The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Well they're two attacks now, they keep the rend on lofted shots, they still have the ability to crit on a 5+ and auto wound is a solid ability. Of course it all depends on points but that looks like a pretty solid warscroll now. 

I want to see the full picture there. If they can upgrade their crits to 5+, if they are still wizards or the range.

• Like 1

Well they're two attacks now, they keep the rend on lofted shots, they still have the ability to crit on a 5+ and auto wound is a solid ability. Of course it all depends on points but that looks like a pretty solid warscroll now. 

I want to see the full picture there. If they can upgrade their crits to 5+, if they are still wizards or the range.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Here you go. This is for spearhead but they've said weapon profiles will be the same for the full game. Screenshot_20240518-204711.png.0454af481f03cb7aa98cf5af7871c0be.png

Check out the power of hysh battle trait. 

Here you go. This is for spearhead but they've said weapon profiles will be the same for the full game. Screenshot_20240518-204711.png.0454af481f03cb7aa98cf5af7871c0be.png

Check out the power of hysh battle trait. 

Thank you mate, you are my favourite person for today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We cannot know yet if something is good or not, IMO. We need to see the big picture.

This will not stop people from judging stuff prematurely and jumping to ungrounded conclusions. We are about to enter the annoying period in which we witness much pointless drama as people compare the new warscrolls (or their leaked elements) with the current rules and meta.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

This will not stop people from judging stuff prematurely and jumping to ungrounded conclusions. We are about to enter the annoying period in which we witness much pointless drama as people compare the new warscrolls (or their leaked elements) with the current rules and meta.

and the Great Wheel ever turns! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Dice sim good. Logic bad. 🙉
😉

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

I think this is one of those things where 2nd might be remembered better than it was. While simpler than 3rd, it was wildly imbalanced. We’re talking where some books would stay in 40s for win percentage while others were in the 70s at times. Also, conga lines 🤮 

I still loved the game then, and also loved 3rd. However, from everything I’ve seen, it looks like 4th is the best yet. Really excited to see what this new rules team can do with a full edition (they took over with the Nurgle book in 3rd). 

I certainly hope that 4th is the best! 🙏 Looks decent so far but I hope it will feel simpler than third. It‘s less that I got a problem with complex rules but I need simple rules for my group, they‘re even lazier than me! 

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Well, since we didn't get a roadmap, might as well make some guesses:

• Nighthaunt (Surgeon Character (from REs))
  • Seraphon (Saurus Old Blood (RE) + Endless Spells?)
  • Idoneth (Character(s) + Endless Spells? or mini wave (from REs))
  • Tzeentch (Character(s) + terrain?)
  • S2D (Character(s))

Would have put Warclans in here too but I'm still not sure what they are planning with them.
Also hoping we start getting Endless Spells and faction terrain again after the new focus on them in 4th.

Also putting in my guess for a Cities release in late 2025, because why not.

Can we Tzeentchians get a mortal elite instead? 😇 It‘s like GW wants us to buy minis such as these… 

image.jpeg.31ca81c0bafd4228ed3ac37815a237cb.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I certainly hope that 4th is the best! 🙏 Looks decent so far but I hope it will feel simpler than third. It‘s less that I got a problem with complex rules but I need simple rules for my group, they‘re even lazier than me! 

Can we Tzeentchians get a mortal elite instead? 😇 It‘s like GW wants us to buy minis such as these… 

image.jpeg.31ca81c0bafd4228ed3ac37815a237cb.jpeg

I am building my WoC army for TOW around the Chaos mini's from Lost Kingdom Miniatures. Amazing mini's. Subscribed since they started with the Chaos releases last year. They received a C&D from GW for their CD range. So now they base their mini's on the 7 or was it 9 Chaos gods from the 9th Age ruleset. Don't really care solong the mini's look suitable enough for the Warhammer Chaos gods. And these are perfect Chosen with the mark of Tzeentch.

And I am planning to use these as my marauders:

89d79bf4-rm-barbarians.jpg

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

If the speculation regarding the Chaos Mono-God factions is true (Updated Daemon kits) I think I would prefer an additional Daemon kit for each of the big 4, instead of a direct update/replacement. I think the current Daemon kits hold up pretty well and would like to see a bit more diversity in the ranges. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hollow said:

If the speculation regarding the Chaos Mono-God factions is true (Updated Daemon kits) I think I would prefer an additional Daemon kit for each of the big 4, instead of a direct update/replacement. I think the current Daemon kits hold up pretty well and would like to see a big more diversity in the ranges. 

I agree but I suspect it will be a range refresh and supported by new character units. This is probably due to the 40k chaos daemon codex.

Anyway, really excited about spearhead and wish I was at the open day today but not able to go! 🤣😭😭

Loving the pictures popping up. Just wish GW would drop the spearhead rules now!

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

It seems that most of 4.0 ranged attacks are going to be support dmg dealers than just hammers. As a KO player, I'm ok with that.

If they nerf KO shooting heavily they'd better at least make Arkanaut Company a valid melee/shooting hybrid (as you'd expect of a unit armed with pistols and melee weapon) instead of leaving the balloon boys as our only real melee unit.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I am building my WoC army for TOW around the Chaos mini's from Lost Kingdom Miniatures. Amazing mini's. Subscribed since they started with the Chaos releases last year. They received a C&D from GW for their CD range. So now they base their mini's on the 7 or was it 9 Chaos gods from the 9th Age ruleset. Don't really care solong the mini's look suitable enough for the Warhammer Chaos gods. And these are perfect Chosen with the mark of Tzeentch.

