AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

5 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Still waiting to see if they'll be a bit more survivable. Thundertusks are notoriously easy to turn off, though healing seems to be a big keyword getting thrown around. The Everwinters grasp ability needs a turn or two to even reliably be happening, so if things are as squishy as they are it might be a bit of a dud.

I've always prefered the idea of Stonehorns over Thundertusks myself. I tend to see Thundertusks as a more glass cannon-type thing, but who knows where they'll take them this time around :D

They did get a small buff, their shooting bonus is no longer turned off by having enemy units within 3", so they get that d6 shooting even in melee as long as they haven't moved. Also the bite attack that probably all Ogors have, and weirdly seem to have dropped the Bellower as a thing. Not an important thing, mind, but Ironguts kept theirs, so odd.

Oh yeah, and hitting on 3s in melee, that's huge. 

Edited by madmac

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

Damn, was hoping for a buff

Screenshot_20191023-161916_Twitch.jpg

I'm obviously blind beyond the unchanged ranged profile, but do we all hit on 3s now??? Oh shitttttt!

Still hate the double damage on not moving. Such silly rule given gutbusters are built to be such an aggressive army. Would have much preferred it be if maybe they are close enough, would have fit much better.

Okay for the people wh o are apparently already disappointed brcause leadbelchers aren’t suddenly the snipers of the mortal realms when only looking at the warscroll... there is a whole tribe dedicated to improving the black powder weapons and according to the stream very powerful. So just wait a bit before proclaiming your disappointment. The whole picture tells a better story than just the warscroll. 

also leadbelchers are already the destruction snipers and we all know it ;) 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OMT-Oct23-Earth-Shattering3sdg.jpg

Seems like they changed the Earth-Shattering Charge of the Stonehorn. I don't know how I feel about this. I never liked the abilities which add damage to your attacks if you make a successful charge. I didn't like this ability for the Gore-Gruntas and I also don't like it for the Stonehorn. I really liked the D6 damage for a successful charge. 😕

If they deleted the D6 charge for the Stonehorn I have a sad feeling that they also might have removed the 6 damage for the shooting attack of the Thundertusk.

Edited by Infeston

Just now, Infeston said:

Seems like they changed the Earth-Shattering Charge of the Stonehorn. I don't know how I feel about this. I never liked the abilities which add damage to your attacks if you make a successful charge. I really liked the D6 damage with a successful charge.

If they deleted the D6 charge for the Stonehorn I have sad feeling that they also might have removed the 6 damage for the shooting attack of the Thundertusk.

Im not against a complete warscroll rewrite on the thundertusk if thats the case.

The dirty snow ball had a lot of negative stigma too it, and was always a pretty weird attack to come off a giant mammoth. Perhaps by changing the charge and snowball will see a defensive buff and some tweaks on the warscrolls to be more interesting!

• Like 3

Just now, Infeston said:

Seems like they changed the Earth-Shattering Charge of the Stonehorn. I don't know how I feel about this. I never liked the abilities which add damage to your attacks if you make a successful charge. I really liked the D6 damage with a successful charge.

If they deleted the D6 charge for the Stonehorn I have sad feeling that they also might have removed the 6 damage for the shooting attack of the Thundertusk.

I thought the community website article still showed mortal wounds happening on the charge of stonehorns based on the charge roll. (I think it was roll # of dice based on charge roll, 6+ = 1 mortal; (+2 to that roll for stonehorns)??

Here it is:

OMT-Oct23-Trampling8sdg.jpg

I like it. So an average charge roll of 7 for a Stonehorn will result in 3 1/2 mortals.  So maths-out a bit better than the current rule.  

(And assuming Thundertusks are also Rhinox's - they will do mortals on charge as well).  

(For mournfangs, this is a downgrade on mortal wounds on charge unless you run a unit of 8).

Edited by annarborhawk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

They just replaced it with an allegiance wide mortal wound on the charge ability, monsters add +2 to the dice roll, so effectively you get your mortal wounds on the charge and this new ability.

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

They just replaced it with an allegiance wide mortal wound on the charge ability, monsters add +2 to the dice roll, so effectively you get your mortal wounds on the charge and this new ability.

Jeah I know. But I have the feeling the new ability is still weaker. But maybe I am wrong.

Can someone maybe do the math? Which ability is better? The old instant D6 mortal wound charge or "Trampling Stampede"?

Edited by Infeston

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

Jeah I know. But I have the feeling the new ability is still weaker. But maybe I am wrong.

Can someone maybe do the math? Which ability is better? The old instant D6 mortal wound charge or the new one?

See my post above. It's slightly better for Stonhorns. It's worse from Mournfangs unless you run a 8 man unit.

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

Which is quite a sweet buff to the faction in general.  While it averages about 1 MW for Infantery and 3MW for monsters, the odds of having a good roll that does much more damage, are not bad. especially with Stonehorns and Thundertusks.

To the Leadbelcher-Profile: They are Ogors. They have Canons, yeah, but they are supposed to be eating (new term for close combat to be established soon :D) and then to blast anything in meele between snacks. Their Output in Combats is really good as the cannon serves as a great meele weapon!

8 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

Here it is:

OMT-Oct23-Trampling8sdg.jpg

I like it. So an average charge roll of 7 for a Stonehorn will result in 3 1/2 mortals.  So maths-out a bit better than the current rule.  

(And assuming Thundertusks are also Rhinox's - they will do mortals on charge as well).  

(For mournfangs, this is a downgrade on mortal wounds on charge unless you run a unit of 8).

surely they will all have the Ogor keyword though?

#guessing before seeing the book

15 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Okay for the people wh o are apparently already disappointed brcause leadbelchers aren’t suddenly the snipers of the mortal realms when only looking at the warscroll... there is a whole tribe dedicated to improving the black powder weapons and according to the stream very powerful. So just wait a bit before proclaiming your disappointment. The whole picture tells a better story than just the warscroll. 

also leadbelchers are already the destruction snipers and we all know it ;) 

Yes but why take a tribe that makes a ****** warscroll mediocre when there are presumably ones that make good warscrolls better? 

Some people don't mind if they have a weak army that takes units they like. At the moment I'm looking at these previews and trying to work out if this army is worth investing in. 

Sure I like the models, but if I'm going to lose to the top armies even if I play well then I will look elsewhere. 

35 minutes ago, Charleston said:

kitbash.PNG.61102710aa415c22562b2d343f59dd76.PNGgw reinstroduces some kitbash tuts :D Thats cool

btw i hope screenshots from official sources are ok on the forum. If not I will remove them

I'm pretty sure they had a section like this in an old Ogor Kingdoms book - 6th edition maybe? I have the old white dwarf preview. Issue 300 I think.

13 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

2019-10-23 (6).png

Yass! I always thought that the old Grey Ogres looked better than painting them with actual flesh.