AoS Reminders - Tournament-ready reminders with 20+ Supported Factions, Endless Spells, Realmscapes, and more

Hey guys, I first posted a link to AoS Reminders 3 months ago. 

At the time, it only supported Sylvaneth and Seraphon. I got a lot of great feedback, and three months later, here's what I have to show for it.

I'm now happy to announce that we now support the following armies:

Armies

• Beastclaw Raiders
  • Daughters Of Khaine
  • Dispossessed
  • Everchosen
  • Flesh Eater Courts
  • Fyreslayers
  • Gloomspite Gitz
  • Idoneth Deepkin
  • Ironjawz
  • Kharadron Overlords
  • Khorne
  • Legions Of Azgorh
  • Legions Of Nagash
  • Nighthaunt
  • Nurgle
  • Seraphon
  • Skaven
  • Slaanesh
  • Slaves To Darkness
  • Stormcast Eternals
  • Sylvaneth
  • Tamurkhans Horde
  • Tzeentch

Features

• Units
  • Command Traits
  • Artifacts
  • Battalions
  • Endless Spells
  • Spells
  • Realmscape Spells
  • Realmscape Features
  • Realmscape Artifacts
  • Ability to select multiple allies
  • Ability to hide certain rules

I've been lucky enough to get a lot of help from some people here on TGA and over on Reddit.

With 13,000 pageviews last month, this tool has taken off in a big way.

The UI

Selecting your army

aos-reminders.png

The generated reminders

print-reminders.png

What's next?

• We're going to finish off adding spells for all armies. We are just missing FEC and Idoneth Deepkin at this point.
  • We're going to add Grand Alliances for soup armies
  • We're going to add Mercenaries
  • We're going to add the ability to re-order phases and rules to suit your needs.
  • Most importantly - What do you want to see?
Edited by daviseford
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Thanks once again for the great job you did. I have almost no complaints, the only thing I would wish for was an app because when I play at the store I usually only use my phone and the web page can be kinda annoying to read on the small screen. So a more optimized mobile interface via App would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you and all the contributors for doing this!  It is a literal game changer for coping with the increasingly complex and deep rules which we love but risks crushing us under its weight, and keeping things a bit more casual and accessible. 

Was talking to a few people about this over the weekend and one comment made by all of them was that the tool is great, but the print out is really awkward to use during a game due to how many pages the reminders end up coming out on - realistically 2 pages is the most people can cope with without the pages getting out of order.

Frustratingly I've zero spare time at the moment so no way I'd have a chance to create a media print stylesheet, but did think it made sense to feed the comment back 🙂

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 2:56 AM, RuneBrush said:

Was talking to a few people about this over the weekend and one comment made by all of them was that the tool is great, but the print out is really awkward to use during a game due to how many pages the reminders end up coming out on - realistically 2 pages is the most people can cope with without the pages getting out of order.

Frustratingly I've zero spare time at the moment so no way I'd have a chance to create a media print stylesheet, but did think it made sense to feed the comment back 🙂

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on fitting more content on to each page. I want to keep the text size around 12px, since my googley glasses eyes need all the help they can get, but there is definitely some wasted space in the margins.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:36 AM, XReN said:

Hey guys, haven't used the tool much, but it seems really usefull and I'll use it at local tournament this weekend. One question - do you need help filling out FEC and Forbidden Power Endless Spells? I can provide info on those

They have been added! Thanks :)

P.S. I just wrote up a summary of the last three months of work on the app, which you can find HERE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, daviseford said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on fitting more content on to each page. I want to keep the text size around 12px, since my googley glasses eyes need all the help they can get, but there is definitely some wasted space in the margins.

Makes perfect sense!  One possibility could be to provide a few custom "templates" which a user can select, so you've the regular one which works really well on a tablet device and then a condensed & super-condensed, sort of similar to what I added on the warscroll designer where you could select different formats.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this awesome tool. There's always a lot I forget when playing, which might change the result of a game.

There are some issues tho with the Khorne one. The Judgements of Khorne (endless spells) are duplicate in the Start Of Round, Start of Hero Phase and During Hero Phase. This goes for their movement action and result as well of for summoning them. Could you fix this? Thanks in advance! 

edit: End Of Movement Phase contains a small error as well;

Summoned units must be set up wholly within 12" of a friendly KHORNE HERO and more than 9" away from any enemy units.

Should be;

Summoned units must be set up wholly within 12" of a friendly KHORNE HERO or SKULL ALTAR and more than 9" away from any enemy units.

Edited by sombetzki
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sombetzki said:

Thanks for this awesome tool. There's always a lot I forget when playing, which might change the result of a game.

There are some issues tho with the Khorne one. The Judgements of Khorne (endless spells) are duplicate in the Start Of Round, Start of Hero Phase and During Hero Phase. This goes for their movement action and result as well of for summoning them. Could you fix this? Thanks in advance! 

edit: End Of Movement Phase contains a small error as well;

Summoned units must be set up wholly within 12" of a friendly KHORNE HERO and more than 9" away from any enemy units.

Should be;

Summoned units must be set up wholly within 12" of a friendly KHORNE HERO or SKULL ALTAR and more than 9" away from any enemy units.

Will fix :)

• 2 weeks later...

This thing is amazing ! Probably one of the best tools for AoS players !

Just one thing i noticed for Khorne

Skullreapers - Frenzied Attacks
You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for models armed with Gore-slick Blades or Daemonblades.

That rule doesn't exist anymore, it's been replaced by Trial of Skulls that is showing properly.

Many thanks !
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 3:42 AM, Hystarion said:

This thing is amazing ! Probably one of the best tools for AoS players !

Just one thing i noticed for Khorne

Skullreapers - Frenzied Attacks
You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for models armed with Gore-slick Blades or Daemonblades.

That rule doesn't exist anymore, it's been replaced by Trial of Skulls that is showing properly.

Many thanks !

Fixed!

Also, allied imports are now working flawlessly with warscroll builder - any number of allies will automagically work!

mzN43hf.gif

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1