Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

I am Obsessed with this model. There’s something about a Slayer Model, Ready to bring down any Monster. The Norse styling on the Helm and Axe. The Pose, The Dour Expression. 

Warhammer at it’s finest. 

IMG_7166.png

IMG_7165.png

IMG_7164.png

IMG_7163.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

They said we'll see another familiar dwarf coming back, who do you think it will be? 

I don't know if he's alive during that time period but maybe we'll see Gotrek before he becomes a slayer, when he was a engineer. 

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

They said we'll see another familiar dwarf coming back, who do you think it will be? 

I don't know if he's alive during that time period but maybe we'll see Gotrek before he becomes a slayer, when he was a engineer. 

Grombrindall? 500 WDs!

I was rewatching the WTOW video when they’re talking about future characters set to get updated models, they chuckled when they said “Certainly Taller”. Yes he’s a Dwarf, but it also makes me think that one of the Returning Characters is abnormally tall.

I don’t know why, my mind immediately went to Orion! But could of course just be them teasing Ungrim. 

Any Characters you guys think would be around during this age at younger version too? 

14 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Any Characters you guys think would be around during this age at younger version too? 

Tyrion and Teclis were 100 year old 'young' elves out roaming the world pre loading up on magic items ahead of Finuval Plain, making them definite frontrunners.

I've already made a list of dwarfs who might show up in the dwarf thread:

Spoiler

The article says we may remember both of them from WFB, so it's not gonna be anyone new, which warms my heart (though I still think of Alrik and Thorek as 'new')

Grombrindal with his 500th mag anniversary model still unrevealed feels like a good reason the second special character isn't announced here.

Thorgrim as the hotheaded young go-getter he was established as pre High King in 8th also feels like a really safe bet, though honestly hope it's anyone else, as off the Throne of Power, I'm not sure he'd have much going rules wise to differentiate himself from any other Dwarf Lord.

Kragg the Grim would be a great candidate to bring back for TOW as he'd already lived several times longer than a regular dwarf even then.

Burlok Damminson's old enough to have an adult son by the 2500s, which would put him at around Ungrim's age, and could given an engineer lord option. Deeper cut engineer lord: 'The Magnificent' Sven Hasselfriesian's a contempory of Burlok's and would also be around.

Dullest option: Thorek. They're already rereleasing the Anvil, so why not make the basic kit a special character for the fifth edition in a row?

Warriors of Chaos wise, Scyla Anfingrimm only turned into a Khorgorath Chaos Spawn a couple of Years before the Great War Against Chaos, so seeing him pop up as a Mortal Champion could be neat.

Araball the Undefeated and Valnir the Reaper were both active during the Great War Against Chaos, and presumably active before it. Galrauch, Dechala, Azazel, Kholek Suneater, Sigvald and debatably Aekold Hellbrass and Valkia had also all been around for centauries by this point.

No idea how old Vilitch and Festus are supposed to be.

Beastmen... Morghur's whole deal is being reborn, so no reason he couldn't be around.

Pretty much any named Wood Elf could show up, though it'd be nice if Scarloc's archers got the Made to Order Regiment of Renown treatment following Prince Ulther's Imperial Dwarfs.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Oh, completely forgot! 🤦‍♂️

More than any of the characters listed in the last post, I'd love to see the Empire get Fredrich von Taurnus, a character who's been teased in Empire armybooks since 4th and would have been active during TOW. He'd go on to become the first Patriarch of the Bright Order, trained up by Teclis, but before the Great War Against Chaos was the commander of the Carroburg Greatswords, before being disgraced when he was discovered as a hedge wizard. He's notable for making magic items and being a 'warrior mage' who wore armour, and presumably swung a big sword.

• LOVE IT! 7

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Hoping for Grombrindal, expecting Young Thorgrim. 

19 hours ago, Kronos said:

I am Obsessed with this model. There’s something about a Slayer Model, Ready to bring down any Monster. The Norse styling on the Helm and Axe. The Pose, The Dour Expression. 

Warhammer at it’s finest. 

IMG_7166.png

IMG_7165.png

IMG_7164.png

IMG_7163.png

Awesome miniature 10/10. With a few bits, you can even turn him in to an awesome fyreslayer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I don't mind too much with characters like this. It's when it's whole units, or models with lots of thin, fragile parts, that I don't like resin.

Agreed, the crossguard of my questing knight broke off while I was removing mold-lines from the blade... -_- sometimes I am not sure the miniatures were actually designed for resin.

Younggrim however looks solid.

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Agreed, the crossguard of my questing knight broke off while I was removing mold-lines from the blade... -_- sometimes I am not sure the miniatures were actually designed for resin.

Are the Questing Knights in FW resin now (rather than finecast)?

To be fair, FW does have plenty of really thin parts on some of their minis, which can be absurdly fragile. I sometimes think they were designed more as display pieces than as gaming pieces (new Fulgrim feels way too fragile to play with).

1 minute ago, JerekKruger said:

Are the Questing Knights in FW resin now (rather than finecast)?

To be fair, FW does have plenty of really thin parts on some of their minis, which can be absurdly fragile. I sometimes think they were designed more as display pieces than as gaming pieces (new Fulgrim feels way too fragile to play with).

Nothing uses Failcast anymore.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:19 AM, Tonhel said:

I like it. Happy to see another plastic kit! Will buy it!

When Orc & Goblins didn't have  a new plastic kit I assumed they had only created ones for the two launch factions. But now we have this great kit. so now I wonder if other factions WILL get new plastic kits. If so I wonder why O&G got skipped? We know they only have limited resources, but why choose this dwarf kit over a new Orc kit? 

2 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

When Orc & Goblins didn't have  a new plastic kit I assumed they had only created ones for the two launch factions. But now we have this great kit. so now I wonder if other factions WILL get new plastic kits. If so I wonder why O&G got skipped? We know they only have limited resources, but why choose this dwarf kit over a new Orc kit? 

Also, it is curious that it is a box containing 2 models. My bet is Empire would have a plastic kit (at least) for sure. And probably Chaos as well, based on their popularity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GhostShark said:

Good question. I assume it's based on the predicted popularity of factions, but I'm honestly surprised that O&G are considered less popular than Dwarfs.

Other possibility is they want each faction to have a plastic generic "leader" kit. O&G already have their Boar/foot orc Warboss/Banner kit, but Dwarfs didn't.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, it is curious that it is a box containing 2 models. 

I'm not surprised by that. We already saw this with the Tomb King dragon. I bet we'll see it more. Its an easy way for them to release multiple models for an army without having to do extra kits. If they're limited to 1 plastic kit a quarter (like Necromunda was for awhile, I think) using it to produce 2 models is smart.

• Like 1

I do wonder if...

1. There maybe IS an O&G plastic kit coming, but for whatever reason it wasn't ready for this launch. Maybe instead it will be saved for a campaign book later.

2. Maybe this Dwarf model already existed in some form, so was easy to bring into production. Maybe it had been designed for 8th and scrapped. Maybe it even got as far as a render. It looks like a very modern model to me, but 8th wasn't really that long ago.