The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Like I said, it was sent to me. Here’s hoping it’s real

GW loves reusing artwork for covers, but not for big Thingy Things like Dawnbringers (usually, at least?)

Not doubting dawnbringers 3 to be about FEC, but just not with that cover

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

GW loves reusing artwork for covers, but not for big Thingy Things like Dawnbringers (usually, at least?)

Not doubting dawnbringers 3 being about FEC, but just not with that cover

Even if it was a cover where they would reuse the central focus of that image they would at least change the background to the tinted map they had for the first two books 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

VALKIA.

I was wondering that, but Valkia's current spear seems to have a Khorne symbol on it, which it seems likely they'd keep?

Not that anything is stopping them from changing it up of course. The spikes on the haft align.

Or maybe we'll get some sort of 'Generic Khorne Valkyrie' Hero? 

99800201039_ValkyreTheBloody01.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

Valkia seems like a decent bet but it could be pretty much anything. Seems to scrappy for a new Fatemaster (and it‘s no glaive but who cares), so I figure it‘s either Undivided or Khorne, with a higher probability for some StD release IMO. Looks to be a larger model.

Edit: I don‘t think it‘s another Varanguard-esque hero as that release would step on Eternus‘ toes. Not that I got anything to base that guess on…

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Edit: I don‘t think it‘s another Varanguard-esque hero as that release would step on Eternus‘ toes. Not that I got anything to base that guess on…

Eternus is not a varanguard anymore in the lore, he serve Belakor. But as varanguards are already heroes in game, having an another solo hero to buff them is quite unlikely. 

So yeah I think it is something else, maybe bigger

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Seems like that Lady of Ruin really will be a Varanguard hero instead of Valkia. Looks just like Varanguard spear but cranked up to 11.
Named hero on the updated Chaos Manticore as a DARK MIRROR to Tahlia Vedra, anybody?
image.png.ca8f05591bf08df15e3804215aecb9c6.pngE1mzuRKhxxsD75WI.jpg

Or a Darkoath hero.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vagard said:

"A spear with tendrils of magical smoke drifting off it?" 

Khorne hates magic, my bet in on a new StD hero  

Never underestimate the studio's willingness to put smoke effects on everything they sculpt these days.

"Mate, it's Khorne, there shouldn't be any magic about it."

"Yeah, well, but it looks waaaaaaay cooler like this, so there."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I was wondering that, but Valkia's current spear seems to have a Khorne symbol on it, which it seems likely they'd keep?

Not that anything is stopping them from changing it up of course. The spikes on the haft align.

Or maybe we'll get some sort of 'Generic Khorne Valkyrie' Hero? 

99800201039_ValkyreTheBloody01.jpg

That spear was lost ages ago in the world that was. Say hi to her new spear 😄

Edited by Ejecutor

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Never underestimate the studio's willingness to put smoke effects on everything they sculpt these days.

Yep.

Edit: ok, ok, it's not smoke.
99129915051_BoKHSkulltaker01.jpg99070201011_KhorneSkullgrinder01.jpg

Edited by Sarges
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Not that sure about it, of course they already did things like this but it is khorne's lore core, many rules are linked to the fact that he hates magic. and until now they didnt made any changes or mistakes on this point. 

Only flames as khorne realm is full of volcanos and lava

Edited by Vagard

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

The problem with the weapon is the sigil. I don't remember the last time that a Khorne daemon have the eightpoints star instead the Khorne symbol

Yep. We are too focused on Valkya recently. As someone said my bet is Lady of Ruin as a StD hero.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think folks overstate what exactly Khorne’s hatred of magic means. It’s really jocks vs nerds stuff, with the nerds being wizards. Magical weapons, magical auras, mutations, daemon summoning (daemons being made of magic) have always been grand. 

A burning spear or a reality-tearing axe, no bother. That said I can see the Varanguard (or something similar) argument here. There’s a bunch of eight-pointed stars on some Bloodbound minis but I think not as prominent as this.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1