The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Verminentious said:

Any rumours about the dark elves from Cities of Sigmar leaving the range and going over to Old World as a dark elf faction?

Nothing confirmed. Many over here think they will leave once Malerion makes his grand entrance into AoS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

been thinking a lot about the SCE squatting and the Realms of Ruin roster... the new Liberator was introduced via the game, which allows you to easily swap the classic skin for the thunderstrike version. We now know Prosecutors are 100% showing up in new armor.

there are also 3 versions of the Lord Celestant in-game, which got cut and likely gets a refreshed model.

Celestar Ballista and Evocators are the two Sacrosanct units in the game. They have no replacement skins. I'm now wondering if inclusion in RoR is signaling a *definitive* Thunderstrike version of all these models?

The Vanguard Hunters and Raptors weren't squatted, but their design aesthetic is nowhere near as strong as Sacrosanct and Thunderstrike. Out of that Chamber, these are the 3 units I could definitely see get refreshed.

image.png.5b3d93405e5a8a2f618e13b295c2650d.png

I wouldn't think it's a guarantee at all, sequitors are the most iconic sacrosant unit and the celestar is the only stormcast artillery piece. The way warcom phrased it I don't think we're seeing any sacrosanct for a while unfortunately. I'd love for them to just throw us a thunderstrike exorcist or ordinator at the minimum but I don't think it's happening.

35 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

we may even see Transfigured as the weird, unsettling parts of Ruination.

Could be the Stormcast "Dreadnought" in that we get this holy demigod with heavenly blessing/mutation still fighting on despite the crossing the threshold. The lore has each stormhost having their own unique manifestation like the Vindicators being on fire (blue fire) while the Hallowed Knights having halos of nimbus  so they could be the customization to fit your army theme like the Demon Prince  

doubt it make it to the box 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

we may even see Transfigured as the weird, unsettling parts of Ruination.

The Transfigured aren't really that crazy, like I believe Gardus Steel-Soul is considered one of them and he just has a glowing aura from his Reforgings. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz

20 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The Transfigured aren't really that crazy, like I believe Gardus Steel-Soul is considered one of them and he just has a glowing aura from his Reforgings. 

Gardus isn't one of them yet Stormcast already has some mutations when it comes to the reforging reaching the transfigure and lighting ghiest stage but Transfigured is a whole another level with describe as being nothing but a statue of sigmarite, lighting & holy light

Ossiach Vanderghule is the only name Transfigured that we know of and he has amethyst wisp circling around him like a renaissance painting of cupids

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

I wouldn't think it's a guarantee at all, sequitors are the most iconic sacrosant unit and the celestar is the only stormcast artillery piece. The way warcom phrased it I don't think we're seeing any sacrosanct for a while unfortunately. I'd love for them to just throw us a thunderstrike exorcist or ordinator at the minimum but I don't think it's happening.

Sequitors could be fitted into the liberator skin of RoR too; Yndrasta replaces the Lord Celestant role for example. but yes, this is more of guesswork based on how companies do video game tie-ins than anything.

we have to admit it's VERY coincidental the most recent AOS game included the announcement of the first unit for SCE's refresh, with a 2nd unit confirmed by the 4e trailer.

if the Ballista isn't staying and its our only artillery piece, it feels like GW wouldn't let their poster faction simply lose artillery until 5e or 6e. somethin's brewin.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing confirmed. Many over here think they will leave once Malerion makes his grand entrance into AoS.

I’d be kind of baffled if CoS went from “metropolitan alliance of Everyman human/duardin/aelf” to “Humans + 1 Ogor” model over the course of two editions, but I guess anything’s possible.  

Aelves are the ones most anchored to the line by convenience (sharing a kit with a DoK unit), but the latest city tome having a bunch of new dwarf art and emphasizing them as a part of things doesn’t make me super confident GW has decided on a vision for the faction that’s too far removed from the core identity they started with. I’d hope they wouldn’t introduce city ogors as an extension of the multi-racial thing and then completely dumpster the concept right afterwards, at least

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

i don't think what you're describing and the Ruination Chamber are mutually exclusive is the thing. there's no reason to retcon the Star Bridges nor otherwise get rid of them. these could be the same Relictor-led crusades that we simply didn't see before they all got Thunderstruck to save on range bloat. those crusades could've found out new forms of the flaw since it's been a couple centuries since 1e. we may even see Transfigured as the weird, unsettling parts of Ruination.

That’s the vibes I’m getting.

the starter box is gonna represent one of those “Death Company” crusade against one of the major Skaven strongpoints thanks to their heavy Death/Relictor theming.

I’m willing to bet the big reveals of the box not shown in the trailer is the Skaven are lead by a named Skaven Greater Daemon character while the Stormhost gets a Thunderstrike Lord-Relictor that gets a name in narrative but is a standard Lord(same as when Ionus first appeared in the 2015 launch)

It’s basically what they’ve been setting up with past stories of transfigured and Thunderous Ones but put into a marketable form for refreshes over a purely narrative one.

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

if the Ballista isn't staying and its our only artillery piece, it feels like GW wouldn't let their poster faction simply lose artillery until 5e or 6e. somethin's brewin.

I liked someone’s idea that since Ruination seems to be the Realmgate War veterans given a refresh we could see a unit of 3 suped up Thunderbolt Crossbow blasters as the new “artillery” and why the ballista was removed.

