The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Did I completely miss this news? This segment felt like it was written so casually as if everyone already knew like it wasn't a big deal.

Hype?!!

They mention it when 4th was announce , though mainly because there no Warhammer fest this year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Did I completely miss this news? This segment felt like it was written so casually as if everyone already knew like it wasn't a big deal.

Hype?!!

It was confirmed more than a month ago that it was either the 16th or the 18th:

Celebrate the New Edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar at The Mortal Realms Reforged - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MitGas said:

I‘m sure that ultimately it‘s all for Tzeentch‘s benefit, right? At least that‘s what the lore claims! 

Which doesn‘t make things easier at all though. So many cool spearheads out there, the freedom of choice is crippling. Noble-born knights on a just crusade, Elden Ring-esque humans, sweet rats…vampires with awesome skeletons. And that‘s just half of the armies I‘d like to paint! 😂🤦‍♂️I wish this was 40k, where fewer armies call to me. 😅

Ossiarch, Hedonites, and yes... even those cursed Lumineth all have Spearheads calling to me like Poe's Telltale Heart.... the call is real

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Ossiarch, Hedonites, and yes... even those cursed Lumineth all have Spearheads calling to me like Poe's Telltale Heart.... the call is real

I'd rather take a spear to the head before I collect Lumineth! 😤 Your top 3 picks are my least likely 3 picks. 😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

Anvil of Apotheosis being in every battletome is halfway to my dream of custom characters being added to AoS Matched Play!

Yeah, this is awesome news indeed and made my day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I really wish the lumineth spearhead wasn't just all infantry, I'd definitely be tempted if it had the ballista or some cavalry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but they could wait a couple of hours or three to acomodate it better for Europe.

But then it be in midnight or later in Dallas and the venue may not allow them to stay that late 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I hate this.  First flat awful preview so far. 1e/2e style path to glory was garbage.  The 'empire building' aspect of 3e path to glory - tracking your capitol, managing your territories, saving up glory points to add new units to your roster, choosing quests that give you campaign objectives to play for during games entirely apart from the normal objectives of whatever mission you're playing, that stuff was the good part!  It built the unique story of your faction along with your army, pacing the process out and encouraging you to go pick up one unit at a time.

4e path to glory seems to abandon everything that made path to glory 3e so good.

I hate it.  It's awful.

Anvil of apotheosis in each book is cool enough on its own, but those rules have always been balanced so poorly as to be practically unplayable (it's ~narrative~, nobody cares if it's completely borked, no need to play test it!), and I don't see that changing going forward, since the unit advancement rules they previewed here already seem painfully unbalanced to the point of being unfun.

No.  No, I hate all of this.  3e Path to glory was good, dang it.  this sucks.  100 opposite of my feelings about spearhead, only I'm more upset about this than I am happy about spearhead, because no mater how good spearhead is it'll still probably be less engaging and less fun than warcry games played on the same table space in the same timeframe, so Spearhead will mostly function as an introduction/tutorial to AoS rather than a game of its own, and you only need to play a tutorial so many times before you're ready to move on.

3e style path to glory would have provided a fantastic, engaging, narratively rich context for the slow-grow process of expanding from spearhead up into full games of AoS, and now in that 'building up slot' between introductory spearhead games and full 2k games of matched play there's just kind of a wasteland.

I mean, maybe they'll make regular 1k and 1.k games actually good somehow, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Edited by Sception
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sception said:

I hate this.  First flat awful preview so far. 1e/2e style path to glory was garbage.  The 'empire building' aspect of 3e path to glory - tracking your capitol, managing your territories, saving up glory points to add new units to your roster, choosing quests that give you campaign objectives to play for during games entirely apart from the normal objectives of whatever mission you're playing, that stuff was the good part!  It built the unique story of your faction along with your army, pacing the process out and encouraging you to go pick up one unit at a time.

4e path to glory seems to abandon everything that made path to glory 3e so good.

I hate it.  It's awful.

Anvil of apotheosis in each book is cool enough on its own, but those rules have always been balanced so poorly as to be practically unplayable (it's ~narrative~, nobody cares if it's completely borked, no need to play test it!), and I don't see that changing going forward, since the unit advancement rules they previewed here already seem painfully unbalanced to the point of being unfun.

No.  No, I hate all of this.  3e Path to glory was good, dang it.  this sucks.

I guess the playerbase could always put back those elements you enjoyed as an in-house series of rules.

• Like 1

Did anyone honestly like 1e path to glory?  Maybe it had a fandom I'm just not aware of.  I could get over my disappointment if there's some crowd of people who actually missed that system.

34 minutes ago, Sception said:

I hate it.  It's awful.

No.  No, I hate all of this.  3e Path to glory was good, dang it.  this sucks.  100 opposite of my feelings about spearhead, only I'm more upset about this than I am happy about spearhead, because no mater how good spearhead is it'll still probably be less engaging and less fun than warcry games played on the same table space in the same timeframe, so Spearhead will mostly function as an introduction/tutorial to AoS rather than a game of its own, and you only need to play a tutorial so many times before you're ready to move on.

3e style path to glory would have provided a fantastic, engaging, narratively rich context for the slow-grow process of expanding from spearhead up into full games of AoS, and now in that 'building up slot' between introductory spearhead games and full 2k games of matched play there's just kind of a wasteland.

I mean, maybe they'll make regular 1k and 1.k games actually good somehow, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

they do specifically say these changes are all for "the path to glory: ascension battlepack" so presumably we'll see more path to glory battlepacks that might focus on maintaining territory over enhancing units.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MitGas said:

I'd rather take a spear to the head before I collect Lumineth! 😤 Your top 3 picks are my least likely 3 picks. 😂

>takes a screenshot<

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

I really wish the lumineth spearhead wasn't just all infantry, I'd definitely be tempted if it had the ballista or some cavalry.

I agree, but for really wanting everything in that box except the Blades (I'd rather have the cow hats) it seems like a perfect entry point? I'd LOVE to have DOK Spearhead if not for the dang warlocks :|

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luperci said:

I've still seen some Arcane Cataclysm boxes around stores. Maybe you want to take a look at that box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sception said:

To me, not really. Going back to the roots of Path to Glory isn't that bad, that means they go back to what is actually played in games : the heroes and their units. Since the upgrades to them in 3rd was lacking to be polite, that means you can easily combine the 2 to have the best of 2 worlds with few adaptation.

2 hours ago, Sception said:

Anvil of apotheosis in each book is cool enough on its own, but those rules have always been balanced so poorly as to be practically unplayable

Previous Anvil of Apotheosis was perfectly playable. It was simply better to play narrative as it was always meant to be played : choosing / building your army for the narrative, not for the optimization...but it wasn't necessary to do so as well. Of course, certain choices were better than others, but who cares ? It's not like tournaments were authorizing those and you quickly learn the hard way that if you are a bit too "assholy" to your group of narrative players with it, people would simply stop to play narrative with you. Balance in points / game system was never needed : players can perfectly do the balance themselves with each other. That's what Jervis Johnson perfectly understood as a game designer, and that's what I want to see more.

• Like 4