The Rumour Thread

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I used to LOVE old fantasy and it's setting and I mean love. Had all the lizardmen/lustria related novels even if it was Thanquols perspective, had massive themed armies; red crested skins of Tehenhauin, Lustrian Jungle Hunter empire, Savage Orcs of the badlands. But I will never go back to ToW because simply put the models just aren't up to date with the modern age. Nostalgia only goes so far, whyd I pick up Orcs and Goblins when Ironjawz blow them out of the water in design and not only that, cost. 

Paying modern day prices for sculpts from 6th ed fantasy doesn't tickle my loins to run and play the game even though I have fond memories of The Old World as a kid and young adult. The ship has sailed to the golden realms of updated sculpts and scale. 

My beastmen will most likely stay in a box in the garage until the day I throw them out or die of old age. I have no incentive to play ToW, not to mention no one actually plays it in my county when AoS and 40k are vastly more accessible to get a game in. 

TOW has been charging its plastic at a discount. With beastmen being in TOW they'll literally be cheaper than in AOS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

This. So much this. I find myself more interested in TOW these days, but I want AOS players to have their cool stuff and enjoy their game!

I feel the same thing. I have 0 interest in TOW in terms of gameplay, lore or miniatures. I do want the two settings to be able to coexist peacefully. As long as neither game's existence is hurting the other, it's a blessing to have two unique settings side by side.

• Like 5

Just now, Snarff said:

I feel the same thing. I have 0 interest in TOW in terms of gameplay, lore or miniatures. I do want the two settings to be able to coexist peacefully. As long as neither game's existence is hurting the other, it's a blessing to have two unique settings side by side.

It's up to GW and both game's community to make that happen.

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

It isn't unreasonable, but it is an assumption made on our part.  GW has given us a year's warning of when these warscrolls/models will be gone which is a lot more than many companies would in the same situation.  That's only competitive play too - the article does say that Legends will be updated and balanced for the duration of 4th edition.

I agree. And there is really no "proper" way to communicate such message. I really feel for the BoC players - especially those who do not follow the news closely and have every right to be extremely confused now. Same for Bonesplitterz, even if they were (for a long time now) just a tiny faction and an obviously neglected one. Regarding Stormcast... I would naturally assume that you can still use everything (almost everything?) as proxy and the purge is therefore less impactful than it may seem. Truth be told, I find it difficult to tell their units apart.  

5 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Not really. The issue with the door burning was never that he was quitting the game, it was burning the models he’d spent so much time and money on rather than selling them.

Its completely understandable to stop playing, just don’t cut your nose off to spite your face.

I would never burn my army, but being real with you selling (and shipping!) used models is a lot of work for likely a pittance of pay. I'm not going to judge anyone for just quietly tipping a box of models into the garbage bin instead of bothering.

10 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

⚠️ OBVIOUS JOKE ALERT! ⚠️
image.jpeg.cea354e3888f35a9c5ec790905258b9c.jpeg
⚠️ OBVIOUS JOKE ALERT! ⚠️

Yeah, let's not do the uno reverse card of misplaced anger. Be upset all you need to, but let's not start that kind of stuff, please.

Nah.  If I hated AOS I wouldn't be mad. Nor am I angry that ToW took beasts out of Aos because it didn't.  GW did.   Age of sigmar is a fine game owned by a ****** company.  

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Warcry Warbands such as Hashut seems so sudden!! Maybe theyre being folded into Chaos Duardin?

Bonesplitterz is so sad I was really hoping that they would get updated. I also think this means Kruelboyz stay as part of Warclans and dont get their own book.

Beasts of Chaos. Im so sorry @The Red King truly this must be quite a blow to take.

Personally I am quite angry at this decision, that unless they get revamped in a few years seems like stab in the back to players. Sacrificed for TOW.

I swear if BOC recieves updates in TOW after being cut from AOS Ill lose my mind.

I expected my Bonesplitterz to go sooner or later after they shoved all the Orks together. Which is why I’m not effing and jeffing over them.

Beasts I expected to be revamped, new range and background. I’ve never liked their AoS background, so a Cities of Sigmar sequel rethink and redesign would have been interesting. 

But to abruptly remove them and treat their transfer to TOW as some sort of consolation doesn’t sit well with me. And along with the other removals raises a lot of uncertainty going forwards. 
Skaven, fair enough, the removals are for older kits and some have not aged well and will see new incarnations. But the Sacrosanct losses smacks of being dropped to force the sale of the new Stormcast. And why invest in the upcoming Ruination chamber release, if in two editions they’ll go too in favour of new Stormcast Chamber Flavour X?

