The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, cyrus said:

We all know GW likes hyperbole and superlative but what “ massive “ stands for ? Can we expect something like “ Leviathan “ ( 25 marines & 47 tyranids) ? Which price tag ?

In just under a week’s time you’ll get your first look at the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar launch set. This massive box is the introduction to the next edition of Age of Sigmar.”

Massive because it includes scenery and the price will be raised a 25% from the Leviathan one?

Just now, Mutton said:

That's my theory. But it may be both. After all, we did eventually get the Darkoath from that one animated episode, and they look identical.

Just now, Vasshpit said:

Bring on those BBW ogor queens!!!

The lady Ogre in bloodbowl is great-- she looks like she could stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the dudes in the range and I'd be happy to see her body type/vibe be the basis of a more gender-neutral Ogre range. Lots of AoS Ogors are nomadic; it'd make more sense to see members of both genders on the mawpath

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

We all know GW likes hyperbole and superlative but what “ massive “ stands for ? Can we expect something like “ Leviathan “ ( 25 marines & 47 tyranids) ? Which price tag ?

In just under a week’s time you’ll get your first look at the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar launch set. This massive box is the introduction to the next edition of Age of Sigmar.”

Well despite historically overstating things during marketing, for AoS I would always say slightly smaller then our 40K equivalent because I think historically our edition boxes  always have less then 40K one.

pricing however is always same or higher 

3 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

The lady Ogre in bloodbowl is great-- she looks like she could stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the dudes in the range and I'd be happy to see her body type/vibe be the basis of a more gender-neutral Ogre range. Lots of AoS Ogors are nomadic; it'd make more sense to see members of both genders on the mawpath

the female ogre in Bloodbowl (and the ogres in Bloodbowl as a whole) are the perfect way forward for the faction imo.  goofy but still threatening with huge profiles, the only thing i'd want from AoS ones is for them to be a bit taller maybe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well despite historically overstating things during marketing, for AoS I would always say slightly smaller then our 40K equivalent because I think historically our edition boxes  always have less then 40K one.

pricing however is always same or higher 

I would say the price has always been cheaper than the 40k counterparts.

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Callis and Toll are here to provide an exposition dump on how the Realms work for newcomers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/10/the-mortal-realms-are-incredible-but-dont-take-it-from-us-callis-and-toll-are-here-to-tell-you-more/

Bonus: female Ogor?

Bq1JQcV.png

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, with Hammer and Bolter showing us future models (Darkoaths and Callis and Toll) in the past, do you think those Ogors in the tavern could be a tease of what is coming for their refresh?

Also, what do you think @KingBrodd as our intern Ogors enthusiast? Did they get your seal of approval?

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

I can't imagine them showing a female Ogor in that video was merely creative liberty.

This seals the deal for me that the Ogor wave refresh will have female Ogors!!

• Like 2

So without a Dawnbringers short... I am starting to be worried. Either we won't have any more shorts and they didn't write it properly or the box is going to be released less than one month before the 4th edition box.

This is the only dates available for new preorder announcements:

May 12th.
May 19th.
May 26th.
June 9th.
June 16th -> 4th Edition Announcement.

We are running out of bullets...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Callis and Toll are here to provide an exposition dump on how the Realms work for newcomers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/10/the-mortal-realms-are-incredible-but-dont-take-it-from-us-callis-and-toll-are-here-to-tell-you-more/

Bonus: female Ogor?

Bq1JQcV.png

A bit clunky with the dialogue with how they go from talking about catching a culprit to going on about the nature of the universe and trade deals of the 

either way nice to see the Undercity duo back at it again and their 80 Buddy cop relationship

we even got a cameo of the  Dawi cousins yeah!

image.png.ab16dfe895208bd137348f62d849fb34.png

Screenshot2024-04-18193846.png.9cd09c7e1dfdcf80c91a3bd9fd779916.png

I wonder who did the artist because while i give many critisim on Hammer and Bolter animation (it more the annimation side) I love this almost gnarly D&D comic book look it

also is it me or does that Lumineth is....uh "enjoying" that crystal a little too much ???

image.png.66c45586dc483042ce72fd4436582071.png

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

That's my theory. But it may be both. After all, we did eventually get the Darkoath from that one animated episode, and they look identical.

