The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Feii said:

there are so many eldar rumours. My tinfoil hat theory is that GW has at least 3D designed/sculpted and prototyped the whole range overhaul but we will get one part now and the rest of it later kinda like the LRL release schedule.  

True it from a leaked playtester copy for the Eldar codex and subject to change by GW before the final print but at least this one has a related rumor engine that makes it more likely

Edit: it also from the guy who basically been 100% right on every leak he been posting

Edited by novakai

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

True it from a leaked playtester copy for the Eldar codex and subject to change by GW before the final print but at least this one has a related rumor engine that makes it more likely

and we know they have used playtesting in the past  to find out who is leaking their stuff by distributing different playtesting versions. At the same time the leaks these past weeks diverged only in some small details here and there so who knows if they are just lying but have a good guess or GW is playing the 5D underwater chess game. 

Warp spiders, jet bikes, Guardians, rangers, new avatar, Asurmen, vyper, new Corsairs were in all major leaks so far. 

Swooping hawks and their PL, Striking scorpions and their PL in some of those

Dire avengers, Fire Drakes, Specters, Reapers in none.   

We will see. 

5 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Per the whole Era of the Beast, what a wasted opportunity to do a little splash release of Ghur endless spells (like the Shyish ones in Forbidden Power). Could have had an awesome piece for Amber Spear or Flock of Doom. Allor won me everything in Shadow of the Horned Rat with those spells!

It quite possible that they just gave up on endless spell as a concept ( or problem with China manufacturing them) 

not giving them to Warclans and unlikely as of now to have them for Nurgle after their second book seems to suggest this

I'm only let down by the RE if they remain 40K, there are still another 22 to go so there is more than a chance for some AOS love, though my excitement for Christmas announcements is a bit low as it does seem like the Eldar are being announced.

I am glad that at least if they are for 40K they are for the Xenos and the Eldar at that. How old is the Guardian kit? Are they still called Guardians? It has to be at least 22 years old now.

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I can't imagine whoever is leaking the stuff will be a playtester for longer. 

I can't say I get why someone would break the trust given to get imaginary fame and applause from anonymous geeks. 

I'm glad we don't have such leaks for AoS. 

I mean GW allegedly doesn't/didn't care about playtesting feedback, cut out many fun rules delivered half baked product, designers keep ignoring the feedback etc.  I can understand the frustration and I am glad for a roadmap instead of being arbitrarily held in fear of missing out limbo that is AoS and 40k without the leaks. 

Imagine if LRL second wave got spoiled so many people would save money and make better decision for themselves. 

Furthermore I know which set will be released next year in September 2022 for MtG and I am really hyped for The Brothers' War. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm only let down by the RE if they remain 40K, there are still another 22 to go so there is more than a chance for some AOS love, though my excitement for Christmas announcements is a bit low as it does seem like the Eldar are being announced.

I am glad that at least if they are for 40K they are for the Xenos and the Eldar at that. How old is the Guardian kit? Are they still called Guardians? It has to be at least 22 years old now.

Still called guardians. IIRC they are from 3rd edition so between 1998 and 2004 so yeah, roughly 20 years. Most of the eldar range is either from 3rd or from 4th so almost all of them are 20+ years old. Thats even a joke on some 40k circles, where they joke "Remember Bill Clinton? The eldars do"

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Feii said:

I mean GW allegedly doesn't/didn't care about playtesting feedback, cut out many fun rules delivered half baked product, designers keep ignoring the feedback etc.  I can understand the frustration and I am glad for a roadmap instead of being arbitrarily held in fear of missing out limbo that is AoS and 40k without the leaks. 

Imagine if LRL second wave got spoiled so many people would save money and make better decision for themselves. 

Furthermore I know which set will be released next year in September 2022 for MtG and I am really hyped for The Brothers' War. 

You're right when you say allegedly. If they didnt care about playtesters feedback why have playtesters at all? 

If the second wave of LRL got spoiled I can't see how that would have effected sales of the 1st wave.

I still maintain that sales are driven by the look of models and not the rules. While there is lot of talk about the current meta and what's hot and not I still think meta chasers are the minority. 

Regarding the advent calendar, I'm excited to see a eldar revamp, I'm sure there are going to be some stunning redesigns. 

I wonder if Jes Goodwin is still involved, if I remember correctly he doesn't use CAD. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

You're right when you say allegedly. If they didnt care about playtesters feedback why have playtesters at all? 

If the second wave of LRL got spoiled I can't see how that would have effected sales of the 1st wave.

I still maintain that sales are driven by the look of models and not the rules. While there is lot of talk about the current meta and what's hot and not I still think meta chasers are the minority. 

Regarding the advent calendar, I'm excited to see a eldar revamp, I'm sure there are going to be some stunning redesigns. 

I wonder if Jes Goodwin is still involved, if I remember correctly he doesn't use CAD. 

