The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

How many days of countdown do you want!? I think you are just exaggerating a bit.

It might not be the most appealing marketing to some, but it is not like they hide the #NewAoS and then appear out of nowhere on the preview/ launching date.

I think GW likes to countdown like 9 days prior? Ok, I'll wait for it on a few days, I need to locate cos I now got the timelines all mixed up because of the country without good public healthcare (ok, yes, im just venting out, sorry americans)

Edited by Garrac

Just now, cyrus said:

I am calling new Idoneth beastie ! :)

99120219004_Volturnos04.jpg?fm=webp&w=92

Nah that is literally the dorsals of Saurus, been painting a load of them recently, the gold coverings on the spines are exactly the same as Saurus Warriors.

My guess is either new guard (please) or maybe a Warcry warband of Saurus, with the former seeming far more likely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Nah that is literally the dorsals of Saurus, been painting a load of them recently, the gold coverings on the spines are exactly the same as Saurus Warriors.

My guess is either new guard (please) or maybe a Warcry warband of Saurus, with the former seeming far more likely.

Yes right incredible !!!!!

99120208036_SERSaurusWarriors03.jpg?fm=w

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Looks to spiky to be Seraphon, probably something Chaos or destruction 

On the contrary, that's 100% Seraphon. No one else has the gold tipped back spines like Saurus have. I'd say Temple Guard, but it's a little naked looking for that.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Luperci said:

thinking of mtg for inspiration, a leonin faction would fit destruction very well, wouldn't be to everyone's tastes for sure but I think it'd be really cool

image.jpeg.8d57290c62ae7ff211cb37810599c8f1.jpeg

image.jpeg.c68a489f238f81ee79ca23b273982c6e.jpeg

It would look dope.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think they usually do countdown on the week when the preview is happening. Then again putting it during a weekday is pretty eh to begin with, like Adepticon really mess up by revealing 4th during a Wednesday and expecting people to watch the show live. 

I bet more people will tune in to the 40K show on Sunday then the Sigmar show on Thursday/Friday TBH 

Yeah. Between it being on a Saturday and having a larger player base, more people will be there for sure. Imo they should have swapped the order around.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

After reviewing the price increase we can say that HH and ToW are not allowed to have a "cheap" price anymore. Both games suffer a big increase over other games.

Yeah. In case anyone wants to check the new pricing (ES/EUR):

New Prices_ES 06_24.xlsx

EDIT: If someone wants it just drop me a DM.

Edited by Ejecutor

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. In case anyone wants to check the new pricing (ES/EUR):

I wouldn't post that file here... it is not a public file

Edited by Nezzhil

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

A Old blood/scar veteran on foot I imagine. The actual one still comes with a square base (outside of the one you can make if you build the troglodon). Probably the foot hero for when the 4e Seraphon time drops.

3 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

A Old blood/scar veteran on foot I imagine. The actual one still comes with a square base (outside of the one you can make if you build the troglodon). Probably the foot hero for when the 4e Seraphon time drops.

Realistically about 2/3 of the army (not taking Sons of Behemat into account) are probably getting only foot heroes this edition

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

That was the female Custodes. The idiots who get upset about that sort of thing start kicking off over that so their tantrums and everything else, like the removed factions, is pretty much forgotten by the majority of those paying attention

God I hate how that feels true: get something "divisive" out there for people to unreasonably hyperventilate about to help drown out the very valid "my investment is suddenly trash" venting

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

First deleting multiple AoS minis. Then rewriting Custodes lore. Now price increase. Go on...

Went from "well I wont play GW games anymore but their models are great" to "well... maybe not even the models" pretty quick. 

It doesn't feel that long ago that 10 figures cost somewhere between $30 and $35; $50+ for a box of ten core unit figures has crossed a threshold that has me not very interested in starting any new projects from GW. Wanted to get some more Sylvaneth for my wife, but I think I'm going to build absolutely everything else I own beforehand at this point. 

I like miniatures, and GW has some pretty ones, but outside the things I've already got rolling any other ideas/projects I have in mind are going to get reworked to avoid using GW kits. 

It's hard to justify >$50 for ten basic infantry when I don't even often buy full-priced videogames anymore.

This does speak to the GW push for Spearhead sized games: if the default is "tiny sized" games suddenly everything on the way to 1,000 points is "optional." Fortunately, I'm in a position where I can budget to jump on the "box of new chaos dwarfs" bundle that'll be a comparatively great deal from LGS 

I really really like seeing 40k get more inclusive: the tweaks to Custodes was a graceful way to handwave the "boys club" narrative

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, novakai said:

I am almost 100% this is Seraphon. The spike caps are metallic and the the scaling to the flanks all lines up. 

Either a new Oldblood or hopefully temple guard. 

seraphoncred.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1