Edited by RetconnedLegion

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Wonder which models are next on the chopping block if GW is axing stuff this hard.

I guess all the WFB subfactions/old WFB models are ready to be cannibalized back into TOW.

So Spiderfang, Dispossessed, all the old Dark Aelves in CoS. Maybe Beastclaw Raiders as well? The longer it takes for a faction to get a refresh, the more in danger they are.

I will answer you that. Dawis and Old Empire. CoS second wave is coming!

• Like 1

You guys here having cool discussions, and I still can't get over the fact that GW won't retire the monkey ninjas any time soon... GW... why... im gonna get mad... and sad... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

What a ****** and what a ****** company GW is. And I'm certainly not going to jump through the hoops of the scam that is TOW.

Anyway, I'll continue playing with them with Legends rules and ****** GW.

Just now, novakai said:

Checking in to see people reaction on BoC getting gone

seems about right 

And this is the place that people knew that it was going to happen. Other less informed groups have taken it less well lol...............

7 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

My beastmen will most likely stay in a box in the garage until the day I throw them out or die of old age. I have no incentive to play ToW, not to mention no one actually plays it in my county when AoS and 40k are vastly more accessible to get a game in. 

I'd advice you to first ask your AoS friends (or even complete strangers !) to still play your beastmen. Rules will still be there, after all. You could be surprised by the answer.

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If I hated AOS I wouldn't be mad. Nor am I angry that ToW took beasts out of Aos because it didn't.  GW did.   Age of sigmar is a fine game owned by a ****** company.  

Tbf GW has a backup for BoC with is TOW. Same for Bonesplitters. You're just not willing to use the backup because you don't care about TOW is that it ? 

You don't wanna proxy them as Darkoath or something ?

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Nah.  If I hated AOS I wouldn't be mad. Nor am I angry that ToW took beasts out of Aos because it didn't.  GW did.   Age of sigmar is a fine game owned by a ****** company.  

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean you personally. Was literally a broadband comms.

Really sorry your army got crushed. Been there for armies and systems many times prior. It always sucks.

I'm not super across BoC or StD but is it possible to proxy as StD (darkoath) units at all if you like the rules system and want to keep your existing stuff?

1 minute ago, RollSixxess said:

GW just nuked BoC, Beastsplitterz, 70% of the SCE range and pretty much any model intended for TOW in one fell swoop?

Prayers for the goats in the chaf

Most of the SCE stuff is probably about the be replaced. Sad for BoC and Bonesplitterz players though

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I wouldn't want to own any model originating in WFB from now on.

That's literally my approach to both of my armies. I have everything released for AoS for CoS and FEC, but I never considered buying WHFB minis because I know one day the axe would come. Luckily I am not a competitive player.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a reminder about the rules, so can we not swear!

The swearing filter is in overload at the moment and I've been tweaking things which have crept through. 

Totally understand peoples feelings, but less swearing please. We want this forum for everybody!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf GW has a backup for BoC with is TOW. Same for Bonesplitters. You're just not willing to use the backup because you don't care about TOW is that it ? 

Oh let me just pop on down to my local gaming store oh whats that nobody is playing ToW? Guess I hate the game. 

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

What happens to gloomspite? How can Stabbas/Shootas, spiderfang/araknoroks, aleguzzler gargants exist in the AoS when they are also part of legal non legends ToW Orcs and Goblins. It's weird double standards throwing beastmen to ToW but not other ToW legal models. Savage orcs get the worst of it, they aren't even an army in legends or core ToW. It's a 1 in 1000pt upgrade for an Orc unit to get warpaint and frenzy....

Imo all of those minis that everyone thinks should be axed as well would be replaced soon.

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean you personally. Was literally a broadband comms.

Really sorry your army got crushed. Been there for armies and systems many times prior. It always sucks.

I'm not super across BoC or StD but is it possible to proxy as StD (darkoath) units at all if you like the rules system and want to keep your existing stuff?

Oh no sorry that wasn't an attack on you.  I meant to agree with you I just have angry energy right now lol. Sorry

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

I'd advice you to first ask your AoS friends (or even complete strangers !) to still play your beastmen. Rules will still be there, after all. You could be surprised by the answer.

A temporary solution, which leaves you watching other factions receive one update after another, while your guys are slowly drifting towards obsolescence. Sometimes a clean cut is better.