The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Dez said:

An extra 6" movement and there is moaning? Sayl takes it a bit to far at 18" perhaps, but I think 6" for one unit is really not bad at all. 

The other problem that people aren't considering with this ability is that the Verminlord will likely be out of position from using it how you would want hm to because of his deep strike Tunneling ability.  He has to be within 3" (!!!) of the person he is casting this spell on, so the only likely recipient will be either the clanrats or the storm vermin he tunneled up with.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dez said:

An extra 6" movement and there is moaning? Sayl takes it a bit to far at 18" perhaps, but I think 6" for one unit is really not bad at all. 

Right? Must never have played against Destruction.

• Like 1

It also seems like an ability that is simple enough to counter. They can burrow under terrain (neat!) but not units, so screening is an effective countermeasure. The 3'' range is a bit harsh though.. I don't think it'd be crazy to double that range. 

Overall, it looks like a toned down Sayl spell, and seems to be more useful for tactical maneuvering than alpha striking. I like it!

The spiky "collar" looks alevish or undead to me.

I can't help but feel that its supposed to be a large shoulderpad i.e. Warcraft pauldrons.

Either way we can tell it is pretty small based on the detail and picture quality, so it's not the top of a ship or head crown of a behemoth.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, Bradifer said:

The spiky "collar" looks alevish or undead to me.

I can't help but feel that its supposed to be a large shoulderpad i.e. Warcraft pauldrons.

Either way we can tell it is pretty small based on the detail and picture quality, so it's not the top of a ship or head crown of a behemoth.

I would not go in to assumption that it is small just because the picture quality, the GW guys now days tend to mess with us. And there is no problem in making a bad quality picture, we all can do that ;)  So it can be big it can be small we do not know. I think it is Elvish perhaps Malekin

Re. that rumour engine picture isn't the clue in the text as always with GW - 'Well, we haven’t seen this before… it could be anything'

Sneaky Deathrattle battletome with reboxing and 1 or 2 new models. Or, long-term, Aelves in the summer (sometimes these GW 'leaks' seem to be well in advance!)

Skirmish stuff up this weekend it seems:

Skirmish has just gone up for pre-order, along with some Skirmish Team box sets: 

Skirmish Rulebook £6 
Khorne Bloodbound Frenzied Goretribe £40 
Flesh Eater Court Nightfeast Hunters £40 
Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband £40 
Stormcast Eternal Hammerstrike Brethren £40 

Khorne set has Wrathmongers, Exalted Deathbringer and Blood Warriors, don't know about the others. 

Also coming is a new Soulblight Necorpolis Battle Mat (4 x 4 again) and a Sigmarite Mausoleum, £50, is two Garden of Morrs combined. 

Oh, and new 40k apparently 'end of the month', but no specific date given. 

20 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Sigh another 4x4 mat.  And they are more expensive than FLG's 6x4 mats which are at least scaled for normal games.  However really interested in Skirmish...

Indeed they are very expensive,though I have both a 4x6 FAT mat and just this last weekend picked up the GW city ruin Battlemat for use in SWA...its by far top quality and has the hemmed edge around it.Probably not quite worth the 85.00 bucks but still,very nice stuff.

• Like 1

As a fan of the khorne dominion battle mat, im really excited for the new mat, especially since its death centric!  This skirmish release looks like its going to be a fun launch

Does a death centric may mean death centric next release for AoS ? (After skirmish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

As a fan of the khorne dominion battle mat, im really excited for the new mat, especially since its death centric!  This skirmish release looks like its going to be a fun launch

Does a death centric matt mean death centric next release for AoS ? (After skirmish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know what the model count is going to be in those Skirmish boxes?  

Rumor says: "Wrathmongers, Exalted Deathbringer and Blood Warriors," but those can't be full kits as £40 is $65 (from prior GW pricing comparisons), but those three kits add up to $149 USD.  That is an even bigger discount than anything we've seen.  I wonder if they will be partial/half sprues. 

I'm pretty excited about the Skirmish game. I've been trying to decide what I'm going to get next after I finish painting up my initial wave of Kharadron Overlords and now it looks like the answer to what comes after Ago of Sigmar is more Age of Sigmar.

• Like 1

I'm actually dissapoited at a £6 rulebook. At that price it is unlikely to have a lot of content...

Edit: I've just re-read this post - am I complaining that a product is too cheap? What's wrong with me!?

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Do we know what the model count is going to be in those Skirmish boxes?  

Contents of the boxes are as follows: 

• Stormcast: 2 retributors, 3 liberators, 3 prosecutors, 1 knight questor
  • Khorne: 5 wrathmongers, 3 warriors, executioner with spear
  • FEC: 3 crypt flayers, 20 crypt ghouls
  • Ironjawz: 5 brutes, 10 ardboyz, shaman

All of the boxes are about a 30% discount with the Ironjawz being the best at 41%.

The U.S. prices for everything are: 

• $10 for Skirmish book
  • $80 for Sigmarite Mausoleum (garden of Morr x2)
  • $80 for 4x4 Soulblight Battlemat
  • $65 for each skirmish Warband box
  • Like 1

Hmm that's not too bad actually.  The mat is way too expensive IMHO for a 4x4, but that FEC box is $20 less than the starter box, and gives more ghouls at the cost of the monster, so it's a good "Buy this to supplement" box.  Although I wonder if these will stick around or be limited "while supplies last" boxes.

1 minute ago, wayniac said:

Hmm that's not too bad actually.  The mat is way too expensive IMHO for a 4x4, but that FEC box is $20 less than the starter box, and gives more ghouls at the cost of the monster, so it's a good "Buy this to supplement" box.  Although I wonder if these will stick around or be limited "while supplies last" boxes.

Not sure.  But the Ironjawz is also a good deal as it gives Brutes at a reasonable discount as well.

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Not sure.  But the Ironjawz is also a good deal as it gives Brutes at a reasonable discount as well.

The stormcast and KBB ones are a joke though.  3 liberators and 2 retributors, 3 blood warriors?  probably that snap-fit garbage from the storm of sigmar laying around.  Not enough to use as a full unit in matched play = awful purchase IMHO even if Khorne gives you 5 wraithmongers/skullreapers with it.

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 1