AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

30 minutes ago, ryanguy88 said:

1d4chan might be wrong, but the rule printed there is:

Battle Traits: Fleshy Stampede: Add 1 to the dice roll for any MEATFIST units using the Trampling Charge ability.

This would imply that you roll the dice equal to the charge value,  then all 6+ on the (dice value + 1) create a mortal wound. (Looking for a 5+ on the dice).  

20191101_153213.jpg.06194d48eb064b8befe657db22130550.jpg

Dont go off 1d4chan. 1 additional dice, not add 1 to dice rolls. Meatfist might have actually been worth taking if it was the latter.

Edited by Walrustaco
  • Thanks 3

Played a game vs maw tribes spellcasting tribe yesterday. My take-aways.

Lead belchers shooting is pretty lame. But they are pretty OK in combat. My opponent had 8 of them standing in range shooting at a unit with a 4up for 3 turns and did effectively nothing. The 4 who charged into my longbeards and lord Celestant on Dracoth killed the longbeards and kept the Dracoth busy for a few turns.

The tyrant is kinda swingy.  his tyrant got into a block of crossbow men and wiped out like 6 in one shot but spent the rest of the game (2 turns) dualing with a free guild general on foot.

Gluttons are fantastic. No more to say.

Iron guts hit like a truck. If you take more than msu be careful of your charge lanes. My opponent attempted to screen with gluttons  and by the time the iron guts made it to combat they lost quite a few guys to low rend shooting.

Slaughter masters are great as are butchers. Their spells went off decently well and did quite a bit. My opponent ignored the 6mw +1 att spell which would have torn my support hero's apart. 

He also took the butchers band. Which apart from bringing the usual battalion things, did very little.

Overall the stars of the show were the gluttons which almost wiped out my big unit of sequitors with very few buffs. And the spellcasters.

I can't recall his list exactly but I think it was

Tyrant , sword of judgment

Butcher, splattercleaver

Slaughter master ,drop of the red stuff

Slaughter master

12 glutton

4 lead Belcher

12 iron guts

And 8 leadbelchers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That makes it a lot worse and not worth considering

Although I guess you could still do something similar with lots and lots of rhinoxes

1200 pts for 10x ironblasters or scraplaunchers =35 mortal wounds on the charge in a huge bubble.

One ironblasters fights about as well as 2 gluttons, so it's not like you are giving up too much to do that. Plus the cannons arent terrible either, especially with the extra shot subfaction. You are going pretty all in on one strategy though so im not sure it really works out to be worth it though.

Also I had done 19, not 9 earlier. This the math discrepancy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Frowny said:

That makes it a lot worse and not worth considering

Although I guess you could still do something similar with lots and lots of rhinoxes

1200 pts for 10x ironblasters or scraplaunchers =35 mortal wounds on the charge in a huge bubble.

One ironblasters fights about as well as 2 gluttons, so it's not like you are giving up too much to do that. Plus the cannons arent terrible either, especially with the extra shot subfaction. You are going pretty all in on one strategy though so im not sure it really works out to be worth it though.

Also I had done 19, not 9 earlier. This the math discrepancy.

Except you can only take a maximum of 4 ironblasters/scraplaunchers because they're artillery. I respect what you're going for though. 😅

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Lead belchers shooting is pretty lame. But they are pretty OK in combat. My opponent had 8 of them standing in range shooting at a unit with a 4up for 3 turns and did effectively nothing. The 4 who charged into my longbeards and lord Celestant on Dracoth killed the longbeards and kept the Dracoth busy for a few turns

They aren’t a shooting unit. They are a melee unit that also shoots. 1 leadbelcher and 1 glutton are both 40prs. The damage output difference isn’t that big in my mind. It’s different utility though. And the horde discount is a big thing for me. 

but at units of six... do you prefer the utility of doing a bit of damage on range. Behind blocked lanes, over chaff, etc. Plus the benefit of -1 rend. 
Or one combat attack more per model, re-roll charges wothout a cp and exploding 6’s.  I think a bigger unit of both will not reduce your damage dealing potential overly much but will net you more flexibility. (Als helps fill the easy butcher/slaughtermasterbattions effectively)

1 hour ago, Walrustaco said:

Dont go off 1d4chan. 1 additional dice, not add 1 to dice rolls. Meatfist might have actually been worth taking if it was the latter.

You almost have to wonder if that's what was originally intended. As it is, it's possibly the worst 'benefit' I've ever seen for one of these sub-factions. Hell, Kraith for DoK is better than Meatfist...and Kraith is a joke.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Not worked out the details but pondering something similar.   Probably going for more Ironblasters and a trophy rack on the tyrant for some serious anti-monster shooting..

Trophy rack is a better one to be fair. I just want to use my pirate Maneaters as tyrant though 😂 🏴‍☠️ 

8 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I have a doubt: can a unit shoot an enemy unit already in fight (engaged in melee)?

Yes to all options. Leadbelchers into a nearby enemy unit in combat. 
leadbelchers that themselves are in combat They can only shoot the unit that they are engaged with. 

7 minutes ago, michu said:

If you mean that you shoot enemy unit engaged in combat but not with your shooting unit, then yes. If not... then still yes.

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yes to all options. Leadbelchers into a nearby enemy unit in combat. 
leadbelchers that themselves are in combat They can only shoot the unit that they are engaged with. 

is that specific to leedbelchers or all shooting units can do so? (I'm thinking about skaven, CoS, SCE...)

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

is that specific to leedbelchers or all shooting units can do so? (I'm thinking about skaven, CoS, SCE...)

Page 5 of Core rules.  "A unit can shoot when it is within 3" of the enemy, but if it does so it can only target enemy units within 3" of it with its shooting attacks.  A unit can shoot at an enemy unit that is within 3" of another friendly unit without penalty". 

Edited by ryanguy88
  • Thanks 1