Thunderbolt-Crossbow-394x385.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Luperci said:

Mistweaver Saih? I'm sad to see her go too, kinda regret not picking her up before she sold out on GW webstore but idk what I'd do with her tbh

The new shroudqueens are basically the Saih. You could have used her as an alternative shroudqueen for shadowstalker units.

3 hours ago, Togetak said:

I’d be kind of baffled if CoS went from “metropolitan alliance of Everyman human/duardin/aelf” to “Humans + 1 Ogor” model over the course of two editions, but I guess anything’s possible.  

Aelves are the ones most anchored to the line by convenience (sharing a kit with a DoK unit), but the latest city tome having a bunch of new dwarf art and emphasizing them as a part of things doesn’t make me super confident GW has decided on a vision for the faction that’s too far removed from the core identity they started with. I’d hope they wouldn’t introduce city ogors as an extension of the multi-racial thing and then completely dumpster the concept right afterwards, at least

With the launch of dawis for TOW right next to the corner we could get confirmation about this.

Vince Venturella has now also stated on a VOD today that he also knows, for a fact and can't go into how, that Kragnos was definitively an original design mandate not intended for BoC. His body language also backed up the seeming truthfulness of it (which corroborates the HeyWoah VOD I noted earlier in the thread).
While both HeyWoah and Vince are content creators, we can also attribute to them that they have no skin in the game for rumormongering. Vince especially.
I think that mixed with hints here we can put to bed the "Kragnos was pivoted" assumptions more or less completely.

It still stands as one of the weirder design briefs that has ended up in our laps as a model to me, but oh well. Someone made it with love regardless.
Maybe he's got something to do with upcoming weirdness. Guess we will see with enough time.

Video at timestamp:

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
clarification
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, Togetak said:

They are going to be part of Cities background, waiting for a new wave, like any other sub-theme/ new units from most other armies.

There are a lot of units/subthemes that have been shown in battletomes, white dwarfs and black library books, some of them even have illustrations and art in their main battletomes or Core Book (remember that bull-like mounts for SCE or a bunch of Zonbeks and Kharadron ships, or the most obvious one, BoC AoS art), but for most armies, they are just world-building stuff.

• Like 1

TBF I don’t think the human wave is even complete for CoS considering that their still many old Empire units that probably need to be refresh or reimagine. That probably what their second wave is going to be since that initial wave (like Lumineath and Slaanesh ) didn’t really felt complete or encompase everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBF I don’t think the human wave is even complete for CoS considering that their still many old Empire units that probably need to be refresh or reimagine. That probably what their second wave is going to be since that initial wave (like Lumineath and Slaanesh ) didn’t really felt complete or encompase everything.

Yeah, but we know that we have a Cogfort coming, that's the best opportunity to put a little duardin in place. Even if it is just a way to say "we are coming". GW missed that train with the cannon, but in the cogfort makes even more sense for them to be there. IMO if we get the Cogfort and it is all pure humans (if there's a pilot/ crew) it would confirm that CoS would be pure humans always.

24 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Vince Venturella has now also stated on a VOD today that he also knows, for a fact and can't go into how, that Kragnos was definitively an original design mandate not intended for BoC. His body language also backed up the seeming truthfulness of it (which corroborates the HeyWoah VOD I noted earlier in the thread).
While both HeyWoah and Vince are content creators, we can also attribute to them that they have no skin in the game for rumormongering. Vince especially.
I think that mixed with hints here we can put to bed the "Kragnos was pivoted" assumptions more or less completely.

It still stands as one of the weirder design briefs that has ended up in our laps as a model to me, but oh well. Someone made it with love regardless.
Maybe he's got something to do with upcoming weirdness. Guess we will see with enough time.

Video at timestamp:

I mean the biggest thing for Kragnos is that they also design Kruleboyz to have his likeness on some of their units and it would seem like an extreme Pivot given that Kragnos and Kruleboyz thing looks planed out.

of course it hard to infer when BoC where plan to be discontinued, what reason could it be, is Kragnos a herald of a Destruction Beastmen replacement army in the future given the similarity or is he destined to be forever a stand alone piece like Nagash is for GA Death.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Verminentious said:

Any rumours about the dark elves from Cities of Sigmar leaving the range and going over to Old World as a dark elf faction?

None of the Legends factions will return on a short period of time.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure that Vince has met David Waeselynck who designed Kragnos. The brief was to make a centaur and I think he did a pretty good job of it. Whether the brief was a good choice is a different question. I think it was chosen on purpose to look nothing like any particular destruction race. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm pretty sure that Vince has met David Waeselynck who designed Kragnos. The brief was to make a centaur and I think he did a pretty good job of it. Whether the brief was a good choice is a different question. I think it was chosen on purpose to look nothing like any particular destruction race. 

This is my understanding, yeah.

I agree wholeheartedly, he's one of their "humanoid monster guys" with a lot of great models under his belt (Troggs, Morbheg, etc.) and executed the brief very well. He's a very talented 3D artist.

I still remain hopeful there is more future intent for the design brief than just a one off choice model.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xil said:

The new shroudqueens are basically the Saih. You could have used her as an alternative shroudqueen for shadowstalker units.

I could but also I'm gonna use the underworlds shroud queen for my second and idk if I need a third unit of them lol, it's ok