The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Peacaf said:

Malekith had scars all over his body, he can now transform into a lizard with wings and he told his mother that he was going to teach the twins a lesson. If his mother conquered a city of Sigmar, why not him?

Sorry what's the source on him being able to turn into a lizard with wings if you don't mind indulging me. I think I missed this bit of lore.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Sorry what's the source on him being able to turn into a lizard with wings if you don't mind indulging me. I think I missed this bit of lore.

That was just "He fused with hit dragon" nonsense that early youtubers spread from after seeing his 1 edition art 

CDN media

despite since the First Core rule book he been more describe as a shadow god that basically look like the old Malekith form but is able to take any form as he pleases, Soulbound Core book tell that

"When the Shadow King deigns to show himself to others, he often appears as an Aelf of dread aspect, encased in black iron and coiling tendrils of shadow, but the truth is that he can appear in any fashion he chooses."

and in the Broken Realm fiction "To cast a long Shadow" where Malerion and Morathi talk 

The shade-king held up a giant mask, regal and lambent, framed by bifurcated horns and cast in the image of an Ymetrican longhorn. Glowing dust cascaded from the crumbled realmstone at its neck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My speculation on the contents of the new launch box ("Ruination"):

Stormcast

1x Lord-Ruinator on Birb

3x "Ruinators"

10x Reforged Liberators

3x Reforged Prosecutors

One or two additional character models.

Skaven

1x Warlord on Giant Rat

20x Clanrats

10x Giant Rats (chaff, like Scarab Swarms - I know a rumor said they were going away, buuut)

3x Jezzails

1x New Artillery Thing

1x Rat Ogor

One, maybe two additional character models, like a Grey Seer.

This seems to align itself pretty closely with both Dominion and Leviathan. I don't think we'll see Stormvermin in the launch box. They feel very much like a "next step" kit to me, a la new Genestealers.

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

C'était juste une absurdité "Il a fusionné avec Hit Dragon" que les premiers youtubeurs ont diffusé après avoir vu sa première édition. 

Médias CDN

Bien que depuis le livre de règles du Premier Noyau, il ait été davantage décrit comme un dieu de l'ombre qui ressemble fondamentalement à l'ancienne forme de Malekith mais est capable de prendre n'importe quelle forme à sa guise, le livre Soulbound Core dit que

et dans la fiction Broken Realm "To cast a long Shadow" où Malerion et Morathi parlent 

That would still deceived me if we cannot have a model like illustration for him

2 hours ago, Danaork said:

That would still deceived me if we cannot have a model like illustration for him

I want new Slaanesh and the last sin model in 3.0, that will be sin of avarice

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So Aelementari of the four elements

• Mountain---> Ymetrican Longhorn bull
  • Wind---->Horned Foxes
  • River---->Horned kelpie? that even dubious whether or not that the actual river spirit or some Warcry exclusive stuff like a minor river spirit of the gnarlwood until Pyre & Flood fluff comes
  • Zenith--->Possibly Phoenix 

that is of course taking assumption that the Phoenix is not the spirit of Hysh much like how Celennar take the form of a Sphinx

and just to round it out assuming the Broken statue on Lyrior Ulthralle base is a preview of what Tyrion might look like

GoldenDemon FEST2023 AoS Single Gold

This the best picture of the statue i can find

Where is that statue coming from?

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Looking back i got to ask

So does anyone feel like Prince Ulther and his Dragon Company fit better side by side the new Freeguild then the actual 8th edition Dwarfs/Disspossed?

ZTzTx84xE9nitqk0.jpg

If that's the new dispossessed aesthetic I am full in. There's something on those sayets that I love!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It was a rumour. Bye bye, Phoenicium. Maybe this is the city falling and verdigris and Embergard stay safe.

So the Krethusa' vision of a phoenix consumed by a black sun then it was indeed Phoenicium destroyed by Abraxia !

We had already farewell phoenix guards last September when new CoS bt  dropped but this is a  kind of confirmation that "phoenix Lumineth" are coming ! :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So the Krethusa' vision of a phoenix consumed by a black sun then it was indeed Phoenicium destroyed by Abraxia !

We had already farewell phoenix guards last September when new CoS bt  dropped but this is a  kind of confirmation that "phoenix Lumineth" are coming ! :)

It is nice that the team is taking the time to make their game decisions to fit within the lore and not just put them out without an explanation.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So Aelementari of the four elements

• Mountain---> Ymetrican Longhorn bull
  • Wind---->Horned Foxes
  • River---->Horned kelpie? that even dubious whether or not that the actual river spirit or some Warcry exclusive stuff like a minor river spirit of the gnarlwood until Pyre & Flood fluff comes
  • Zenith--->Possibly Phoenix 

that is of course taking assumption that the Phoenix is not the spirit of Hysh much like how Celennar take the form of a Sphinx

and just to round it out assuming the Broken statue on Lyrior Ulthralle base is a preview of what Tyrion might look like

GoldenDemon FEST2023 AoS Single Gold

This the best picture of the statue i can find

In the banner you can see the right side dedicated to Teclis with Celennar and the Moon , and left side dedicated to Tyrion with phoenix and sun !IMG_0185.jpeg.42a368ace1515dd85a8ea2260adc14e6.jpeg

• Like 3

The horned Kelpie has drawings in the first Lumineth battle time next to the big Cow, so that's 100% Thier theme, but idk if there will be a model considering that they released in a warcry band, and they are typically standalone. 

