The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

You weren't around for the Storm of Chaos then! :x

The Slaaneshi Cults of the Druchii were long established in Old World lore

Know about them, I just don't like it. As an offshoot faction maybe, ok, but what AOS needs now in my opinion is regular aelves. Now what regular aelves are in the mortal realms I don't know, but I do not want em to be chaos worshippers....shadow aelves is fine by me but no chaos please  I find it odd if they bring on shadow aelves and they have no affliction to malerion which is the deity malekith turned into as far as I know...

as I said. It's my opinion. I understand I'm in a minority :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baardah said:

Know about them, I just don't like it. As an offshoot faction maybe, ok, but what AOS needs now in my opinion is regular aelves. Now what regular aelves are in the mortal realms I don't know, but I do not want em to be chaos worshippers....shadow aelves is fine by me but no chaos please  I find it odd if they bring on shadow aelves and they have no affliction to malerion which is the deity malekith turned into as far as I know...

as I said. It's my opinion. I understand I'm in a minority :)

Exactly, and Malekith was always against Choas (unless he wanted to use them as allies to conquer Ulthuan) also he got a little better with End Times, so Shadow Kingdom suits him well as it still could be cruel and dark but not evil per se. 

I guess some Slaaneshi Aelves could show up in Disciples of Slaasnesh or whatever Slaanesh battletome will be called (1-2 units + one hero + maybe Morathi as Drycha size named leader) that makes more sense then whole Slaaneshi Aelven faction. 

It might be worth noting that GWs Order faction releases are all tied to a single god eg Fyreslayers Grimnir, Kharadrons Grungni, Stormcasts Sigmar, Sylvaneth Alarielle. Id expect the first aelf release to be the chosen representatives of either Malerion or Tyrion, and rumours point to Malerion. I'd also suggest there is no longer a high/dark split for aelves - the End Times made a big point of uniting the race, as we're seeing in 40k currently!

27 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I'd also suggest there is no longer a high/dark split for aelves

I think there will be some ethical differences but I think they'll be based on their environment and the solutions to problems (which let's be honest is "how do we kill the chaos stuff thats running rampant?") that suit their lifestyles as a result of that environment.

So a new kind dark and high dichotomy.

4 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I think there will be some ethical differences but I think they'll be based on their environment and the solutions to problems (which let's be honest is "how do we kill the chaos stuff thats running rampant?") that suit their lifestyles as a result of that environment.

So a new kind dark and high dichotomy.

Shadow and Light, same race! Just like duardin are now Fire and Metal. It does make me appreciate the tragedy of Teclis mucking up giving Malekith the Wind of Fire in ET Khaine still. What would Fire Aelves be like!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Shadow and Light, same race! Just like duardin are now Fire and Metal. It does make me appreciate the tragedy of Teclis mucking up giving Malekith the Wind of Fire in ET Khaine still. What would Fire Aelves be like!!

I love the idea of both races being 'blind' for different reasons (too much light, too much darkness).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

It might be worth noting that GWs Order faction releases are all tied to a single god eg Fyreslayers Grimnir, Kharadrons Grungni, Stormcasts Sigmar, Sylvaneth Alarielle. Id expect the first aelf release to be the chosen representatives of either Malerion or Tyrion, and rumours point to Malerion. I'd also suggest there is no longer a high/dark split for aelves - the End Times made a big point of uniting the race, as we're seeing in 40k currently!

Kharadron overlords are explicitly stated as not being tied to grungni

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Wouldn't it be great if the Aelves were released as a Yin/Yang faction, Light and Dark in the same battletome, and you could either get bonuses for harmony, or for going fully one side.

I love that idea. Now just up to 11 the characteristics of the High/Dark Elves: I want my light elves to be totally d*cks and so up in his high moral horse that they can't look down!
3f9217fe3a153e7b822556b117d30931.jpg

Edited by Galas
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

No, they are explicitly stated as not being the sons of grungi who fled.  In so far there's no mention on their ties, but I think we will see some sort of cult of grungi a la ferengi from star trek.

Ooh ok that is interesting! Still Metal Dwarfs to me until I get to read their juicy background/fluff!

8 minutes ago, Lavy said:

So would the wood el.... wanderers sit in a neutral position  between light and shadow?

If shadow aelves are close with tentacled creatures, winged lampreys and other creatures from their environment why wouldn't they be the 'sea forest' Aelves scratching that same itch.

They could be druidic and wholly in touch with nature - their own environment - and that environment just happens to be like the sea floor.

I love the idea of bonuses for mixing the two types and different bonuses for being pure light or shadow.

5 hours ago, Dez said:

Hmm it does look like it has an eye...but painted black and highlighted in lavender so it all blends in.

So you could say its eyes are hidden in the shadows...B| I will see myself out but only after I squeal a little more in excitement over a potential Aelf release. My first army will finally be updated!

33 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Wouldn't it be great if the Aelves were released as a Yin/Yang faction, Light and Dark in the same battletome, and you could either get bonuses for harmony, or for going fully one side.

Love this idea. They could even give a little nod to the eastern source of that idea. Age of Sigmar's sea ninjas and star samurais.

• Like 1