The Rumour Thread

AoS has 23-ish factions then, right? Then, that would end the faction focuses on the 12th of June, wednesday, having that week's sunday preview on the AoS stuff to be preordered on day 22th of june, with the final release being on the 6th of July. Pretty reasonable, Id say.

With faction focuses beginning next week, who do yall want to see first (beside stormcast because we know they are first)

I'm hoping to see the Seraphon and Ossiarch stuff this week, especially Seraphon. I'm curious if they will keep the Cosmic Power Point summoning for the starborn in 4th and if they do, how different it will be from 3rd

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

With faction focuses beginning next week, who do yall want to see first (beside stormcast because we know they are first)

I'm hoping to see the Seraphon and Ossiarch stuff this week, especially Seraphon. I'm curious if they will keep the Cosmic Power Point summoning for the starborn in 4th and if they do, how different it will be from 3rd

With how we already got some leeks and already boxes i feel like it going to be CoS, Seraphon, Fleash eater, Lumineth & Orruk

A good week for DA LIST.

Next week could be Dawi or Warcry/Kill Team, with Sisters and Cult coming later with Necromunda and the second Dawis wave.

Good months is coming plenty of news.

18 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

The second one will be Skavens for sure, and my bet is CoS third as it seems they are trying to push the popularity of that faction.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Sce, skaven, death (nh?), destro (gsg?), order (lrl?)

order (ser?), chaos (nurgle?), death (obr?), destro (kbz?), order (sylv?)

Orcs tend to be the first Destruction army to be preview and then Gitz, Ogors, and last would be Sons.

slaves is probably the next one after Skaven 

death is not that clear cut but it probably between Nighthaunt or Soulblight.

a question keeping in mind that the Orruks and the Slaves of Darkness received supplements at the end of the third edition does this mean that it is likely that their factions will receive their bateltomes from the fourth edition in the first years of this new edition

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Orcs tend to be the first Destruction army to be preview and then Gitz, Ogors, and last would be Sons.

slaves is probably the next one after Skaven 

death is not that clear cut but it probably between Nighthaunt or Soulblight.

Maybe FEC is previewed first since they got that big release recently, afaik nighthaunt are a pretty uncommon faction despite being the 2nd ed launch faction

50 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

a question keeping in mind that the Orruks and the Slaves of Darkness received supplements at the end of the third edition does this mean that it is likely that their factions will receive their bateltomes from the fourth edition in the first years of this new edition

As every faction is getting a new list in the indexes to start the edition off then those new units will already be incorporated there. I think Orruks will come early if only because the antagonist faction of the previous edition seems to do so in both 40k and AoS for the last few editions, but Slaves could come at any time.

Posted (edited)

I feel like they will use the Grand alliances as the means of releasing faction focuses after the initial focuses for Stormcast and Skaven. 

If I had to guess they will go with Order, Chaos, Death, Destruction in terms of reveals.

Edited by Neverchosen

51 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Could be, I believe almost every 40K army that were feature or got something new from Arks of Omen have gotten a codex already a year into 10th.

the exception being Imperial Agents and Worldeaters.

14 minutes ago, novakai said:

Could be, I believe almost every 40K army that were feature or got something new from Arks of Omen have gotten a codex already a year into 10th.

the exception being Imperial Agents and Worldeaters.

Blood Angels are still waiting for theirs too and whilst we're starting to get rumours about it, it won't release until autumn at the earliest now.

Posted (edited)

Think this is relevant picture to deduce what the next spearhead boxes are?

Its 20 + new Skaven and Stormcast. What armies are missing? My guess would be Ironjawz at least. This would mean the Nighthaunt box is staying. I am too tired to notice what else is missing though.

Its from an earlier warcom article i glanced over.

image.png.b06095c799a93355b7c116ca13fb9e97.png

Edited by Gitzdee

3 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

OBR, Seraphon, and Idoneth. With the changes to Battleshock and Command Points, OBR are down 2 entire faction traits, and with the changes to Retreating, I hope they write in an exception to taking damage for IDK and NH which are ABC cycle charging armies, or at least the poor Storm Eidolon. Please let him be good this time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

y, afaik nighthaunt are a pretty uncommon faction despite being the 2nd ed launch faction

and this is why anecdotal evidence means nothing. Of the 8 people I know that play AoS, everyone has some Nighthaunt. I would say that Death's popularity is SG, NH, OB, FC. 

13 minutes ago, Hollow said:

and this is why anecdotal evidence means nothing. Of the 8 people I know that play AoS, everyone has some Nighthaunt. I would say that Death's popularity is SG, NH, OB, FC. 

Very true, I'd agree that I see the most SG

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Think this is relevant picture to deduce what the next spearhead boxes are?

Its 20 + new Skaven and Stormcast. What armies are missing? My guess would be Ironjawz at least. This would mean the Nighthaunt box is staying. I am too tired to notice what else is missing though.

Its from an earlier warcom article i glanced over.

If I remember correctly it was mainly Beasts of Chaos and Skaven missing from that. We know that the only 9th ed Combat Patrols that didn't get Combat Patrol rules where Space Marines, Tyranids and Necrons but so far they've all been replaced when their new codex comes out and all still have the old Patrols rules available as pdfs. So this won't be an indicator of what to expect.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

OBR, Seraphon, and Idoneth. With the changes to Battleshock and Command Points, OBR are down 2 entire faction traits, and with the changes to Retreating, I hope they write in an exception to taking damage for IDK and NH which are ABC cycle charging armies, or at least the poor Storm Eidolon. Please let him be good this time!

I think instead of being around retreating and charging, the Nighthaunt will have an opposite approach where they can force the enemy to retreat, damaging them and allowing the Nighthaunt to charge again. Would fit in with their whole terror theme. 

• Like 3

I know I'm very late to the discussion, but I'm really excited about the Skaventide box for a few reasons outside the models (which I also love). The biggest one is the full Spearhead rules & board, especially seeing how high on the mode sites like Goonhammer are the mode. I'm mostly a painter & collector, but this box will get me actually playing AoS for the first time in my fandom! I've already got Sylvaneth & Kruleboyz Spearheads half-painted, so I'll be able to start using the rule books immediately in a way I never used the AoS 3.0 core book. It's not cheap, but I'd say this has been the most compelling box for me in long time!

• Like 6