The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The Named Darkoath are cool but THANK GODS they are not the Riders from new year's teaser !!

téléchargement.jpeg

Yeah I noticed that. Interesting decision to do a hero unit and normal units. 

The Darkoath are a really unusual range. Two heroes, two Underworlds units, a warcry unit, a regiment of renown and so far no regular units. 

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That is a great appetizer for Dawnbringers VI. I was not expecting that, which make them very welcome because it means the Darkoath release will be even bigger that what we imagined. 

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The Named Darkoath are cool but THANK GODS they are not the Riders from new year's teaser !!

téléchargement.jpeg

The finale of the campaign will be massive. I was expecting ~3 kits for it but looks like it's gonna be 4-5 kits, maybe more. Way to end the narrative of the twin tailed crusade.

• Like 2

Also just wanna say a bunch of Darkoath that are in The Great Parch of Aqshy that want to be free of the Dark Gods with a book on the way? Sounds like it would be really good if they meet a certain Godeater's Son...

• LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

That is a great appetizer for Dawnbringers VI. I was not expecting that, which make them very welcome because it means the Darkoath release will be even bigger that what we imagined. 

The finale of the campaign will be massive. I was expecting ~3 kits for it but looks like it's gonna be 4-5 kits, maybe more. Way to end the narrative of the twin tailed crusade.

Maybe they just complete what we saw (missing minis from units) plus a hero or two.

Darkoaths are the perfect antagonists for the Cities of Sigmar in the CoS centric campaign, because humans vs humans is always a great confrontation in fantasy, because it can make us think of our own real world - especially when it's not "good guys vs bad guys" like here with the sigmarites colonising the ancestral lands of the darkoaths, who are not all zealous chaos worshippers. 

Chaos and its worshippers are more nunaced in AoS and I like it.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Two heroes, two Underworlds units, a warcry unit, a regiment of renown

And even an anniversary exclusive model ! 

zVF4PN61iJbUcli0.jpeg.99b8b83e3144bc511d2b7500e6b25895.jpeg

I really like the Darkoath concept. And I trust Whitefangs, New Year teaser and remaining Rumor Engines that we are soon gonna get a proper AOS, Marauders replacement kits form them in DB6.

BTW I love that GW is using the main AOS narrative for mixing medias like Warhammer Plus and Black Library to produce bespoke characters models for the like of Blacktalon, Callis & Toll, and The Darkoath Brand (Gotrek, Drekki and the cool Withcher Vampire guy also comes to mind).

P.-S. ; cool backstory for the "smith guy" in the Darkoath warband, Dendrel Direbrand, aka a relative to Vandus himself : https://ageofsigmar.fandom.com/wiki/Direbrand_tribe 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Also just wanna say a bunch of Darkoath that are in The Great Parch of Aqshy that want to be free of the Dark Gods with a book on the way? Sounds like it would be really good if they meet a certain Godeater's Son...

This tiny lore segment on these guys already makes me adore them. Love 'Chaos' aligned factions that are trying to resist the Gods, adds so much.

The Great Patch is fast becoming my favourite stage in AoS. 

Heldenarr has surely got to be a major narrative character surrounding this.

(Please read Godeater's Son if anyone hasn't, it's phenomenal).

That Gnome team is easily my favourite reveal though. Is this the first time GW have done a Gnome race? I don't remember ever seeing them in miniature or lore before. Absolutely love the designs. 

• Like 4

Just now, Black_Templar_Lad said:

This tiny lore segment on these guys already makes me adore them. Love 'Chaos' aligned factions that are trying to resist the Gods, adds so much.

The Great Patch is fast becoming my favourite stage in AoS. 

Heldenarr has surely got to be a major narrative character surrounding this.

(Please read Godeater's Son if anyone hasn't, it's phenomenal).

That Gnome team is easily my favourite reveal though. Is this the first time GW have done a Gnome race? I don't remember ever seeing them in miniature or lore before. Absolutely love the designs. 

Gnomes were a thing back in the olden days of Fantasy, but have recently been readded during WFRPG 4th edition.

The most surprising reveal today.

• LOVE IT! 1

Darkoath are brilliant because they are so great as those that have no real choice but to choice Chaos in their situation even if they don't want to or even know what it is they are gaining power from. It's great having guys that are conflicted in what they do and seeing the mix of those who accept it and those wary of it rather than just teams that fully embrace Chaos

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:50 PM, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

I have a fear.
Blacktalon miniature's are of course from W+
Callis and Toll are too from W+ Hammer and Bolter. 

What if the Dark Oath are....named (the two named from the episode ? with other random) and not 5 chaos marauders mounted...

It's should be a great deception isn't ?

I said it.

11 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Why do they keep flirting around the edges of darkoath, with underworld and warcry, or else unique warbands?

Give us core units to replace marauders.

I don't think this is either Warcry or Underworlds. Seems more like a teaser of the coming units to me. There are pending REs that would point to complete units like the Cavalry one.

Edited by Ejecutor

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Solved REs:

UlV4zVoRCLp4kO47.jpg.b496003a892e6946fc1eda4e1dbd55b6.jpgimage.png.279841b4a5ae7267414f30610174d91b.png

image.png.79304bc615a293028402da0b95980bf8.png

Maybe?

image.png.44a0974b616c84a498f520f6b5940909.pngimage.png.640002135feb1d157aff3084803158dc.png

If not the same, another cavalry unit 100%:

image.png.2475a36c276249abe22cc76ffc09e0c0.png
image.png.2b0dd53355bb16454744f23eacd8610a.png

It is very hard to tell, the cloak looks like it almost lines up, but not quite? I thought it was the same as the image on the right until realising the fold is on the wrong side and I don't think it quite lines up with the other side so it could potentially show that at least some of the new riders may also have cloaks.

• Like 1