Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cèsar de Quart

Cardinal directions in the Mortal Realms

4 minutes ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

You're looking at it the wrong way. The first iteration of a Stormcast retains the memories and identity of who they were before. Then, when they start dying (if they do, remember that they don't need to die all the time) they start losing a part (A PART) of their identity. I don't know how many reforgings it takes to become a Sigmar zombie, maybe 7, maybe 10, maybe 9, the sacred Norse number, but it's probably a long long time, and it takes a lot of recklessness from Sigmar's part.

"Our warriors never truly die" is an alien concept to us, difficult to relate to. The dispassionate way they approach something we think of as epic. The detachment from life's delights (after all, if you never die, why wouldn't you become a hedonist like the Eldar or the Dark and High Elves, each in their own way?)... Chaos warriors are given gifts and become superhuman, and that defines our antagonists (and even they have to pay a price). So, thematically, there should be an opposite to them representing our side.

Again, kill the reforging and I'm fine, we've got fantasy Marines (which is ok). But with the reforging on, there has to be a way to make "death" a big deal, and memory loss is a good way to deal with it.

You may not like that your warriors lose part of their memories and sense of self when they die, but hey man, my guys die when they die.

Look, I don't care what you think. I loved stormcast from the beginning for what they were.  Not this grimderp psychopathic maniac  bullsh*t. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, xking said:

The realms are dimensions on to themselves with their own Suns and moons. (confirmed by the gloomspite battletome, was that there are multiple celestial bodies,stars, suns,moons etc in the realms).

Realm of light and the realm of Shadows, do not literally represent a sun and moon. But metaphysically effect the Suns and Stars of the realms.   

Really? So Phil Kelly's explanation has been retconned? 

5 minutes ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

Really? So Phil Kelly's explanation has been retconned? 

Not really, Just move to something more metaphysical I guess.  

I remember when, after that video, David Guymer asked what does it mean for his idea of Ghur's sun (it rise and goes down whenever it wants, it's wild). @JReynolds replied that maybe it works that way - the cycle of Hysh and Ulgu affects the cycle of day and night in other realms but more like "suns of that realms pass on the light of Hysh but they're independent celestial bodies" and that allows Ghur's sun to act like that.

Posted (edited)

This came out this morning in The Tithe Part 2. You can see the light of Hysh about to be eclipsed by Ulgu.

9040E250-7917-490F-A1AA-911A1F51FCB5.png

Edited by Greyshadow

On 8/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, Greyshadow said:

This came out this morning in The Tithe Part 2. You can see the light of Hysh about to be eclipsed by Ulgu.

9040E250-7917-490F-A1AA-911A1F51FCB5.png

I'd like to think that, but someone said somewhere that it was the Purple Sun of Shyish eclipsing whatever sun there is. And that sure looks like the Purple Sun.

• Like 1