The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

There is no real barrier to this. GW released 3 new factions plus Sons of Behemat in 2nd ed. In 3rd ed, their big releases were mostly expansions and refreshes (Kruleboyz, Cities, FEC, S2D...), but there is nothing stopping them from releasing two or three new armies next edition if they feel like it's worth it.

From Games Workshop's point of view releases such as Kruleboyz, Cities in AoS and Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle etc in 40k ARE the new armies. They are mostly miniatures selling company.

Definitely think we will see a full Chaos Dwarf release. I’ve guessed it before but I think the army will find a way to mix in some of the other chaos elements that may be missing or getting squatted….

Tyrion and Malerion beef sounds like the perfect end of edition narrative. Especially if we are assuming they will be added to exsisting armies (Darkoath). 

That leaves Ogres….. That one remains a mystery. They have no real connection to mainline story beats, or provide no true threat. Throughout AOS, armies that carry that kind of narrative insignificance usually get a ground up rework. Could possibly be the antagonist in 5th edition launch.

14 hours ago, GhostShark said:

I think you have it wrong. The origin of the rumor was that the models were being removed so the line could be reworked

Do you have a source on that? I'm not saying you're wrong but thats not what I remember the rumor being at all.

I know we've had one rumor monger (whitefang jr) flat out say they're going. And zero rumor mongers (as I've seen) saying they're being revamped. I'd love to be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Feels like Necromunda to me. Kharadrons in Necromunda confirmed!

In my opinion, the some of the loveliest Dwarf models GW are doing right now are the Necromunda Squats. Really wish they'd done the Votann Kin the same.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, I haven't gone around counting every individual mention but I'm pretty sure that the Chaos Duardin have been teased a bunch more than Malerion's faction. From the top of my head:

Chorf mentions:

• Appear in 2E Vostarg White Dwarf article where its implied one of the old Runesons of the Vostarg fell to worship of Hashut.
  • Forge Anathema on Great Parch map.
  • Zharr-Vyxa on Prime Innerlands map.
  • Sons of Behemat 2E Battletome featuring Kraken-Eaters vs Chaos Siege Gargants at Zharr-Vyxa.
  • Anguzkul-Grend in the Wrath of the Everchosen book.
  • Horns of Hashut in Warcry.
  • Trade with Hobgrots in Orruk Warclans battletome.

Malerion Aelves mentions:

• Lumineth Battletome where a Zenith Aelementari gets captured by Shadow Daemons working for Malerion.
  • Malign Portents short story where its implied Malerion is scheming against Sigmar.
  • Broken Realms short story where Malerion and Tyrion are implied to be at odds.
  • A few mentions of Malerion creating his own Aelves in Daughters of Khaine and Lumineth battletomes.

the big difference is that malerion has always been a big player in the background, he was in sigmar's pantheon and is supposedly active and doing things. I hope we see both in 4th ed, though given the aqshy/ghyran focus, chaos duardin fit better into the immediate narrative

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Definitely think we will see a full Chaos Dwarf release. I’ve guessed it before but I think the army will find a way to mix in some of the other chaos elements that may be missing or getting squatted….

Tyrion and Malerion beef sounds like the perfect end of edition narrative. Especially if we are assuming they will be added to exsisting armies (Darkoath). 

That leaves Ogres….. That one remains a mystery. They have no real connection to mainline story beats, or provide no true threat. Throughout AOS, armies that carry that kind of narrative insignificance usually get a ground up rework. Could possibly be the antagonist in 5th edition launch.

5th edition will be death assuming they stick to the pattern, though it'd be cool to mix it up and go stormcast vs ulgurothi. It feels like there's room for some ogor love maybe year 2 or 3 of 4th ed for sure

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The last RE from the weapons series. We got TOW axe, supposed Sanguinus loo roll, the unidentified sword and now a drill:

The Rumour Engine – 26th March 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

RumourEngine Mar26 Content

Within minutes of that dropping my 30k discord pinged me “is this you?! Are you getting a thing?!” Cause I play mechanicum there. They were so hyped for me. It was seeet.

Unfortunately it’s almost definitely necromunda.

4 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

The limited edition models are up on the UK store, got an order in for Zagnog 😁

I love the Sacrosanct aesthetic of warrior wizards with the cloaks etc  but much much prefer the new proportions. Maybe it's just hopium but I reallly hope some of the Sacrosanct units get updated to the Thunderstrike armour too like this guy and character in Dominion. If they're not updated with the (assumably) wave of SCE with their Battletome, I think I should be able to convert the look I want. Vigilors with some kitbashed staffs could be great Evocators! 😄

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Within minutes of that dropping my 30k discord pinged me “is this you?! Are you getting a thing?!” Cause I play mechanicum there. They were so hyped for me. It was seeet.

Guess it could be 30K mechanicum?

5 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I love the Sacrosanct aesthetic of warrior wizards with the cloaks etc  but much much prefer the new proportions. Maybe it's just hopium but I reallly hope some of the Sacrosanct units get updated to the Thunderstrike armour too like this guy and character in Dominion. If they're not updated with the (assumably) wave of SCE with their Battletome, I think I should be able to convert the look I want. Vigilors with some kitbashed staffs could be great Evocators! 😄

I totally agree, if they combine sacrosanct with thunderstrike armour and also dragons? I might be forced to start stormcast

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Mechanicum for 30k is also a good candidate.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Maybe this is an indication for Spearhead boxes. I was looking at Vanguard earlier and all of these said temporarily out of stock and now they all say sold out online:

Soulblight Gravelords

Ossiarch Bonereapers 

Hedonites of Slaanesh

Beasts of Chaos

Skaven

Curious...

On French store, Gloomspite Gitz box is out of stock, while Soulblight is back in stock on UK and French store. So I don't know if that's a reliable clue as to what's coming out next...

15 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I totally agree, if they combine sacrosanct with thunderstrike armour and also dragons? I might be forced to start stormcast

Dragons aren't my jam but I absolutely love the battle-cats the Sacrosanct have and the big Gryph chargers too. They're really cool!

A very grim Anvils of the Heldenhammer army is calling my name 😅

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

The only thing I spotted was:

dJbcvmW2uEFcYR3N.jpg

Is this new? It looks like an Ogroid with wings in the centre?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Dragons aren't my jam but I absolutely love the battle-cats the Sacrosanct have and the big Gryph chargers too. They're really cool!

A very grim Anvils of the Heldenhammer army is calling my name 😅

The only thing I spotted was:

dJbcvmW2uEFcYR3N.jpg

nah that's a bloodthirster, old 1st ed art I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I confirm that this is an old artwork from 1st edition.

Otherwise an empty article today if you're already used to the Mortal Realms. I hope we'll get some real infos, whether it's about lore, rules or minis, because otherwise it's going to be a long time until May.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Wow. This is a trully 'you know nothing guide'. Curious.

Maybe they try this edition that the lore overall is spread wider between the players, which would be awesome.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I think it is just a starting point for newcomers.

Notice that the Era of the Beast is just a lore bit from Broken Realms (Kragnos escaped and... that's all)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Luperci said:

If you are well versed in the lore, then no this offers nothing new.

However, it's a brilliant primer and something they should have done years ago as anybody new to the game and background gets a great start in understanding what is happening. It's to the point but covers the main things people need to know about the setting. They need to do a video on this and get it on Youtube to make it more accessible to new players.

• Like 9