I think they have a new paid playtesting/full time team for a few months now for the 40k.

At the same time they don't send all rules to all playtesters. They in fact send out more rules than will end up in the final product and that can be manipulated. Tabletoptitans said the GK rules they were testing in the beginning mid 2020 were different than the new codex we got in 2021. Other youtube playtesters said a similar thing that fun rules from Spacewolves aren't in the codex etc. That means the designers can just say ah these people don't know/they don't see our final vision/product and just ignore the feedback that way or get a positive feedback about the rules that don't even end up in the codex. It is a mess honestly.   

43 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

These days (according to interviews) he works in a leadership/concept role, and usually pairs with a designer or designers who do all the heavy lifting in CAD.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So much time is spent here on TGA complaining about how dreadful GW's rules are and how good their models are, and we keep buying the models so I think you may be spot on here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So much time is spent here on TGA complaining about how dreadful GW's rules are and how good their models are, and we keep buying the models so I think you may be spot on here.

Valrak says the same about 40k. Rules come and go but models last 20 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I still maintain that sales are driven by the look of models and not the rules.

This is why I don't understand being against roadmaps: people ARE going to buy the models regardless. I'd love to know if Seraphon are getting a new wave or a range refresh. That might make me wait to expand my Stormcast out more, but if I don't end up liking the Seraphon direction? I'm now going to buy other kits that I was waiting on. If I splurge on all the new Stormcast yet end up liking new Seraphon? I no longer have the hobby budget so I'm not buying them anyway...

I'd even take a very vague picture of which battletomes we should expect and in what order. Doesn't need to be full details.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

This is why I don't understand being against roadmaps: people ARE going to buy the models regardless. I'd love to know if Seraphon are getting a new wave or a range refresh. That might make me wait to expand my Stormcast out more, but if I don't end up liking the Seraphon direction? I'm now going to buy other kits that I was waiting on. If I splurge on all the new Stormcast yet end up liking new Seraphon? I no longer have the hobby budget so I'm not buying them anyway...

Big brain time - all these 40k leaks are just somebody from GW leaking it on purpose and then gauging the sale numbers. 

fybS.gif

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'd even take a very vague picture of which battletomes we should expect and in what order. Doesn't need to be full details.

Given the nature of the times we live in, and the cascading complications businesses like GW face with shipping, supply, and releases, that's the only kind of roadmap they would be likely to hazard.

Even so, it took months for them to release the SCE and Kruelboyz models after AoS 3.0 was announced, and even longer to release the dragon models. In all probability, GW likely just doesn't want to risk committing to anything because the rug has been pulled out from under their plans too frequently in such a short amount of time already

By the looks of things AoS is still struggling to get back on track, whereas 40k seems to have gotten some traction going.

Edited by OkayestDM

3 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Given the nature of the times we live in, and the cascading complications businesses like GW face with shipping, supply, and releases, that's the only kind of roadmap they would be likely to hazard.

Even so, it took months for them to release the SCE and Kruelboyz models after AoS 3.0 was announced, and even longer to release the dragon models. In all probability, GW likely just doesn't want to risk committing to anything because the rug has been pulled out from under their plans too frequently in such a short amount of time already

By the looks of things AoS is still struggling to get back on track, whereas 40k seems to have gotten some traction going.

40k is skipping right along from long awaited Ork update and fan-loved BTs update straight to an also very long awaited Eldar update and Chaos wave. Some traction is an understatement, firing on all cylinders if you ask me. World Eaters and Squats sometime in the future.
Part of what makes the AoS currently look anemic is that 40k is firing on all cylinders.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

40k is skipping right along from long awaited Ork update and fan-loved BTs update straight to an also very long awaited Eldar update and Chaos wave. Some traction is an understatement, firing on all cylinders if you ask me. World Eaters and Squats sometime in the future.
Part of what makes the AoS currently look anemic is that 40k is firing on all cylinders.

I mean there was a lot of AoS release at the first 7 month, one could have said that 40K was anemic at that time too without that Ork release it would have look dead.

it may have been that Nurgle was the only release for the last two quarter because AoS had so much already

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean there was a lot of AoS release at the first 7 month, one could have said that 40K was anemic at that time too without that Ork release it would have look dead.

it may have been that Nurgle was the only release for the last two quarter because AoS had so much already

Oh trust me, they said that 40k was anemic compared to AoS. A LOT. You couldnt go to any AoS announcement without people going "did GW forgot about 40k?" or something similar. Thats that nature of this model of release sadly, one side is always going to look drier that the other.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

While I understand that, I think being transparent about issues that are literally out of your company's control fares much better with your customers than staying completely silent and/or pulling a Cursed City. Waiting isn't the actual problem for the vast majority of us, it is the lack of communication. Especially from a company that advertises its IPs as a holistic hobby system (books, games, models, conversions, etc etc). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1