AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

20 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Hi guys, er... awright boyz,

Creeping in from the Order side of the forum with a link to an interview I've just done with my friend Lawrence on the stunning Ironjawz army he recently unveiled at Warhammer Achivements this month, taking home the best army trophy, including his frankly staggering scratch build Rogue Idol:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/11/city-spotlight-lawrences-sunz-of-rust.html

WhatsApp+Image+2019-11-19+at+23.06.40+%2

WhatsApp+Image+2019-11-19+at+23.06.39+%2

these are absolutely wonderful! So inspiring!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

What do you think about the greenskinz orrkus for the Rogue Idol list? I think they aren't good enough. I know they're cheap with 20 orruks for only 160 points... but the necessity of bodies to generate new Waaaagh points could be a good point for them.

In my list I have to spend 270 points more, and I don't know what to do...

Attending a 1,5k tournament next week. We are allowed to only take 2+ battleline and up to 5 heroes, so that's that. The following list ist pretty weird. And am not planning on owning the event, but hope to have a good time and maybe win a few games. Surely ardfist is not reliable, but being able to cast hand of gork on a five makes it possible to port them where I need my fivers. The prophet is my answer against hordes. Him and the fungoid create cp for summoning more ardys. Sctuttletide for more zoning. The pigs are there to kill stuff reliably. Hoping for the late game, to have 1+/1+ and a few 10er ardys. 

What are your thoughts? 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Allies

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 90 / 200
Wounds: 109

3 hours ago, Danish Bull said:

How many times Can you use the ard fist battalion ability to get more ard boys on the table, if you have 6 command points, Can you use it 6 times?

As I read you can use it as often, as you have CP to your disposal everytime a unit dies. So if you have 6 you can possibly summon 0-60 ardboys, yeaaaay! ^^

So after a few games with my current list under Big Waaaagh, I feel like I need more bodies. I've ran the MK and Rogue Idol and, while both have their benefits, I feel their points costs are taking away too much from the backbone of a Big Waaagh army, which is bodies. I've come up with the following list for testing in the upcoming weeks to see how I like it. 

WarscrollBuilderList (1).pdf

Some notes on the changes from my previous list. I was running a foot boss for access to MD, but I've switched him for the Ironfist. The GG boss will be the one to trigger MD now. Outside of the first turn, I found the foot boss not able to really trigger MD on anything worthwhile, as he tends to be outpaced by the rest of the army. The battalion also gives me access to another artifact and a second warbeat. 

I cut the Prophet and added the Maniak Weirdnob and Weirdnob Shaman. I feel like this will give me more magical support spread across the board and the Weirdnob Shaman gives me access to a much needed teleport, which I feel is too important to overlook now that I've played a few games without it. I've also included a unit of Boarboys to give added mobility to the list. The Maniak Weirdnob will be taking Gorkamorka's Warcry as his second lore spell, which will allow me to participate in the activation wars if needed. It also makes him a 2-cast wizard, which dampens the impact of the loss the Prophet some. 

Anyways, once the Boarboys arrive (later this week) I should be able to get them assembled and put on the table next week, so practice/test games will be coming sooner rather than later. This also ups my body count to help with a first turn use to bump up my Waaagh point generation. 

Thoughts/comments are welcome as always. 

4 hours ago, Brakkus said:

So after a few games with my current list under Big Waaaagh, I feel like I need more bodies. I've ran the MK and Rogue Idol and, while both have their benefits, I feel their points costs are taking away too much from the backbone of a Big Waaagh army, which is bodies. I've come up with the following list for testing in the upcoming weeks to see how I like it. 

WarscrollBuilderList (1).pdf 5.73 MB · 4 downloads

Some notes on the changes from my previous list. I was running a foot boss for access to MD, but I've switched him for the Ironfist. The GG boss will be the one to trigger MD now. Outside of the first turn, I found the foot boss not able to really trigger MD on anything worthwhile, as he tends to be outpaced by the rest of the army. The battalion also gives me access to another artifact and a second warbeat. 

I cut the Prophet and added the Maniak Weirdnob and Weirdnob Shaman. I feel like this will give me more magical support spread across the board and the Weirdnob Shaman gives me access to a much needed teleport, which I feel is too important to overlook now that I've played a few games without it. I've also included a unit of Boarboys to give added mobility to the list. The Maniak Weirdnob will be taking Gorkamorka's Warcry as his second lore spell, which will allow me to participate in the activation wars if needed. It also makes him a 2-cast wizard, which dampens the impact of the loss the Prophet some. 

Anyways, once the Boarboys arrive (later this week) I should be able to get them assembled and put on the table next week, so practice/test games will be coming sooner rather than later. This also ups my body count to help with a first turn use to bump up my Waaagh point generation. 

Thoughts/comments are welcome as always. 

Nice list. I would consider building them, or practicing with them, as Maniak Boarboyz. More attacks and better bravery. They are really good at cleaning chaff for your hard hitters and harassing back field units and heroes. Just my two cents! You could easily cut the Palisade for the points. 

Pretty hyped about the idea of this list. My Brutes are in the mail. It's my take on a balanced, TAC Big Waagh list. It has moventment, shooting, magic/antihorde and combat tricks. Updated list.  Move to 1 Warchanter and more screening units of Orruks. I think this is the list for me. It has it all.

What do you think? 

Wurrgog Prophet (160)
-Boneybits
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
-Bruttish Cunning
-Thermalrider Cloak
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Savage Big Boss (100)
UNITS
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
15 x Ardboyz (270)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
BATTALIONS
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

1990/2000

Edited by Warbossironteef
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

Do you know where I can find that rule about Ardfist?

I know that someone asked but I cannot find where is the official reply...

