The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Jetlife said:

It feels like majority were excited for this launch box, but from my conversations with people in my AOS community and following along on TGA and other social platforms it feels like a lot of people are passing on the starter. 

I think we all agree that Skaven needed a refresh and all the models look amazing, but it seems like most are happy for Skaven players but it’s not their thing per say. I’m wondering if Skaven was proper choice for starter. 

Most people who love Skaven already have bought into Skaven. Probably spent thousands of dollars over the years to collect everything. Painted 60+ clanrats, 40+ stormvermin and countless ends of troops. While the new stuff looks fantastic, it’s not really new. Are the clan rats such a massive upgrade that someone would easily replace the 60 they had previous. Same logic could carry into the stormcast side was well. 

Nighthaunt and Kruleboyz were completely new ideas with original sculpts meaning no one had an equity in the army previously and since it was new people would buy them before they had time to decide if they really liked them or not. Most AOS players have already decided on Skaven already. 

For a new player is Skaven enticing? Having to paint 40 models of a unit off the bat could feel daunting. 

Again, none of this is fact, just my observation over the response to the box. I’m curious to what those who want and do not want the box feel.

I don’t want it because there’s only two appealing things and those are the Core Rules and the GHB. 

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I know it is a 40k preview, but as demons share kits and there's rumours about renewal of demons from 40k, what are the chances of us seeing some demons today? Is here something from the 40k rumours about it?

I haven‘t seen any rumour engine that clearly alluded to daemons… it‘s possible for two of them to be daemons but I don‘t think anything suggests a bigger release. But watch me talking right out of my behind. I‘d be happy to be wrong! 

2 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

It feels like majority were excited for this launch box, but from my conversations with people in my AOS community and following along on TGA and other social platforms it feels like a lot of people are passing on the starter. 

I think we all agree that Skaven needed a refresh and all the models look amazing, but it seems like most are happy for Skaven players but it’s not their thing per say. I’m wondering if Skaven was proper choice for starter. 

Most people who love Skaven already have bought into Skaven. Probably spent thousands of dollars over the years to collect everything. Painted 60+ clanrats, 40+ stormvermin and countless ends of troops. While the new stuff looks fantastic, it’s not really new. Are the clan rats such a massive upgrade that someone would easily replace the 60 they had previous. Same logic could carry into the stormcast side was well. 

Nighthaunt and Kruleboyz were completely new ideas with original sculpts meaning no one had an equity in the army previously and since it was new people would buy them before they had time to decide if they really liked them or not. Most AOS players have already decided on Skaven already. 

For a new player is Skaven enticing? Having to paint 40 models of a unit off the bat could feel daunting. 

Again, none of this is fact, just my observation over the response to the box. I’m curious to what those who want and do not want the box feel.

It is exactly the same as Nids and Leviathan sold like crazy. It will sell and will be the biggest AoS sale ever. Just give it time.  When you put together the top 2 factions into a box there's no other possible outcome.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Pure for the mini's I love the box. They are all beautiful. But all the rest doesn't hype me as much. Spearhead looked cool, but I really dislike those maps with the 5 huge objectives attached to it.

About the 40 clanrats, I don't see the problem at all. The Island of Blood also had 40 Clanrats 😄.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is exactly the same as Nids and Leviathan sold like crazy. It will sell and will be the biggest AoS sale ever. Just give it time.  When you put together the top 2 factions into a box there's no other possible outcome.

Agreed. Skaven are one of the most popular factions, not just in AOS but in Warhammer in general, and what's held them back before is having models old enough to drink. The new refresh will explode Thier popularity. 

• Like 1

Just now, AquaRegis said:

Agreed. Skaven are one of the most popular factions, not just in AOS but in Warhammer in general, and what's held them back before is having models old enough to drink. The new refresh will explode Thier popularity. 

Yeah, I have seen lots of posts about using them in TOW too. Pure miniature wise this is the best launch box GW has ever done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I‘ve never bought any starter so far - I‘m kinda tempted as I really like Skaven and the new SCE almost feel like agents of Tzeentch (see my insane ramblings in an image below) and are lovely minis but I‘m not sure if I should get any second army. The forces I own are already too much work for me and my mates alteady make fun of my truly unfitting grey horrors of Tzeentch. 😂 

skaven seem especially difficult to justify as I won‘t paint 40 models per unit, I know my many shortcomings quite well… but if my group gets ingerested in spearheads, I could see myself getting one or two. I still love FEC, Skaven, Daughters of Khaine, Soulblight, Cities… as unwise as I am in other situations, I feel like I‘m quite wise when it comes to minis these days and not letting hype get the better of me (I was there as a kid, still got unassembled Forgeworld Deathkorps of Krieg lying around to remind me). 😅

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

-The old clanrats were 15 years old at this point. Could go and graduate from  school.

-A lot of players already had thousands of clanrats when Island of Blood dropped and bought anyway

-No, I dont personally mind. It gives me another excuse to keep painting and working on the grey pile.

-Contrast saves a lot of time

-The skaven fanbase is HUGE, not on a normal level, but on a 40k "We're bigger than some space marine chapters" level. If they market it properly, ull get Vermintide, Total War, and TOW guys (meaning, all TOW fans that have survived having the most terrible skaven ruleset ever written) , fans from everywhere, buying the box.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Much obliged kind sir.

I can like this post but not the other, weird. But I don‘t think it‘s worth annoying the mods with it, looks like some kind of error…. since it‘s the first time ever since I‘ve been here, it doesn‘t seem like a frequent occurrence.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is incredibly frustrating. It actually boggles my mind how each Edition people do this.

My MOD HAT will start fraying with how frequently Ill be ripping it on and off dealing with tantrums in the coming weeks.

GW nerfed mod hats with the new frayed rule. Banhammers are clearly the new meta!

Honestly I love looking at the warscrolls and comparing them but until we get points and see synergies the warscrolls in isolation really don't amount to anything other than some fun numbers on a page that say one model has more or less numbers than another.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

*Now that the new preview is in half an hour: introducing generic MOD post to advice that this is an AoS forum, not a 40k forum, if you want to talk about 40k just go to B&Ch or something, let us talk instead about AoS things in our AoS forum, and god please, stop comparing warscrolls and saying/defending that the multimilonary company ruined your life because one of the 4 cms tall toys now hits with a lesser result on the dice*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Pure for the mini's I love the box. They are all beautiful. But all the rest doesn't hype me as much. Spearhead looked cool, but I really dislike those maps with the 5 huge objectives attached to it.

About the 40 clanrats, I don't see the problem at all. The Island of Blood also had 40 Clanrats 😄.

I'm just the opposite. I'm looking to buy just the books, cards and matts. I don't care about skavens nor SCE (awesome minis btw, but they are not dwarfs).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Orruk Warclans... /sadface

I still dont understand why two books is better than one. Nothing proves that with two books you receive more or better content.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

Orruk Warclan.........a Kruleboyz box

Сomics meme: "Uh Ok" - Comics - Meme-arsenal.com

congrats to you Krule fans but yeah more an Ironjaw enjoyer

None of the factions is going to received a Spearhead box when they said that the initial Spearhead are gonna be the Vanguards + the three Mancrushers box. Ironjawz Spearhead at launch was based in zero info.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

None of the factions is going to received a Spearhead box when they said that the initial Spearhead are gonna be the Vanguards + the three Mancrushers box. Ironjawz Spearhead at launch was based in zero info.

never insinuated anything

i just stating my opion that i'm not all interested in collecting Kruleboyz and prefer a Ironjawz box

• Like 7