wishes before the book goes on preorder tomorrow? It won't be anyone we've seen before because none of the 'historic' characters were active during that time period, and greenskins don't tend to live so long.

A wolf mounted Goblin Warboss to go with the Nomadic Waaagh would be neat + something we've never seen before (for the love of Grom, please no more named Black Orcs)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Those horns look fragile too 😮

Don’t remind me, they’ll break eventually.

that‘s what I mean by that I don’t think some new resin models were designed to be resin.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Just realised there's been all this second Dwarf special character speculation going on, and we still don't know who the second Orc and Goblin one is.

Any guesses/wishes before the book goes on preorder tomorrow? It won't be anyone we've seen before because none of the 'historic' characters were active during that time period, and greenskins don't tend to live so long.

A wolf mounted Goblin Warboss to go with the Nomadic Waaagh would be neat + something we've never seen before (for the love of Grom, please no more named Black Orcs)

It's a mounted Goblin Warboss called Kiknik on a two-headed wolf called Chompa.

• Haha 1

image.png.54b8044f5c731ae319db707900512ba5.png

This is unfortunately not the pump wagon I was hoping for. The one I remember from my youth was double decker and had a spiked roller on the front. Possibly this or similar:

image.png.da905499c7d430b36e1d670543157d28.png

Any hope they may do it as a limited run made to order?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

This is unfortunately not the pump wagon I was hoping for. The one I remember from my youth was double decker and had a spiked roller on the front. Possibly this or similar:

I had that pump wagon, it just screams orcness! 

The bloodbowl pump wagons in the snotling team are based on this design, plus you get 2 wagons and a load of snotlings for a bit more money than the re-release pump wagon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I think what they are releasing is simply based on which moulds they have available and in good shape, so I would better think they won't, and in case they at least you get a nice surprise.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think what they are releasing is simply based on which moulds they have available and in good shape, so I would better think they won't, and in case they at least you get a nice surprise.

It was a pain to assemble and regularly fell apart. But I still want one again.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

So, why do the Dwarfs have Goblin Hewer when, as far as I am aware, it wasn’t invented yet in the lore?

It's not clear they do is it? It appeared in the video for the preview, but it's not showing in the list of units to be released. Perhaps they included it by accident.

Or perhaps GW just want to reuse the moulds for it and are going to release it with some post hoc justification as to why it exists. I've never liked it, so won't be picking it up regardless.

3 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

It's not clear they do is it? It appeared in the video for the preview, but it's not showing in the list of units to be released. Perhaps they included it by accident.

Or perhaps GW just want to reuse the moulds for it and are going to release it with some post hoc justification as to why it exists. I've never liked it, so won't be picking it up regardless.

Maybe they put it for sale purely for collectors?

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe they put it for sale purely for collectors?

That's certainly possible. If that's the case I wholeheartedly approve. Anything that makes it possible for people who want hard to buy minis to get them for non-scalper prices is good as far as I'm concerned. I'd also rather that money goes to support TOW rather than scalper's wallets.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Are we sure that the Goblin Hewer wasn't invented?

goblinhewertext.jpg.75ef3db20b89eb20c707a08ca1127f0a.jpg

Pretty sure!

(If it's Malakai's latest invention by the time of the Storm of Chaos, he would have had to come up with it after an ironclad, two airships, and a multibarrelled handgun minimum)

(though if the Storm of Chaos never happened, then the Goblin Hewer was never invented....? 🤔)

Malakai's in the new TOW photos and videos of the Goblin Hewer, which is good, because Storm of Chaos or not, if he'd even been born early enough for TOW, he wouldn't be a slayer by then. My money's on the Goblin Hewer being revealed as a 'forbidden blueprint' that surfaces in the hands of a maverick engineer every few centauries, though I guess Malakai inventing a time machine would be so stupid it became cool.

All I can say is good luck to anyone planning on assembling the ****ing kit!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

If it's Malakai's latest invention by the time of the Storm of Chaos, he would have had to come up with it after an ironclad, two airships, and a multibarrelled handgun minimum

So badass! I love him!

25 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

My money's on the Goblin Hewer being revealed as a 'forbidden blueprint' that surfaces in the hands of a maverick engineer every few centauries, though I guess Malakai inventing a time machine would be so stupid it became cool

It works for me!

26 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

It seems to be a nightmare. I have one waiting at home, but still in the box.

But if it's true that a Slayer army is coming in that Arcane Journal, I'll have to force myself to build and paint that little ******.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So badass! I love him!

It works for me!

It seems to be a nightmare. I have one waiting at home, but still in the box.

But if it's true that a Slayer army is coming in that Arcane Journal, I'll have to force myself to build and paint that little ******.

I had one and mounted it as a kid and I don't remember it being that hard to mount. It is true that some pieces fall down sometimes, but I stood in one piece for more than 15 years.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Also, warning to anyone who buys Doomseekers: do not under any circumstances, look at them once you've assembled them. Their chains will break if you look at them wrong.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So badass! I love him!

You mentioned in another thread that you're pretty new to WFB background. If you want to learn about Malakai, dwarfs, and the Warhammer World in general, there really isn't a better starting point than Bill King's original Gotrek and Felix novels. Malakai doesn't turn up till Dragonslayer, the third book, but you've got to read Skavenslayer to get to it, and Skavenslayer's probably the best Black Library novel ever written.

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I had one and mounted it as a kid and I don't remember it being that hard to mount. It is true that some pieces fall down sometimes, but I stood in one piece for more than 15 years.

You are a much better dwarf than I.

• Like 2