The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Why we talking duardin soup again? Did i miss something?

The law of the Rumour Thread: As soon as no new rumours are presented for a sufficient amount of time, people start saying Duardin are being Souped, Beasts of Chaos are being removed and that Kurnothi are really actually coming this time guys believe me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is this an actual rumour, or just you expressing what you want it to be ?

It's not an actual rumour afaik, this cover is just why it's come up again. Any Grombrindal rumour is paired with Duardin soup at this point, since you apparently cannot have inter-faction cooperation in lore without immediately putting them in one book and merging their armies.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The law of the Rumour Thread: As soon as no new rumours are presented for a sufficient amount of time, people start saying Duardin are being Souped, Beasts of Chaos are being removed and that Kurnothi are really actually coming this time guys believe me

You forgot Silent People and Malerion always being right around the corner guys trust me I have an inside source at GW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You forgot Silent People and Malerion always being right around the corner guys trust me I have an inside source at GW

There also some long term plans by me to add a Cities wave 2 that will totally have a Cogfort, a generic priest and new Dispossessed to that list if sufficient time passes. And also Warcry Flagellants. It's only a matter of a few timespans now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It's not an actual rumour afaik, this cover is just why it's come up again. Any Grombrindal rumour is paired with Duardin soup at this point, since you apparently cannot have inter-faction cooperation in lore without immediately putting them in one book and merging their armies.

We can call him Grombrindal the Soupbringer or Soupbrindal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All this means so far is that WD 500 is a special anniversary model with Grombrindal on the front. That's it. 

He will probably get a model and rules for Aos + Old world but that's it, I doubt some dwarfs appearing on the cover behind him means that soup is inevitable.

Now, a old school dwarf faction with Rune golems, artillery and heavy infantry would be sick and I would love it it be true. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I can’t believe the disrespect being shown to IDK Endless spells here

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gutsu17 said:

Comparing GK or DW or Inquistion, or any other faction of the Imperium, to two separete factions is just wrong 

Tbf GW treats the imperium like they do GA:order, inquisition and grey knights are their own factions, deathwatch are a space marine subfaction 

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Remember the good old days when we could see something nice like a Kharadron giving a Fyreslayer a model sky-vessel for Christmas and people just went “aww” instead of “Soup! Soup! It’s a hint!!”?

I miss back when.

image.jpeg.0aedf619bf9427cfc2c6e7da0e5c4166.jpeg

Not sure what happened but ever since AoS3 people have been so soup crazy for every faction(remember when it reached a head with a “Big Dads & Little Lads” tweet for SoB + Ogors people said was gonna happen?) even though GW have been doing the opposite(partly so they can sell more tomes & box sets)

And now with AoS4 having a chance to offload a bunch of factions back to TOW it seems even less likely than before.

But yeah, I think the cover is just in the spirit of AoS duardin and Grombrindal trying to lead those that will listen to him. So if not a model probably just special RoR coalition rules that won’t affect what actually happens in AoS4(he’s had no where near the time to unite races across multiple planes of reality)

It does seem a sour note that Dispossessed are left out entirely. Hopefully they’ll get an Ironweld refresh to be closer to CoS aesthetics, would suck otherwise for players to be told the armies they just made are only good on squares(with double the numbers) and nothing else.

At least we’ll know I a few months thanks to how Indexes work so it won’t be 2 whole years of doom-posting and debates about resources(which surprise surprise the “no more terrain” ones went right down the drain)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gutsu17 said:

Comparing GK or DW or Inquistion, or any other faction of the Imperium, to two separete factions is just wrong 

They are souping lines that are not on the roadmap to be expanded. We can argue that we want standalone factions but the reality is that they want to expand new concepts every year because they found that new things are more profitable that updates and revamps of the same all the time.

We are gonna have new factions every edition and that implies remové old stuff or unify to have space

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Ok here me out.....what if both Crudades fail; Embergard  by the darkoathand Verdigril from Abraxia

But the actual city that raised is actually Hel crown from a random diffrent crusade?

The ultimate subversion

One guy’s theory is it might be what Khul goes after next since that area is in front of a gateway to Khorne’s domain.

a “hell crown” for the top of his pyramid as he ascends to daemon princehood.(probably will do something heavy metal like melt all the skulls down into a giant brass skull for the topper)

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We are gonna have new factions every edition and that implies remové old stuff or unify to have space

I mean we’re looking at possibly 3 removed armies(hopefully not fully) of BoC, Bonesplitterz, Dispossessed and possibly CoS Darklings too. So the unify isn’t exactly necessary here.

Also tone it down on the “reality” stuff. You did this same song & dance back in 2021 about duardin in AoS3 and even had Whitefang behind you and it turned out to be hot air.

End of the day only GW know what they’ll do next so let’s just enjoy some cool art and factions working together as they do in the lore without going overboard, eh?

• Like 3

There's been a rumour flowing on my WhatsApp app groups about a leaked price raise for the Kill Team box. Has anyone got confirmation about this? Is the price rise season again?

Edited by Ejecutor

As a fan and collector of both Kharadron and Fyreslayers, I just hope they will make more miniatures for both factions, no matter souping or not. I don’t want to receive another hero in the upcoming edition. 

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's been a rumour flowing on my WhatsApp app groups about a leaked price raise for the Kill Team box. Has anyone got confirmation about this? Is the price rise season again?

I saw a YouTube video that apparently the KT box has gone up $10 but the Warcry box hasn’t. Dunno the source though but we should have price lists tomorrow I guess (bank holiday today).