Zenith will 100% have a Phoenix of some kind, with a hero and maybe a unit of 2-3 elite elves. 

Tyrion has a weird looking dragon in his art (runes)and a couple of the Lumineth units have icons of flame/dragons so that is probably coming with him on the same model, like Cellenar and Teclis. The battle tome also mentions Chariots and scouts of some kind, and at a guess we will get an aggressive fire mage of some kind to go along with a 3rd Lumineth wave.

All Lumineth units mirror the high elves to an extent. Elyrion Reavers = Hurakan and bladelords = Sword masters for example.

So the only equivalents missing are Dragons, Griffons, Lothern SeaGuard, Trianoc Chariots, Phoenixes, shadow Stalkers, sisters of Aevelorn (I don't think they fit in Lumineth tbh) dragon princes, dragon mages, Phoenix Guard, Anointed and Eagles. 

Edited by AquaRegis
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Thaliontil said:

An astute observer in the Spanish Lumineth group has pointed out that this could be the helmet for a future redesign of the Phoenix Guard (which I really hope it happens, one of the most beautiful models of all time). Looking forward to 4th 

IMG-20240322-WA0097.jpg

The Spanish AoS fans are truly on another level. Between their wiki, pointing out tiny details that could hint at future minis, organising events...

• Like 2

Weird shower thought. Noticed that in the greenskins arcane journal there's an army list that is primarily goblin wolf riders.

I wonder if this is more evidence that the snarlfang riders were designed for old world but the main studio effectively stole them to use in AoS.

• Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Weird shower thought. Noticed that in the greenskins arcane journal there's an army list that is primarily goblin wolf riders.

I wonder if this is more evidence that the snarlfang riders were designed for old world but the main studio effectively stole them to use in AoS.

This had been rumoured before, dont remember who said it. 

Edit: i dont think thats the case since we already had the Underworld Rippas Snarlfangs warband too that used a similar design.

Edited by Gitzdee

6 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

My speculation on the contents of the new launch box ("Ruination"):

Stormcast

1x Lord-Ruinator on Birb

3x "Ruinators"

10x Reforged Liberators

3x Reforged Prosecutors

One or two additional character models.

Skaven

1x Warlord on Giant Rat

20x Clanrats

10x Giant Rats (chaff, like Scarab Swarms - I know a rumor said they were going away, buuut)

3x Jezzails

1x New Artillery Thing

1x Rat Ogor

One, maybe two additional character models, like a Grey Seer.

This seems to align itself pretty closely with both Dominion and Leviathan. I don't think we'll see Stormvermin in the launch box. They feel very much like a "next step" kit to me, a la new Genestealers.

I have a feeling you are on the right track somewhat.

i still believe we won’t be seeing giant rats or clanrats in that box.

(but I can be wrong)

My guess is that we’ll be seeing  we’ll 2x3 rat ogres with some packmaster gear units that ade now put together as one unit

as well as the new artillery piece and jezzails

as well as the clawlord on either a brood horror sized rat monster or on a poxrat (old wolf rat like mount they had in the fantasy times)

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

This had been rumoured before, dont remember who said it. 

Edit: i dont think thats the case since we already had the Underworld Rippas Snarlfangs warband too that used a similar design.

Nor do I.

there are a lot of people here that often think that there is an aos style and an old world style.

yet we had so many armies that took their inspired look from the old world and kept that even after a refresh.

personally if somebdoy came to me telling me that these mew slaves to darkness look perfectly made for aos I could say the same about these new models for old world, and funnily enough I’m not the only one who’d be stating that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Odds to see a palanquin styled rat ogor mount for clawlords?

Iirc they were an option for Moulder...

Hoping the rat mount could be a dual kit with the pestilens option also.

SG Warhound seemingly implied a howda style rat ogor with their image of the Bonebreaker following the blurry big rat head they posted.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

10 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Odds to see a palanquin styled rat ogor mount for clawlords?

Iirc they were an option for Moulder...

Hoping the rat mount could be a dual kit with the pestilens option also.

All starter box sets are monopose. They already have to make another kit from 0 with clanrats and jezzails, too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The Spanish AoS fans are truly on another level. Between their wiki, pointing out tiny details that could hint at future minis, organising events...

I am truly surprised how many of us are here in the forum. I guess we are a really passionate bunch!

On a side note, in our biggest tournament we had 300 AoS (and some teams couldn't attend) players vs 600 or 650 from 40k. Last year it was 250. So the game is growing here!

• Like 5