Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malakithe

Orruk Warclans Battletome

Recommended Posts

For those not paying attention to reveals and such head to The Rumor Thread page 1176. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it apparently two battletome combined with the option of having one big mixed one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, novakai said:

it apparently two battletome combined with the option of having one big mixed one.

They must be changing the lore then cuz Ironjawz dont like working with other greenskins usually

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malakithe said:

They must be changing the lore then cuz Ironjawz dont like working with other greenskins usually

it probably has to be Gordrakk as general to lead a mixed force

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happend to all the other Orruks? Does this mean nothing but Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz exist now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What happend to all the other Orruks? Does this mean nothing but Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz exist now?

guess so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m disappointed to say the least, I don’t like the bonesplitter appearance or style. My fear is that this means no new Ironjawz models for a while,  shared terrain and endless spells and also no new “normal” orruks.  We’ll see what it’ll end up being but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Warfiend
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

I’m disappointed to say the least, I don’t like the bonesplitter appearance or style. My fear is that this means no new Ironjawz models for a while,  shared terrain and endless spells and also no new “normal” orruks.  We’ll see what it’ll end up being but I’m not getting my hopes up.

yeah I feel a bit disappointed too, I not saying it lazy but I feel like they didn't have to soup them together just to get to their tome goals faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that don't mix and match at all from an aesthetic point if view... always kept me from allying one into the other.

Hope they get seperate clan rules without handicapping if you don't put 1 or 2 units of the other in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since the "death" of Greenskinz, could always use Greenskinz as Bonesplitter count-as if you want a more traditional looking orruk force? Hordes of normal orcs back by elite black orcs of yester year.

 

(and you know to be fair old O&G had savage orcs with night goblins, a smattering of wolf riders, a black orc here and there, the odd snotling pump wagon if you felt lucky)

I wouldn't worry too much about the combined force being too powerful? I mean it seems balancing 2 'factions' in one book is a lot easier than skaven (who have moulder and eshin in a bit of a rut). I mean when has more options ever been bad! (stop lookign at me SCE...)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consolidation was always the most efficient option, wasn't it? I told myself when I started up Bonesplitterz that the best case scenario for 2.0 was a mixed book ala Gloomspite, because it increases my unit options and modelling prospects while keeping things tidily in one allegiance.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, soak314 said:

Consolidation was always the most efficient option, wasn't it? I told myself when I started up Bonesplitterz that the best case scenario for 2.0 was a mixed book ala Gloomspite, because it increases my unit options and modelling prospects while keeping things tidily in one allegiance.
 

Well Gloomspite only one allegiance was really well though out, the other three weren't really optimize with the keyword bingo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they look good as a combined force, so I'm sticking with Ironjawz allegiance. My ladz wouldn't hang out with a bunch of puny little naked looniez either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I don't think they look good as a combined force, so I'm sticking with Ironjawz allegiance. My ladz wouldn't hang out with a bunch of puny little naked looniez either.

Given that there are 3 different allegiance options I think it will be good for anyone who has one but wants to start building into the other.  Additionally savage orruks would be a very welcome alternative to ardboys and the wurrgog prophet is still a good caster. 

Honestly I can only see this as a good thing as both provide the other with something they are lacking.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it depend on what the mixed allegiance ability is, I have a feeling it going to have a limitation of You must have Gordrak in the army for that allegiance to work type deal.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, who's up for speculating about warscroll changes. I'll start.

All IJ get +1 wound because we're tougher an arder dan dem humies an stunties. 

Ggs spears getting +1 rend and damage on the charge.

Brutes getting extra rend.

Mawkrusha fists now do 6 damage instead of 3.

Weirdnob gets 2 casts.

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Given that there are 3 different allegiance options I think it will be good for anyone who has one but wants to start building into the other.  Additionally savage orruks would be a very welcome alternative to ardboys and the wurrgog prophet is still a good caster. 

Honestly I can only see this as a good thing as both provide the other with something they are lacking.

Yeah there will be three allegiance options, I plan to stick with the Ironjawz allegiance and I hope Ironjawz will get some new warscrolls and minis  either with this Battletome or in future. I'm sure mixing the big armoured ladz and the loonie naked gitz will appeal to some, and it'll no doubt give more options from a gameplay point of view, but they just don't look good together aesthetically to me personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, novakai said:

it depend on what the mixed allegiance ability is, I have a feeling it going to have a limitation of You must have Gordrak in the army for that allegiance to work type deal.

 

That would ruin it tbh. I suspect it will reduce the battleline options and maybe get a different broader allegiance ability.

So brutes/the only battleline for ironjawz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DanteeChaos said:

Are we getting a terrain and endless spells like other 2.0 factions did? 

Unknown how that will work at this stage.

 

Quite possible that we will get 'generic' Orruk ES and Terrain that fits both armies.

 

E.g. a Fist (or Foot) of Gork (or Mork) Endless spell fits both IJ and BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I hope Ironjawz will get some new warscrolls and minis  either with this Battletome

Very doubtful as Malign Portent Herald releases have pretty much set in stone who gets (significantly) new models and who doesn't outside of 1 new model from VS boxes (and of course endless spells + terrain)

 

"but slaanesh!"

All 40k compatible models so that doesn't exactly count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So there is a picture of a savage orruk riding an wyvern from white dorf which is promising.

IMG-20190720-WA0005.jpg.7bcf97c2df1248a23fa77d194773bf28.jpg

Also we are definitely getting terrain and endless spells, let's be real there is no way they aren't milking that cash cow!

 

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Squeak squeek much deserved but wherever there are green skins, there are Skaven below... 🐁

Edited by Coyote
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...