Well there are things that are indicators of the future like Callis and Toll but then there are things that haven't yet come to fruition like 

Conquistador freeguild

image.png.273e72c8c23c5c5ffecb8286e6fa449c.pngimage.png.f72e8601532b267a309676d3541632ad.pngimage.png.2bbbfcb0e563a58b38cc8ddb748896f3.png

Hamilcar Bear eater himself

Meet Hamilcar Bear-Eater, Star of the First Hammer and Bolter Episode Set  in the Mortal Realms - Warhammer Community

and the Khazalid dwarf at the very beginning shown above

unless anyone our rumor sage @Whitefang @Whitefang back me up want to tell me otherwise that they're the pipeline it pretty much a rickety road. Like not saying female ogres or ogres are not coming but i don't think the WH+ has been spotless in their track record

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, The Preview it is called 'The Mortal Realms Reforged'. Could be that the box it is called Reforged? Or is it too generic?

more likely because 4e is an index edition and there are two big range refreshes coming in the launch box, with hopefully more to come

19 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

also is it me or does that Lumineth is....uh "enjoying" that crystal a little too much ???

they pour their emotions into the crystals right? probably awkward animation of that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

So without a Dawnbringers short... I am starting to be worried. Either we won't have any more shorts and they didn't write it properly or the box is going to be released less than one month before the 4th edition box.

May 12th.
May 19th.
May 26th.
June 9th.

I think there is enough space to release before AoS4:

Dawnbringers 6 with Abraxia and Gunnar

Dwarfs wave1 with battalion, arcane journal and most new heroes + new resin Orc shaman

Warcry : Sylvaneth vs Ossiarch 

😉👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

May 12th.
May 19th.
May 26th.
June 9th.

I expect Dawnbringers to be announced this or next Sunday as I know that the Gunnar's Oathbound have already been sent to some people. 

In other news: my source no longer works for GW; however, I don't expect the launch box to be available to pre-order on the 15th of June. Currently, the 29th is the most likely date.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Elarin said:

I expect Dawnbringers to be announced this or next Sunday as I know that the Gunnar's Oathbound have already been sent to some people. 

In other news: my source no longer works for GW; however, I don't expect the launch box to be available to pre-order on the 15th of June. Currently, the 29th is the most likely date.

Unless I’ve been led a bit, people working at GW stores have the 22nd of June marked as an important date. 

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Conquistador freeguild

image.png.2bbbfcb0e563a58b38cc8ddb748896f3.png

This one feels even more weird, because we have these Freeguild guard that look nothing like the minis, with the Hammerhal Aqsha transfer behind them that only appears on said minis.

Imho they were probably not given any proper Cities designs to work with (apart from Callis and Toll and city iconography) and probably just based these conquistadors on either earlier concept art or Callis (his equipment is kinda similar).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Unless I’ve been led a bit, people working at GW stores have the 22nd of June marked as an important date. 

They usually receive the box one week before, prepare some demos and sell next week.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

This one feels even more weird, because we have these Freeguild guard that look nothing like the minis, with the Hammerhal Aqsha transfer behind them that only appears on said minis.

Imho they were probably not given any proper Cities designs to work with (apart from Callis and Toll and city iconography) and probably just based these conquistadors on either earlier concept art or Callis (his equipment is kinda similar).

I kind of hope that Animations and other potential Warhammer series, aren't confined to only showing what is available in model form. I think that would be really suffocating if we get future shows. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

It looks like you've been misled

13 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They usually receive the box one week before, prepare some demos and sell next week.

With most products that's true, but it's a bit different with new edition stuff. This time they should start receiving the boxes mid-June if the pre-order is on the 29th.

5 hours ago, Elarin said:

Finally! Sad you lost your source :(

• Like 1