The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Just a thought, what if the reason the Plague Monks aren't being replaced is because there'll be a big focus on Nurgle in the end of 4th edition's campaign. Of the four Chaos Gods, their faction needs the most attention in terms of expanding it, and a major plague would be something that Death can take advantage of and push back against which leads to the rumours of Death being a protagonist part of the new narrative. It wouldn't be difficult to do an Ironjawz size release with a new priest, new monks, new censer bearers and a couple brand new things. They just need to keep the few plastics in circulation to keep them relevant, like with the old 'ard boyz.

Clan Pestilens isnt a Nurgle faction... There was some ambiguity on the old Lore about Pestilens embracing Nurgle accidentally, but the 7th ed book, the Thanquol trilogy, End Times and AoS Lore killed that possibility.

Oficially from the 2022 AoS skaven armybook, clan Pestilens IS a Great Horned Rat cult 100%.

10 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think those models are going to leave the game in favour of 40k, with a demos refresh for them.

There is a rumour that Daemons Codex would receive a hero for each god.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

You do realise, that at whatever point they would have made the announcement, there would always be someone, who bought into that army only weeks/months prior, right? So, from that point of view, it really makes no difference whasoever as to when to make the announcement. They gave people more than a year heads up. How much longer would it have to be, for you to find it long enough? Give me a number, please.

Maybe if they put out of stock the whole range since the launch of the edition it would have been a better approach?

It could end up being the other way around, users complaining about it. I agree there's no easy way to handle something like that.

RIP I just finished painting the Mistweaver Saih from Silver Tower ... yesterday (7 years and 11 months after release, I know). 

So, we know GW cannot entertain all the ranges they have right now, because : 

1. Logistical reasons (factory and worldwide issues)
  2. Profitability (some kits do not sell well and cost shelves space, etc.)
  3. Design choices (e.g. the Modernization by Primarization of the SM range).

So let's recap (* = I own kits from this faction) :

• BS : get a free battletome legal (by GW event) 1 year + rules updates during 4th ed. The range will disappear for new collectors.
  • BoC : get a free battletome legal 1 year + rules updates during 4th ed. The range will still be available through TOW.
  • Warcry* and WUW* warbands : get Legend warscrolls + playable in Warcry / WUW + Proxy as Darkoath possible
  • Skaven* and Warriors Chambers* : updated
  • Sacrosanct* get a free battletome legal 1 year + rules updates during 4th ed + Easy Proxy with the rest of the (IMO still bloated) wider SCE range. The sacrosanct range will disappear for new collectors (there is a second hand market for them since AOS2).

IMO, the positive : AOS visual identity is consolidated (1. managable numbers of factions, 2. different look from TOW/WFB, 3. modern game without too many old resin kits). Also GW gave the head's up in advance as well as supported rules for some time. Dark Elves, Dispossessed, Ogors and Spiderfangs absolutely need to be re-imagined for AOS before going the BoC way (not the BS way) !

Also, possible lore reasons for the change : 

• BoC : always exist as Chaos Mutants (on top of God-Marked units). Like in 40k and HH : there are billions Chaos Beastmen in the setting but not as factions (yet playable in Warcry, Kill Team, Blackstone Fortress, etc.)
  • BS : they were the Age of Myth Orruk Race, that (d)evolved during the post-Apoc Age of Chaos into Ironjawz (the Gork way) or Kruleboyz (the Mork way).
  • Sacrosanct : because of the Flaw and Ruination deployment, they are recalled to reinforce the Sigmarabullum.
  • Warcry : Realms-flavoured Darkoath.

TLDR I'm sorry for existing BoC and BS players losing rule support next year (and losing hope of new kits for time being). Fellow SCE and STD players, time to proxy :P

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Spearhead time?

The question is, random spearhead for some factions in the beggining of 4th? All vanguards are going from now until july? Or those are the first books of 4h?

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Radukar's court is also on LCTB:

image.png.ff4c71c6cfbacf75cc4f70c87623f0e5.png

Honestly, it's probably better this way. All of them being in this super expensive bundle while being also tournament legal always had the potential to cause an unpleasant pay to win situation.

I wonder what that means for continued rules support of Kritza and Annika, though. They were officially AoS models first (even though they were very likely sculpted for Cursed City).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Clan Pestilens isnt a Nurgle faction... There was some ambiguity on the old Lore about Pestilens embracing Nurgle accidentally, but the 7th ed book, the Thanquol trilogy, End Times and AoS Lore killed that possibility.

Oficially from the 2022 AoS skaven armybook, clan Pestilens IS a Great Horned Rat cult 100%.

I know they're a Great Horned Rat cult but there's crossover in their methods and how Nurgle works. I'm thinking with the rise of Skavendom and the asscension of the Great Horned Rat into full Chaos God, it means the other will want revenge. Nurgle manipulates Clan Pestilens to spreading a new disease, that infects even Stormcast, but the ruse is revealed when the plague also decimates the Skaven armies across the realms

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Honestly, it's probably better this way. All of them being in this super expensive bundle while being also tournament legal always had the potential to cause an unpleasant pay to win situation.

I wonder what that means for continued rules support of Kritza and Annika, though. They were officially AoS models first (even though they were very likely sculpted for Cursed City).

Honestly, better off without them rules wise. They were obnoxious to take in a list.

Love the models though. Glad that I picked some up for conversions etc.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Who cares about waac player's wallets? It's a fluffy bundle now arbitrarily squatted (and surely Cursed City won't remain available indefinitely). Justifying GW's hostile practices is just stupid unless you're a callous shareholder.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Honestly, better off without them rules wise. They were obnoxious to take in a list.

Love the models though. Glad that I picked some up for conversions etc.

They are great as variant sculpts. My current Cities battlemage is Octren Glimscry and I converted up this guy as a Necromancer or Vampire Lord stand in at some point:

20210808_155525.jpg.311765ca00c33f2aaeb457093c8cc767.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I know they're a Great Horned Rat cult but there's crossover in their methods and how Nurgle works. I'm thinking with the rise of Skavendom and the asscension of the Great Horned Rat into full Chaos God, it means the other will want revenge. Nurgle manipulates Clan Pestilens to spreading a new disease, that infects even Stormcast, but the ruse is revealed when the plague also decimates the Skaven armies across the realms

Nurgle isn't that treachorous. As a matter in fact, the guy actually hates the Great Horned Rat because, while Nurgle wants to keep things in a perpetual life of rotiness, the Great Horned One wants to use his plagues to just kill everything.

Nurgle will work with him if the needs is of them ost urgent matter, but in general Nurgle tricking TGHR into doing anything isn't going to be a good plan since Pestilens would just kill everything. And don't even need to be tricky since thsoe plagues already kill more skavens than anything...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrossyGob said:

Who cares about waac player's wallets? It's a fluffy bundle now arbitrarily squatted (and surely Cursed City won't remain available indefinitely). Justifying GW's hostile practices is just stupid unless you're a callous shareholder.

I see a distinction between fully supported armies like BoC. Boneslitterz and Sacrosanct chamber, and models released in side-games like Warhammer Quest.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone who engages with the crunch of the game a WAAC player, either. It already kind of sucked in the last edition when Gorslav and Torgilius were temporarily very good in Vyrkos to have to tell new players "you will need to buy this huge bundle of other models you don't care about if you want to run these guys".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

By the way, I can't believe how on freakin point was this... this

image.jpeg.0f911e8d178e8b74e9e1e73e99ba9fd6.jpeg

Sprinkling more or less confirmed rumours from more reputable sources doesn't make a load of wishlisting more real though.