As far as I know, there is no official statement that you can use it multiple time. Rules as written, there is no limitation that would state that you cannot - you can use command abilities as many times as you would like, barring the rules telling you otherwise (e.g. Once per game, once per phase, etc.). Ardfist gives the condition of when you can use it (when an ardboy unit is destroyed), and you use that opportunity to use the command ability as many times as you would like.  At this time, tournaments are using the rule like this.

I'd imagine that the rule may be errata'd in the future since it's not hugely popular, but it is currently working as intended.

• Thanks 2

Hi all, I have a game coming up in a couple of weeks and would like some critique on my list. I am running Big Waaagh as the following:

LEADERS
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact : Destroyer
- Mount Trait : Big 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Killa Beat
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (100)
- Artefact : Greatdrake Toof
UNITS
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 1 x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1 x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- 1 x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
BATTALIONS
Ironfist (160)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 162
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

I think its ok. I like the maniaks over the normal boarboys. I figure I would run them out in front of the gruntaz on one flank with the Krusha in the centre, the ard boyz and brutes on the opposite flank with the warchanter trailing them, the savage boss sprinting up with the maniaks and the wardokk keeping the arrow boyz company in the rear. 

Thoughts and comments welcome? Its against Sylvaneth if that helps.

@WarbossironteefI like the list.  I have orded a couple of SC IJ boxes to add to my Bonesplitterz and that looks like a good mix of all-stars from the two factions.

Question- why the Maniak Weirdnob over, say, an IJ Weirdnob?   I guess for Breath of Gork, but the IJ Weirdnob could get you Hand of Gork, which is the one spell IJ have that makes my Bonesplitterz envious.

Yesterday, I was defeated by a Big Waaagh with a Maw-Krusha. I was playing a Big Waaagh with a Rogue Idol, and it rocks. He needed three combat phases to kill my rogue idol, with his Megaboss doing nothing useful.

The Rogue Idol is underrated by most of the players and I think he's good in Big Waaagh (and could be better than a Maw-Krusha in this alliance).

I'm sure it is the anvil that Bonesplitterz need and I hope we will see it more in the Bonesplitterz lists.

9 hours ago, Malakree said:

It's a toss up tbh.

I think atm it might be 10s to maximise the Warchanter buff?

I am in two minds of either buying a whole bunch of the new Slaves to Darkness units or getting to the Orruk Warclans book and some more models.

Personally, I think the Ironjaw Brutes are some of the best looking models in the Age of Sigmar range and I really want to build an army around them. The challenge is my gaming group plays semi-competitive lists  (serious with some fluffy stuff too). 

Models I am thinking:

• Megaboss Mawcrusher
  • Megaboss
  • Orruk Warchanter x2
  • Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
  • Orruk Brutes x10
  • Orruk Brutes x10
  • Orruk Gore Gruntas x3
  • Orruk Gore Gruntas x3

Just have very little gauge on how viable a list like this is as i don't have all those models currently and haven't played the new book. Might be too character heavy?

Edited by Gibs

16 hours ago, kaaras said:

Hi all, I have a game coming up in a couple of weeks and would like some critique on my list. I am running Big Waaagh as the following:

LEADERS
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact : Destroyer
- Mount Trait : Big 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Killa Beat
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast : Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Savage Big Boss (100)
- Artefact : Greatdrake Toof
UNITS
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 1 x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1 x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
- 1 x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
BATTALIONS
Ironfist (160)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 162
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

I think its ok. I like the maniaks over the normal boarboys. I figure I would run them out in front of the gruntaz on one flank with the Krusha in the centre, the ard boyz and brutes on the opposite flank with the warchanter trailing them, the savage boss sprinting up with the maniaks and the wardokk keeping the arrow boyz company in the rear. 

Thoughts and comments welcome? Its against Sylvaneth if that helps.

I would put out the Boarboys Maniaks (280) + the Brutes (140).

I would put in instead, 3 X Goregruntas to maximize to Ironfist effect in a unit of 6x. (160)

Then I would put in 5x Ardboyz in a unit not of 20x to maximize tha Warchanter buff (in the Big Waaagh Ardboyz are better than Brutes). 

I would spent the last 50 point in a command point or in an Endless Spell. 

1 hour ago, DestructionFranz said:

I think, in unit of 5, but at the moment Ardboyz are better. 

well 5 brutes is better than 5 ardboys 😜 

I've made a toughful analysis of unit size for Brutes in the Ironjawz thread. My conclusion is that Brutes are best used in squad of 10+ model to act as mid game hammer.  In group of 5, you're better just find 20 pts for 3 gruntas. More damage on the charge, but much better move and less vulnarable to battleshock.

• Like 3

Anyone thought about putting Sword of Judgement artefact on the Megaboss on Mawkrusha (from Big Waagh army).

With Waagh points and command ability, (and also the +1 to hit prayer from warchanter) you could be doing D6 mortal wounds in 3+ vs heroes and monsters.

Is this better than Rend -3 artefact though?

7 hours ago, Caffran101 said:

Anyone thought about putting Sword of Judgement artefact on the Megaboss on Mawkrusha

Not worth it. If you need offense rend 3 is a better pick. It will also help you deal with high save non-hero stuff (mortek guard, phoenix guard ect.) and you will still schred any hero (the only exception would be against a hero with etheral amulet which is really a edge case)

22 hours ago, broche said:

well 5 brutes is better than 5 ardboys 😜 

I've made a toughful analysis of unit size for Brutes in the Ironjawz thread. My conclusion is that Brutes are best used in squad of 10+ model to act as mid game hammer.  In group of 5, you're better just find 20 pts for 3 gruntas. More damage on the charge, but much better move and less vulnarable to battleshock.

Yep, I agree. Goregruntas are always better than Brutes. (ATM)