And I am planning to use these as my marauders:

89d79bf4-rm-barbarians.jpg

I‘ve ordered some of the Tzeentch figures by them over etsy - first 3d prints I ever got. The detail is incredible, it‘s finer than any GW mini or Forgeworld one, can‘t see print lines, it‘s definitely the future of the hobby. I don‘t like all of the designs of the set I‘ve gotten but some heads/parts are perfect and I‘ll totally bash them with official GW minis for my chosen. They really got some of the helmets right. 

I think these Chosen will be even better! High time I got my own designs modeled. If GW mixed the new Stormcast with these and Chaos Chosen, I‘d have my perfect mortal DoT elite. 😇

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hollow said:

If the speculation regarding the Chaos Mono-God factions is true (Updated Daemon kits) I think I would prefer an additional Daemon kit for each of the big 4, instead of a direct update/replacement. I think the current Daemon kits hold up pretty well and would like to see a bit more diversity in the ranges. 

I actually hope we don‘t get new Flamers and Screamers. Flamers are weird blobs anyways and Screamers seem pretty perfect and I don‘t wanna build new versions of either. I‘d buy a ton of cool new spawns tho! Pink Horrors could definitely use some love though! 🙏

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

If the speculation regarding the Chaos Mono-God factions is true (Updated Daemon kits) I think I would prefer an additional Daemon kit for each of the big 4, instead of a direct update/replacement. I think the current Daemon kits hold up pretty well and would like to see a big more diversity in the ranges. 

I still want another generic undivided demon kit based around plastic ruinstorm brutes,
99560102300_HHRuinstormDaemonBrutes01.jp
Make them a really powerful Varanguard styled unit and give Raptoryx's Daemonic keyword and then you can run Be'Lakor and some princes for an undivided Slaves to Darkness Daemon army.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I‘ve ordered some of the Tzeentch figures by them over etsy - first 3d prints I ever got. The detail is incredible, it‘s finer than any GW mini or Forgeworld one, can‘t see print lines, it‘s definitely the future of the hobby. I don‘t like all of the designs of the set I‘ve gotten but some heads/parts are perfect and I‘ll totally bash them with official GW minis for my chosen. They really got some of the helmets right. 

I think these Chosen will be even better! High time I got my own designs modeled. If GW mixed the new Stormcast with these and Chaos Chosen, I‘d have my perfect mortal DoT elite. 😇

Yeah, they are incredible and LKM does their sculps mostly in seperate parts so you can mix GW and LKM parts :)

Here are the parts of the set + command. And yes 3d printing is the future. In the second picture an overview that I all received with the April 2024 release and this only for 9 euro. When you have a 3d printer, a safe place to print and don't play in GW shops. it is becoming more and more difficult to justify the GW price for miniatures.

image.png.5e60db72bee2a71369ca2f6e372e83e1.png

image.png.72b312decb7d690cfd2d59704c445b63.png

• LOVE IT! 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, they are incredible and LKM does their sculps mostly in seperate parts so you can mix GW and LKM parts :)

Here are the parts of the set + command. And yes 3d printing is the future. In the second picture an overview that I all received with the April 2024 release and this only for 9 euro. When you have a 3d printer, a safe place to print and don't play in GW shops. it is becoming more and more difficult to justify the GW price for miniatures.

image.png.5e60db72bee2a71369ca2f6e372e83e1.png

image.png.72b312decb7d690cfd2d59704c445b63.png

Thanks for sharing this pic with me, that's awesome. I only have the official renders so seeing them like this is nice. I bought prints, but perhaps I should buy the actual 3d models as well to have a reference for my own. A friend has a 3d scanner and he scanned an actual (badly painted) GW mini out of interest, it even picks up the thick paintjob xD - I think I should annoy him with scanning a couple of GW bits so that one has the exact proportions and then create some designs of my own.

By the way, here someone used one of their heads on a GW mini, works perfectly fine and shows good those 3d prints are.

Oh and I definitely need to order more of those heads or print them myself. 3d printers that are good enough are quite cheap these days thankfully... 

image.png.3b7ecd7aa58bd5f6dfd4799af6c1a1d1.png

I really gotta finish the helmet of my own lord... I sculpted it by hand but I'm not good enough to make both sides identical by hand, so I'll have to go the 3d route when I finally decided what his headdress should look like (not easy, so many cool ideas out there, from Tzeentch artwork to idoneth xD). 
image.png.ca826857bc356ae0c5a13a0f7cd7dac2.png

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

This is incredibly frustrating. It actually boggles my mind how each Edition people do this.

My MOD HAT will start fraying with how frequently Ill be ripping it on and off dealing with tantrums in the coming weeks.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Thanks for sharing this pic with me, that's awesome. I only have the official renders so seeing them like this is nice. I bought prints, but perhaps I should buy the actual 3d models as well to have a reference for my own. A friend has a 3d scanner and he scanned an actual (badly painted) GW mini out of interest, it even picks up the thick paintjob xD - I think I should annoy him with scanning a couple of GW bits so that one has the exact proportions and then create some designs of my own.

By the way, here someone used one of their heads on a GW mini, works perfectly fine and shows good those 3d prints are.

Oh and I definitely need to order more of those heads or print them myself. 3d printers that are good enough are quite cheap these days thankfully... 

image.png.3b7ecd7aa58bd5f6dfd4799af6c1a1d1.png

I really gotta finish the helmet of my own lord... I sculpted it by hand but I'm not good enough to make both sides identical by hand, so I'll have to go the 3d route when I finally decided what his headdress should look like (not easy, so many cool ideas out there, from Tzeentch artwork to idoneth xD). 
image.png.ca826857bc356ae0c5a13a0f7cd7dac2.png

That's awesome! You certainly have talent!

If you have an iPad and iPen. You should get Nomad. I think it's also for Android. It cost below 20 euro and you can sculpt it digitally. It's a very good program. It's not of the same level of zbrush, but that one is very expensive.

• Like 2