The Rumour Thread

Having the reveal in less than 33 hours made me realise we still havent had any more leañs about the content than those spanish ones. Weird. GW stuff tends to get leaked two exact days before, at the very least.

22 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Is there really a launch box allegiance pattern or is it just been coincidence based upon what armies they have coming out. I know it obvious to say it's Chaos, Death, Destruction, Chaos or is that just the way it shook out. I don't know that they go into a new edition saying we have to plan and design an army for a specific allegiance. So far the launch armies have kind of been a need of replacement. AOS needed spirit/ghosts,needed to replace Bonesplittaz and Skaven was overly due a reboot.

I doubt they make a conscious effort to keep a given pattern. A pattern is easy to see when we have little data to look at as we have right now. We are going to the 4e yet, we would need to see what happen around a couple more edition. If 5e goes with death again and 6e with destruction maybe there is a pattern. Let just hope they move away from stormcast as the other faction when we get there or we will see a couple more cuts to hold all those new models.

One thing I think we can discard is the notion that the faction in the launch box will give the theme of the edition. Like calling 2e the death edition or 3e the destruction edition. While we have significant releases for those grand allegiances in those editions, I would argue that other allegiance also got big releases, if not bigger (Gitz and Lumineth in 2e, Slaves, Cities and Seraphon in 3e).

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Having the reveal in less than 33 hours made me realise we still havent had any more leañs about the content than those spanish ones. Weird. GW stuff tends to get leaked two exact days before, at the very least.

40k is the leakfiesta, Aos rarely has leaks.

Just now, Ragest said:

40k is the leakfiesta, Aos rarely has leaks.

AoS has a smaller community and thus the leaks are rarer and smaller :C Our current set of leakers seem to either have dropped all the info they currently had or are making sure not to get found out by big bro James Workshop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

We haven't had of those either as of yet!

Something about Imperial agent being the tome after SoB and GSC.

having all the inquisitor and deathwatch in one codex I believe

1 minute ago, novakai said:

having all the inquisitor and deathwatch in one codex I believe

See, we still haven't had of those either! We don't know whats gonna happen with the diferent branches of the Inquisition.

Me, Im re-launching like crazy my Chaos Cult, and wouldn't say no to spike an inquisitor model...

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

I'm guessing packaging companies may have received a bollocking after ToW leaks as well. 

One of my favourite times at Mantic was when a packaging supplier brought samples to show us, and they'd picked GW scenery kits that hadn't been released at the time. We had a nice look at all the new stuff that was due out soon. 

This was 10 years ago-ish but was good fun. 

There is some notion though that they are avoiding SM/SCE vs Imperium/Order army for edition launch boxset at least from what I heard.

Of course Sigmar has better categorization then 40K as the Grand alliance system is more develop then 40K Imperium/Chaos/Xenos. And they do market the Grand alliance when it comes to release.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

See, we still haven't had of those either! We don't know whats gonna happen with the diferent branches of the Inquisition.

Me, Im re-launching like crazy my Chaos Cult, and wouldn't say no to spike an inquisitor model...

I believe there was an early leak or mention of the amount of detachments where in the CSM codex

44 minutes ago, Garrac said:

And it is not accurate. It lacks the doggo.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The SEC promo which unfortunately is just the Lord Vigilant on Gryph-stalker 

1715787491041150.jpg.64e778aa67b3b112729bc2562809a69f.jpg

I like the SCE hero over the Skaven one.

It feels so weird that their main marketing tool is this wrestlers stuff...

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 12

The ultimate marketing move would be to pull a Nintendo and near the end of the Preview tell us that the core rules are "up on the website right now!"

GW isn't gutsy enough for that though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I like the SCE hero over the Skaven one.

Yeah, two half naked men + spearhead = bizar. if they wanted to do wrestlers as marketing they should have asked Hulk Hogan. That's the only wrestler I know.

Posted (edited)

I dunno, I'm not exactly a wrestling fan, but it seems fine to me?  Minor celebrity endorsement is hardly bold new ground for advertising, I'm not gonna stay up till 4 am or whatever to watch, but if they throw up a video I'll check it out.

It's a better ad than a sillhouette of a mini that'll get shown in full 2 days later, at least.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, two half naked men + spearhead = bizar. if they wanted to do wrestlers as marketing they should have asked Hulk Hogan. That's the only wrestler I know.

Kip is English and Claudio is Swiss, it probably because they both in Europe.

i think they are also Warhammer fans irl so easier to convince or they market themselves to want to do it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

Kip is English and Claudio is Swiss, it probably because they both in Europe.

i think they are also Warhammer fans irl so easier to convince or they market themselves to want to do it.

I am also from Europe, never heared off them. I even didn't know Europe had a wrestler scene. I thought it was something from the USA.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

There's always been male wrestlers in their marketing... 

Too soon? 🤭

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1